Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 64. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Any guesses on what the value of the next coupons will be?
$0.00

BitMain is unhappy about customers selling coupons. So it's no longer being done.
xstr8guy, how do you know this or is your comment purely speculation?
There was a comment from BitMain recently in this thread or the S1 thread about (paraphrased) "unhappy that the coupons were being used in the spirit of which they didn't intend". Which I assume means that they didn't like people reselling coupons.
Don't be fooled, that comment was not from BITMAIN, it was from BITMA1N... it was part of a scam email. I don't think Bitmain would add the donate feature if they didn't want them passed around.

For real?! Now I'll have to go look for that post, if it wasn't deleted.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
$0.00

BitMain is unhappy about customers selling coupons. So it's no longer being done.
There was a comment from BitMain recently in this thread or the S1 thread about (paraphrased) "unhappy that the coupons were being used in the spirit of which they didn't intend". Which I assume means that they didn't like people reselling coupons.
Don't be fooled, that comment was not from BITMAIN, it was from BITMA1N... it was part of a scam email. I don't think Bitmain would add the donate feature if they didn't want them passed around.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I think they offer this kit only for the buyer that is in rush to purchase.After their holidays something else
will be announced just like the S1 that went out of stock and later on after 10 days if am not mistaken
on sale again....
In companies like bitmain the income clock must turn fast as a fan not its only like a clock and this is not
good as its increasing the temperature....

is this a riddle?
Activity: 231
Merit: 100

$0.00

I will give you that.  Since we are speculating, my guess is that there was not much of a profit margin on the $1650 Group Buy.  With that, you can't fault a legitimate company for asking for a decent profit margin while still undercutting the price of ANY competitors.  I will reserve judgement until we see what the upgrade plan looks like.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
So if they were making profit for 1650 and also the Groupbuy  guy then they have not only 200 margin but maybe 3-4 times this
remember its china they produce them not Luxemburg.
Glow Stick Dance!

$0.00

Activity: 231

$0.00

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

$0.00

How about next time don't give us so freaking many....I had over 70 S2 coupons and had never bought a single one. Plus, why allow donating if not wanting them to be used?
Glow Stick Dance!

$0.00

Activity: 95
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Solid advice.  Will be shaving my head tonight.

Done!! Instant hash rate increase!! Also it seems to reduce rejected shares if you sing a lullaby to the asic.
Guess it just needs to feel the love...
Activity: 574
Just got my new S2 in today and it works great! What a major bummer they decided to just go with the kit. This thing is really a great design, I must have been one of the last to order one.

Can't wait to see the S3!

Now I'm ready to see the price of BTC go higher. LOL

Rob Cool

Nice Smiley
Activity: 138
Just got my new S2 in today and it works great! What a major bummer they decided to just go with the kit. This thing is really a great design, I must have been one of the last to order one.

Can't wait to see the S3!

Now I'm ready to see the price of BTC go higher. LOL

Rob Cool
Activity: 574
Last chance for a $400 S2 kit coupon expiring 2014-06-02 21:47:00 (china GMT +8)

pm me if you want it
Activity: 238
Kia ora!
Its going around this forum. Others have been hit with the similar scam. BITMAIN orders should all go through their website and via Bitpay.

Guys please be careful !! I asked about availability of AntMiner S2 and got pw by user called "BITMAIN..", the same nick as nick of our company but with dots at the end !! That's the message I've received:

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our mining products -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.3260

We have limited availablity of S2 miners due to an order cancellation.

Currently we have 12 Antminer S2 units available for immediate despatch.

Current price is - 3.326 BTC including free express shipping.

Should you wish to place an order the payment address is -

18CdJTeG6aBo2a3ZZpJKutKCxNZaJsDeCt

After payment please pm me the transaction I.D and your shipping address.

Kind Regards,

BITMAIN."

That's a fake !! He is trying to rob Us !! So be careful if You will receive any pw from this user.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

swimmers do it, why not?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Activity: 14
I am bald I picked up my S2's Before 1.) They sold out 2.) Eliminated the $400 off coupon 3.) this over priced do it yourself kit is the only option  Huh

"I am bald" is the only thing I understood here...

Sometimes when I am reading BCT I feel like I am talking to the Pikeys in SNATCH...lol

Is you bald too?

Yup, i am bald. i have found it to be an advantage in BTC mining. Being bald is better for your hash rate. Hair and the static it generates is a destructive element to all asics, and simply must go! ...... this should a new 'thread' altogether... get it?
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Guys please be careful !! I asked about availability of AntMiner S2 and got pw by user called "BITMAIN..", the same nick as nick of our company but with dots at the end !! That's the message I've received:

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our mining products -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515448.3260

We have limited availablity of S2 miners due to an order cancellation.

Currently we have 12 Antminer S2 units available for immediate despatch.

Current price is - 3.326 BTC including free express shipping.

Should you wish to place an order the payment address is -

18CdJTeG6aBo2a3ZZpJKutKCxNZaJsDeCt

After payment please pm me the transaction I.D and your shipping address.

Kind Regards,

BITMAIN."

That's a fake !! He is trying to rob Us !! So be careful if You will receive any pw from this user.
legendary
Activity: 2408
I have some coupons for sell
Pages:
Jump to: