Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 120. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
I'm starting to think these miners should have been what the C1's were.

They run with that open-built extremely loud full speed fan and still are over 50C.

Even the SP20's at Fan speed 50 are more quiet than these things.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
My new batch 5 S5 is 'new' (definitely NOT used) and so far everything works-'knocks on wood'.
it looks about 2-3db less loud at ~71-73dB at one feet (in comparison with ear busting batch 1), but maybe this is more wishful thinking than anything else.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
New miner seems to be DOA. I tried reboot and it does not hash. Nothing. Any ideas? I thought maybe a bad network cable but nope. Replaced and still nothing BITMAIN help me please.

https://i.imgur.com/biA7EB8.jpg

I dunno how I fixed it but I fixed it. I powered everything down and reset the router and then all of my rigs came back hashing. Gremlins I guess.
legendary
New miner seems to be DOA. I tried reboot and it does not hash. Nothing. Any ideas? I thought maybe a bad network cable but nope. Replaced and still nothing BITMAIN help me please.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Of the 6 I just ordered one is running noticeably hotter than the rest.  I think I know what I'm doing next weekend.

Temperature difference between the 2 hashing PCB was reported to the engineers and it was reviewed.  So far, it is not the hardware caused issues, but rather where and how the miners are being deployed and managed per the engineers.

The temperature sensors are also rather crude, and on a large scale there will be plenty of 'miscalibrated' ones. I'd be more suspicious of the sensor reading incorrectly than one board running significantly hotter.

Bitmain wisely chose the LM75a to provide temps to the I2C bus.  It's sort of the industry standard, not 'crude' at all:

"The LM75A is an industry-standard digital temperature sensor with an integrated sigma-delta analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and I2C interface. The LM75A provides 9-bit digital temperature readings with an accuracy of ±2°C.

Performance-wise, we should see miners within a few degrees of each other, the 10C variance is extreme.  Same air source, same fan, etc.  

http://www.ti.com/diagrams/custom_diagram_4_LM75A.gif

Dogie is an idiot and speaks outside of his (alleged) education.  Please just ignore him.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Of the 6 I just ordered one is running noticeably hotter than the rest.  I think I know what I'm doing next weekend.

Temperature difference between the 2 hashing PCB was reported to the engineers and it was reviewed.  So far, it is not the hardware caused issues, but rather where and how the miners are being deployed and managed per the engineers.

The temperature sensors are also rather crude, and on a large scale there will be plenty of 'miscalibrated' ones. I'd be more suspicious of the sensor reading incorrectly than one board running significantly hotter.

Bitmain wisely chose the LM75a to provide temps to the I2C bus.  It's sort of the industry standard, not 'crude' at all:

"The LM75A is an industry-standard digital temperature sensor with an integrated sigma-delta analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and I2C interface. The LM75A provides 9-bit digital temperature readings with an accuracy of ±2°C.

Performance-wise, we should see miners within a few degrees of each other, the 10C variance is extreme.  Same air source, same fan, etc. 

http://www.ti.com/diagrams/custom_diagram_4_LM75A.gif
legendary
How many watts needed for overclocked S5? About 750?

I use a DELL 750 W Server grade PSU and it works fine at 400 Frequency. Also have an 850 Corsair Gold ATX and it does too - of course.

See user Sidehack on here for good deals on the Dells.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May the source be with you.
800w = 1.4th/s ,  psu voltage raised to 12.7v, psu is dps-2000bb
Sem
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Agree that 240v is the way to go, up to 3% higher efficiency and allows use of server-grade power supplies that even have a Titanium 94% level on certain ones.  Wow !  Most ATX units have from 100-240 universal input too.  Don't use a common 'surge-protected' outlet strip for 240v though, lots of spark fun ! 
Activity: 224
How many AMP breaker do I need to power 3 S5s running on one pair of outlets? 2 in 1 and 1 in the other. 2 are running on 15 AMP breaker right now but third coming today.

I am running at Freq 400 right now but will be dialing back to default because it is starting to get warmer here.

I have a 3 X 15 AMP breaker powering a baseboard heater in my garage and can bypass that for rigs if need be.

120 Volts here.

I have three on a 20 amps breaker at home.

Good to know. Thanks.

I wouldn't go any higher then three Per 110/120 20 amp i had a friend run two 110/120 20 amps just for mining. right now one has two and the other one has one . and you can Polly push it to 4 but then it might become unsafe .

I just had my electrician here. Damn he was aware of bitcoins and the dude was about 65. He is putting in another 20 AMP circuit in tomorrow so I will be able to have up to 5 and be safe. After that I will move to a small warehouse if I want to keep ramping up. I have nothing else to spend disposable income on so it may as well be rigs! Smiley

If you want to run 5 of them, have him put in a 20amp 240v circuit, most homes have 240v service, its just broken out to 120v because we americans are stupid.

Then buy an IBM 2880W PSU(around 60 bucks used), a j4bberwock breakout board(around 70 bucks) and you can power all 5 of them from that single PSU.  You'll get a lot more efficiency out of your mining farm.
legendary
How many AMP breaker do I need to power 3 S5s running on one pair of outlets? 2 in 1 and 1 in the other. 2 are running on 15 AMP breaker right now but third coming today.

I am running at Freq 400 right now but will be dialing back to default because it is starting to get warmer here.

I have a 3 X 15 AMP breaker powering a baseboard heater in my garage and can bypass that for rigs if need be.

120 Volts here.

Good to know. Thanks.

I wouldn't go any higher then three Per 110/120 20 amp i had a friend run two 110/120 20 amps just for mining. right now one has two and the other one has one . and you can Polly push it to 4 but then it might become unsafe .

I just had my electrician here. Damn he was aware of bitcoins and the dude was about 65. He is putting in another 20 AMP circuit in tomorrow so I will be able to have up to 5 and be safe. After that I will move to a small warehouse if I want to keep ramping up. I have nothing else to spend disposable income on so it may as well be rigs! Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

120 Volts here.

Good to know. Thanks.

legendary

120 Volts here.

Good to know. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners

120 Volts here.

legendary

120 Volts here.

not sure exactly what you are asking. A 15A circuit at 120V and 80% load is about 1500W. an S5 overclocked slightly will draw 650-700W at the outlet. That means you're limited to 2 S5 units per 15A circuit and will have 200-300W of safe overhead for plugging in other devices.

Often multiple outlets are on the same circuit, so if you plug unit#3 into another outlet on the same circuit, it will probably trip the breaker.

Thanks that is the info that I needed. I have an electrician coming to hook up a heat pump so I will get him to set me up for the third rig.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

120 Volts here.

not sure exactly what you are asking. A 15A circuit at 120V and 80% load is about 1500W. an S5 overclocked slightly will draw 650-700W at the outlet. That means you're limited to 2 S5 units per 15A circuit and will have 200-300W of safe overhead for plugging in other devices.

Often multiple outlets are on the same circuit, so if you plug unit#3 into another outlet on the same circuit, it will probably trip the breaker.
legendary

120 Volts here.

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Revision does not necessary means the previous version was defective but our process is usually improving or changing the components due to the availability of components.  (Bitmain production process goes though a massive manufacturing that requires massive number of components and the little guys on the PCB may have to be changed to a similar spec items time to time based on whats available in the market.)

Can someone tell me the difference between the multiple revision boards? Usually if there are several revisions of the same  thing indicates there could of been a problem with the old revision and was fixed. Just curious minds want to know.

Activity: 126
and try completly poweroff (remove power cable from wall) for 30 sek
mine did the same had like 100gh/s and almost all xses. After powering off and on everything is ok.
Jump to: