Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 56. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

In the context of OP post, "each" and "one" has the same meaning.

Sorry. I have never learned to speak English at school. Only  Estonian, Russian and German.

Looks pretty strong English from here - 4 languages! not bad
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Sorry. I have never learned to speak English at school. Only  Estonian, Russian and German.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I have some S2 Coupons valid 11 June.
Asking .2BTC each. Or make me an offer.
Again these will save you $400 off each S2.

0.2BTC=$130

400-130=270
these will save you $270 off  each one S2.

Today I bought one of S2 without the coupon.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

0.2BTC=$130

400-130=270
these will save you $270 off  each one S2.

Today I bought one of S2 without the coupon.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins
Looking for some advice.

Firstly I'm in Canada. I'm looking to order an S2. Now, should I order from 112 or bitmain?
Can anyone advise? I'm thinking about lead time, possible shipping damages, warranty issues/return shipping, customs declarations.

If anyone has some input, I'd love to hear it. Also, if anyone has an S2 coupon, my ID at Bitmain is: bit_NINj4 (thanks xoun!)

Thanks in advance and cheers!

I haven't ordered from 112, but I have ordered 5 S2s from Bitmain.  Haven't had single issue, but I have had to call UPS and give them the authority to clear the shipments for me.  The customs charges were ~$140 for the first two, and ~$220 for the second two.  I won't know about the fifth until next week.

Use dhl from bitmain to canada

Why?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

Noted; thanks.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
I would REALLY like to know why my coupon is not working… it is green and says its valid but it will not pick it up in my shopping card . It has about an hour left before it expires … and this is based off of Bitmains time...
Activity: 84
Send me if you have a valid one S2 coupon code.
Nick on bitmaintech.com is Duk
Thanx

Bitmaintech no longer offer new coupons.

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I did it without discounts to make it an even playing field (though I did forget shipping sorry, last one I bought had free shipping). There are very few vouchers available for the S2 and it's possible to get a discount on the SP10, but ok lets work it out that way with disounts/vouchers

S2:  $1959, 1000GH, $1.95 per GH
SP10: $2620, 1400GH, $1.87 Per GH

Lower w/GH also increases the lifespan of the product.

Both Bitmain and Spondoolies have good products with competitive prices. Lifespan on either one will be much longer than they will be profitable.
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
Send me if you have a valid one S2 coupon code.
Nick on bitmaintech.com is Duk
Thanx

Bitmaintech no longer offer new coupons.

Actually, I recall that they said more coupons would be issued.
legendary
Looking for some advice.

Firstly I'm in Canada. I'm looking to order an S2. Now, should I order from 112 or bitmain?
Can anyone advise? I'm thinking about lead time, possible shipping damages, warranty issues/return shipping, customs declarations.

If anyone has some input, I'd love to hear it. Also, if anyone has an S2 coupon, my ID at Bitmain is: bit_NINj4 (thanks xoun!)

I haven't ordered from 112, but I have ordered 5 S2s from Bitmain.  Haven't had single issue, but I have had to call UPS and give them the authority to clear the shipments for me.  The customs charges were ~$140 for the first two, and ~$220 for the second two.  I won't know about the fifth until next week.

What was the shipment time like?

3 Calendar days between UPS' receipt from Bitmain to acceptance by myself.  Every unit I have ordered has been shipped within 36 hours of payment unless Bitmain has indicated a delay in shipping prior to purchasing.
Looking for some advice.

I haven't ordered from 112, but I have ordered 5 S2s from Bitmain.  Haven't had single issue, but I have had to call UPS and give them the authority to clear the shipments for me.  The customs charges were ~$140 for the first two, and ~$220 for the second two.  I won't know about the fifth until next week.

What was the shipment time like?
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
Looking for some advice.

legendary
Looking for some advice.

Looking for some advice.

Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but my S2 doesn't seem to like the cold. My pool hashrate seems to drop when the boards are mostly below 500 and when I close the door to the room and let them heat up a little, the hashrate increases.

This seems to be opposite to the S1's which seem to run better in the cold than the hot, which probably has to do with the underclocking of the S2.

It sounds crazy, but I'm happy to give it a try.  All my blade save one run between 40-48 degrees.  I'll (gently) crank down the A/C in the room and see what happens!
And here's something even crazier... when mining on Eligius, I seem to notice my pool hashrate drops if I don't open the Eligius stats page in a browser somewhere on my network. It's almost always just under 1TH in the morning and once I've turned on my pc and open the browser and refresh every 10-15 mins, the hashrate slowly increases, same with the S1... but maybe I'm just watching too closely  Huh
Activity: 569

When people say that the rig is pulling 1050 they mean using their watt-o-meter, all the slightly lower efficiency means is that it pulls a few Watts more from the wall.

1050 watts at the wall in the case of the PSU on the S2 would mean its probably providing 916W to the miner (87.3% efficient) in fact in order to provide 1000W to the miner it would be pulling 1154W from the wall  Shocked

My kill-a-watt reports just on ~ 9 amps on a US 120v circuit for the S2, when cranking ….

9A @ 120V = 1080W
9A @ 110V = 990W

I thought the US was on 110v?

He said his circuit was at 120v drawing 9amp, so you cant then say the circuit is at 110v and multiply it by the amps. if it were at 110v it most likely would be at a higher amp to match the 1080w.

volts at the wall varies 110-120. it is best to use 115v when building out circuits.
The 110-120 is 1 phase off a 220-240 circuit. All houses in the US are fed 220-240 from the pole to power ovens, large ac units, dryers etc and then the legs are split off 110-120 for outlets/lights etc in the house.
Activity: 78
I have S2 coupons left! Let me know if you are interested! Any tip would be appreciated!   Cheesy
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but my S2 doesn't seem to like the cold. My pool hashrate seems to drop when the boards are mostly below 500 and when I close the door to the room and let them heat up a little, the hashrate increases.

This seems to be opposite to the S1's which seem to run better in the cold than the hot, which probably has to do with the underclocking of the S2.

It sounds crazy, but I'm happy to give it a try.  All my blade save one run between 40-48 degrees.  I'll (gently) crank down the A/C in the room and see what happens!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I have some S2 coupons left! Let me know if someone need them. Any tip would be appreciated Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: