Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 66. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
S2 kit will follow the market supply and demand.  If noone is buying it, then the price will come down.  So if you don't like it, then don't buy it. Wait until the price is reasonable then execute. 
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Last S2 coupon for sale 0.1 BTC - expires Monday 2014-06-02 21:47:00

pm if you want it
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Agreed DIY Kits are more for the RMA shipping problems because of the s2 design/architecture of unit.   Not necessarily for increased sales.

They are between the road of clearing out farms of s1 and reorganizing the chips on new boards.

s2 was an experiment in increased power efficiency with wattage, BUT needed more chips.

s3 should be new and better chip design.

I agree they probably have the new chips going into there S2's in the farm so there selling the guts of them to the community then once they use them all at the new 2TH speed for a while they will open up a board upgrade sale to the community for us to do a self upgrade of our units with a new board and or Power Supply as Bitmain had suggested in the next month or 2 but my gut tells me he has them now and is using them all in his farm

Try using sentences.
Activity: 395
Merit: 250
Oh the FUD in this thread is so cringe. If the price is too high, don't buy it! That's it, end of story - it doesn't require repeating 30x.

You don't think it's too high ?
FUD helps discourage others not to buy...
and it's not FUD...I think it's FACT that a 2309 minus enermax 1000 psu should at least be reduced 100-200$ in price..
Activity: 462
Lux e tenebris
Activity: 314

I agree they probably have the new chips going into there S2's in the farm so there selling the guts of them to the community then once they use them all at the new 2TH speed for a while they will open up a board upgrade sale to the community for us to do a self upgrade of our units with a new board and or Power Supply as Bitmain had suggested in the next month or 2 but my gut tells me he has them now and is using them all in his farm

This is reality for most companies like it or not. It doesn't make financial sense to do otherwise.
Activity: 298
Merit: 149
I have two free coupons expiring in less than a week.
Pm me please if you would like one of  them.

so I will give two away

I have to wait another three weeks before I buy more, so they will expire for me.

1 free  coupons expire
14-06-06 16:58:00
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
Oh the FUD in this thread is so cringe. If the price is too high, don't buy it! That's it, end of story - it doesn't require repeating 30x.

The point for me is not that the price is too high, it just appeared to go down, when for example in my case, it went up about 0.7 of a BTC due to the crazy cost of PSUs in this country. Obviously their intention is to sell the part of the S2 that works well, save having to deal with broken displays and PSUs that only last a week or so. But a PSU of the same spec as they recommend costs about $350 to $450 where I am from ( Aotearoa NZ ), add a case and other bits on to it that they listed and this change from a fully packaged miner to a kitset, works out to be an increase in cost by not a small amount, but quite a bit. So if u are someone that is collecting up BTC to buy one of these, by them going to a kitset in the way they have done, that for me means another 2 - 3 weeks of mining that I hadn't planned for. Does that make sense?
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
As i see it current products are priced for people who really want to buy hardware when its not wort to produce them in volumes anymore. Bitmain needs thousands of cases for S3 awesomeness launch.
Time to hodl.

This seems like a very reasonable observation and makes sense strategically.

The fear, however, is that Bitmain might become someone like Megabigpower or KNC that doesn't need it's customers any more.

Love Bitmain's products, want to buy more, but can't rationalize an S2 kit purchase right now. Cry Certainly looking forward to their 28nm product, and hope it is reasonably priced.

Hodl it is, for the time being.

Ding ding ding! You sir most likely have the correct answer.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
As i see it current products are priced for people who really want to buy hardware when its not wort to produce them in volumes anymore. Bitmain needs thousands of cases for S3 awesomeness launch.
Time to hodl.

This seems like a very reasonable observation and makes sense strategically.

The fear, however, is that Bitmain might become someone like Megabigpower or KNC that doesn't need it's customers any more.

Love Bitmain's products, want to buy more, but can't rationalize an S2 kit purchase right now. Cry Certainly looking forward to their 28nm product, and hope it is reasonably priced.

Hodl it is, for the time being.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Activity: 138
Parts NOT Included
1.      PSU:  you shall prepare your own PSU, which is able to deliver at least 1000W at 12V, recommend 80PLUS GOLD. One Power Board includes 6 PCI-e input interfaces, which need to be connected to PSU if you'd like to assemble full 10 hash boards;
2.      Case and Hash Board Holder;
3.      Ethernet cable;
4.      Brace to hold the fans;

I assume you would also need a fan or two to go with that too?

If I were to buy one of these, it would now cost me a lot more than the assembled unit.

Fan's are included. Still this is a bad price.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Agreed DIY Kits are more for the RMA shipping problems because of the s2 design/architecture of unit.   Not necessarily for increased sales.

They are between the road of clearing out farms of s1 and reorganizing the chips on new boards.

s2 was an experiment in increased power efficiency with wattage, BUT needed more chips.

So far they have been pretty straightforward with everything. After i told them about my power board they sent me a new one in 24hr. Compare this with constant bs people are getting from other manufacturers…you know who they are.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

Activity: 238
Kia ora!
Parts NOT Included
1.      PSU:  you shall prepare your own PSU, which is able to deliver at least 1000W at 12V, recommend 80PLUS GOLD. One Power Board includes 6 PCI-e input interfaces, which need to be connected to PSU if you'd like to assemble full 10 hash boards;
2.      Case and Hash Board Holder;
3.      Ethernet cable;
4.      Brace to hold the fans;

I assume you would also need a fan or two to go with that too?

If I were to buy one of these, it would now cost me a lot more than the assembled unit.
Activity: 504
S2 is 640x 55nm chips so they need 64000 chips to make another 100 miner Group buy batch. I doubt they will order more chips from foundry, current stock is what they got. Maybe DIY miners are sold from factory mining operation.

I dont know what 64k chips cost from foundry but they can get 120k$ max from 100 miners. ex works
Not worth it.

S2 design is great but needs new chip.

Old old chips sale thread.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmains-bm1380-chip-is-open-for-ordering-10000-chips-for-999btc-36btcth-364236
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures

c) where is the elephant in the room ?

KNC
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
resell price for DIY s2 kit is horrible.  You can not sell it to anyone else.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
Im just going through this thread and bitmain seems drop interest in customer relation dept.
Shitty s2 product, miners which are no worth more than case and few cables, now kits to save on issues with RMA.
Let's face it, people are responsible for this mess. Just imagine if no one would buy shitty s2 and would whistle and booo them as hell for prices they trying to push between us.

I had past with S1 and will stick to it. No matter what, S2 is not worth any BTC at this stage. I will not buy DIY kit for the silly amount they offer.
I will not make 1000 sd card with new image to start miner and maybe mine a bit of BTC.

People, wake up. Stop buying overpriced gear. Once they will see it's not going their way they planned they will drop the price or push new reliable gear like S1 was or they will go banrupt which i assume they will not go as this is heaven for them. especially now when BTC start hiking again.

I'm not  booing bitmain, but seriously to treat people like they doing at this moment you need to have balls. Look at BFL-how long they was spitting on people before people showed them finger?

Ok, bitmain delivers on time. I really like this idea as preorders was total scam. But 1st batch of S2 was preorder and was total joke. Just check begining of this thread.
Pages:
Jump to: