Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 62. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Ok, Micro Center did not have a 15A cable, only 10A cables.  So I am out of places to go today.  If I were to take out a hashboard or two, will it run on a 10A cable just fine?  Or would you guys recommend not doing that?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi guys,

If anyone has an S1 or S2 coupon my username is stevehoppy on the bitmain website.

Might make them the same price as for you Amricans then (Damn impost Duty & VAT!).

Tipping to the generous amongst you obviously lol.

Thanks,
Stephen
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
To Micro Center! (love that place)  It says 240V on it, so I assume its a foreign plug. Thanks for those who helped.
Better check the PSU for a 110/240 switch on it. Make sure its set correctly before plugging it in.

There's no switch.
And this cable does not fit in England and other  EU countries.

Didn't we decide it was Aussie as some point?  Either way, a heavy gauge replacement that fits your outlet will pop in and you'll be on your way.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
To Micro Center! (love that place)  It says 240V on it, so I assume its a foreign plug. Thanks for those who helped.
Better check the PSU for a 110/240 switch on it. Make sure its set correctly before plugging it in.

There's no switch.
And this cable does not fit in England and other  EU countries.

legendary
Activity: 966
Activity: 95
Perhaps someone can help.  I ordered a S2 and it just arrived today, I am in the U.S., but the power plug that came with the unit seems to be different than a standard U.S. plug.  It has 3 prongs, but they are all flat, has anyone else encountered this and can I just go and buy a proper cord from a store to replace it?

I want to answer this question but I just can't.

Why not?  I am being serious, its been a long day and I would really just like to plug the dang thing in, but the plug does not fit my outlet.

I recommend a heavy-duty power cord.  The thinner ones will get very hot and can cause the power supply to turn off unexpectedly.
legendary
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Ne1 willing to pass along 2x S2 and 1x S1 coupons? Will tip!! - Bitmain website name NorTiaN

Thnks all.
Activity: 882
Perhaps someone can help.  I ordered a S2 and it just arrived today, I am in the U.S., but the power plug that came with the unit seems to be different than a standard U.S. plug.  It has 3 prongs, but they are all flat, has anyone else encountered this and can I just go and buy a proper cord from a store to replace it?

Could be a 240 plug. I'm sure you can disconnect from psu and use a regular 115 plug cable.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Perhaps someone can help.  I ordered a S2 and it just arrived today, I am in the U.S., but the power plug that came with the unit seems to be different than a standard U.S. plug.  It has 3 prongs, but they are all flat, has anyone else encountered this and can I just go and buy a proper cord from a store to replace it?

I want to answer this question but I just can't. Roll Eyes

sure, grab one at a Microcenter store if you have one around-it's in the build your own PC dept. You have to make sure that the other side is C13 "female" plug.
I also got that HK cord, LOL
legendary

I want to answer this question but I just can't.

Why not?  I am being serious, its been a long day and I would really just like to plug the dang thing in, but the plug does not fit my outlet.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Perhaps someone can help.  I ordered a S2 and it just arrived today, I am in the U.S., but the power plug that came with the unit seems to be different than a standard U.S. plug.  It has 3 prongs, but they are all flat, has anyone else encountered this and can I just go and buy a proper cord from a store to replace it?

I want to answer this question but I just can't. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Let me know if someone need a coupon. A small tip would be appreciated Smiley

I could use a coupon .
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Hey bitmain,

I ordered 2 x S2 with order number 001201406031650075748p2UGjMV0677

My order is showing UNPAID, EXPIRED

Made the payment to 1AcxD2QkJ8p57PQ4a4Ds2bGsS4yB2QXGb9

Tx: b4be6563d277c4fd058f53c7dbbaf3a12e7cdad09190e60369baaa384306bdce-000

Please check this for me.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I just bought one of S2
Price with coupon 2.92BTC

interesting...right now buying or "holding" btc seems to be the best tactic. Plugging today's price into a calculator gives breakeven in december with a lot of work and care and "only" 14.4% average difficulty rise per cycle. Buying was best at the group buy price. selling miner will be best at around the next BTC peak (could be July). Buying now and enduring ASIC miner 30PH/mo deployment for 3 mo plus KnC unleashing another 10-20 PH-a tough call. We could be back to the 20% difficulty rise each cycle for a couple of months at least, maybe even 3 months.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Let me know if someone need a coupon. A small tip would be appreciated Smiley

I could use few.

How many coupons would you need?
What is your username?

2 would be perfect, username is Midyatspor

Sent Smiley

Any tip is welcome: 1MvpZsajeL6f3qmTdtKahDSFsrJWYYGkCi

thank you and tip was sent.
Activity: 23