Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 121. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Try another pool also GHASH, Slush, Kano.is or similar...
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hey, I have just received my S5, powered it up (both hashing boards has a red LED light). But its only doing around 600GH/s. Any ideas why?

https://i.imgur.com/D7PJCrM.gif

Also getting a lot of these messages in cgminer:

[2015-03-31 11:46:01] BTM 0: invalid nonce - HW error
 [2015-03-31 11:46:01] BTM0: No matching work - HW error

Could it be power problems on one of the boards?

EDIT: Think I found the problem, its one of my PSUs.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
I was trying to log into my Bitmain account on my mobile devices (Both IPhone and my Android phone) and I get to the passport login page which I have auto filled but nothing happens when I try to click on the blue Login button?? any ideas.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
The miner is new & unused, performs exactly as described and it shipped days before the promised shipping date.

Thank you BITMAIN!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Can someone tell me the difference between the multiple revision boards? Usually if there are several revisions of the same  thing indicates there could of been a problem with the old revision and was fixed. Just curious minds want to know.
legendary
Personal text my ass....

Looks like old firmware

What is the last firmware ?? Does it help on perf??
Yes, reduced cpu load to 20%, fresh cgminer 4.9.0 and nice  graphs  Cheesy

Where did you get it? How does one install it? No idea how to update firmware. also, is it third party? Last thing I want to do is brick it.

If you need help, just PM me and I'll walk you through it if you want.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Of the 6 I just ordered one is running noticeably hotter than the rest.  I think I know what I'm doing next weekend.

Temperature difference between the 2 hashing PCB was reported to the engineers and it was reviewed.  So far, it is not the hardware caused issues, but rather where and how the miners are being deployed and managed per the engineers.

The temperature sensors are also rather crude, and on a large scale there will be plenty of 'miscalibrated' ones. I'd be more suspicious of the sensor reading incorrectly than one board running significantly hotter.

It'll be interesting to see what the temps are after I redo the thermal paste this weekend.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Thinking of two S5, outside of footprint, is there a real compatibility advantage to buying one EVGA Supernova 1300 Gold Vs two Corsair CX750M Bronze?  I understand the CX750M measures as an 825W supply (per Dogie), so it seems to me the reason to choose the 1300 is less space and fewer power cords.  Right or wrong?

[For reference, almost all of the Corsair PSUs have an additional 10% 'peak' rating and so have additional capacity.]
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Of the 6 I just ordered one is running noticeably hotter than the rest.  I think I know what I'm doing next weekend.

Temperature difference between the 2 hashing PCB was reported to the engineers and it was reviewed.  So far, it is not the hardware caused issues, but rather where and how the miners are being deployed and managed per the engineers.

The temperature sensors are also rather crude, and on a large scale there will be plenty of 'miscalibrated' ones. I'd be more suspicious of the sensor reading incorrectly than one board running significantly hotter.
Activity: 830
Wrote in support of an angry e-mail. We'll wait for that answer.
On my question - why i recieved secondhand shit different revisions? Bitmain answer - miner work well? If yes - go to ass hole!

if you were rude to them why would they be nice to you??

also, does it work?? even if it had some dust on it, doesnt mean it was sold to someone and returned.. it could have been sitting around the warehouse or one of their control test models. (which would probably still qualify as new if it passed their tests)
I'm not rude! I asked a normal question. In response, I hear - rejoice that works. I know how to distinguish brand new from used. I am more than 20 years doing repairs at the component level microelectronics.
I have always been loyal to bitmain. Even the theme started with the history and support on our forum. But after such a deception, their reputation will suffer. I promise!
legendary

also, does it work?? even if it had some dust on it, doesnt mean it was sold to someone and returned.. it could have been sitting around the warehouse or one of their control test models. (which would probably still qualify as new if it passed their tests)

Business have to be nice to customers, that's how it works if they want more customers.

Electronics do not get dusty internals from sitting around a warehouse, and no test procedure should run long enough to get the device dusty.  A dusty device = a used device, plain and simple.
legendary
Anyone willing to sell its C1?
I can pay around 100$ for it (without hoping to roi neverthless).

Best regards,
ilpirata79

This is a thread for the S5, not C1, but regardless C1s resell for like $500, I don't think you'll find one for $100.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
On my question - why i recieved secondhand shit different revisions? Bitmain answer - miner work well? If yes - go to ass hole!

new dust
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May the source be with you.
 Why ibm does not sell servers covered in dust? Servers need qc too. So ibm can't and bitmain can? This is not right i think Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Activity: 830
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Is it possible to power up and use one of the two hashing boards on the S5? I currently only have 2 PCI-e connectors on my PSU and wonder if I can use my s5 on "half rate" while I wait for my DPS-8000GB adapter boards to arrive.

yes possible. just remove the data cable from the board that you do not want to use.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Is it possible to power up and use one of the two hashing boards on the S5? I currently only have 2 PCI-e connectors on my PSU and wonder if I can use my s5 on "half rate" while I wait for my DPS-8000GB adapter boards to arrive.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
so far all my S5 run about the same as this one so im very happy with all mine .

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 350783.0 (eta 5.3 days): 50426253807.9 / +7.9% [est.] that still not to bad id be worried it went to 56 or higher .

Activity: 353
Merit: 253
Anyone willing to sell its C1?
I can pay around 100$ for it (without hoping to roi neverthless).

Best regards,
ilpirata79
Jump to: