Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 162. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I wouldn't necessarily say this is about AM. It could be, but there's another large entity out there that just recently showed an awesome new chip that could have driven a large hashrate increase.
I get that, but even then, Bitfury products aren't aimed at home miners any more, and they aren't imminently deploying massive hash-rate.

Again, would expect June/July for BF deployment.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
What a shit-show. I understand wanting to protect your margins, but this almost couldn't have been handled worse. Three month preorders for batch 6, then raising the price twice in the span of a couple hours in the face of the pent up demand is a surefire way to piss people off.

I wouldn't necessarily say this is about AM. It could be, but there's another large entity out there that just recently showed an awesome new chip that could have driven a large hashrate increase.

Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I have no one and nothing to blame for being caught out by the (double) price increase! I saw the listing early enough and was very pleased at the price .... thought I'd wait for the US to wake and read some opinions before going ahead with completing my purchase. In the interim, the price has .... (well thats old hat now).

Anyway, I figured, after the initial increase, that bitmain were factoring in their usual voucher gimmick in the initial rise, but alas, no voucher(s) have appeared in my account in the intervening period, so I suppose I'll have to fold my tail and hope for an un-holy BTC spike given bitmain's reasoning, that should push the BTC listed price lowrer and enable me to complete my purchase. (wishful thinking I know ....)
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
What a shit-show. I understand wanting to protect your margins, but this almost couldn't have been handled worse. Three month preorders for batch 6, then raising the price twice in the span of a couple hours in the face of the pent up demand is a surefire way to piss people off.

if bitfury is smart they only need swap out their older gear and slowly increase hashpower.  the gain by swapping the gear is huge power wise.
@ Bitmain:

Are these brand new & unused - or are they from your mining farm?

Ta.

Hi cathoderay,
Brand New.
legendary
Yeah but on the positive side I believe this action helps lift btc price.

Unknowable. Speculation.

So If I stay at 10th hash total and price goes to 320 or 330 usd by their actions that works.

So using this logic, it's best for me to stay at 10TH and not buy anything right now ?

It's the principle. Raising the price three times in a few short hours is gouging. Plain and simple.

Not cool.

The ASICMiner BE300 snafu has been known since before they set pricing this morning originally at $320, and I don't buy that excuse for raising the price so quickly. BE300's were to ship in the June/July timeframe anyway.

yeah I wished they had done nothing for a week.  I was selling off  some parts and wanted to get 1 or 2 more from lee in china.  now lee has suspended his 340 sales to be hosted in china.

I am a bit longer on cash and coins but shorter on gear then I want to be.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

legendary
Christian Antkow
You guys lost my sale. Now at $411. The way that you have gone about raising prices today is just bad business. At the current price you should be including a PSU. Sorry, but I am out.
I agree. This more than just bad business. Bitmain is continuing to playing with us...

FTFY Sad
Activity: 426
Merit: 250
$411?!  Almost 30% increase in last few hours. Taken it from reasonable purchase to not even close.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
You guys lost my sale. Now at $411. The way that you have gone about raising prices today is just bad business. At the current price you should be including a PSU. Sorry, but I am out.
I agree. This more than just bad business. Bitmain is playing with us...
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Activity: 379
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
@ Bitmain:

Are these brand new & unused - or are they from your mining farm?

Ta.
legendary
Christian Antkow

Unknowable. Speculation.

So If I stay at 10th hash total and price goes to 320 or 330 usd by their actions that works.

So using this logic, it's best for me to stay at 10TH and not buy anything right now ?

It's the principle. Raising the price three times in a few short hours is gouging. Plain and simple.

Not cool.

The ASICMiner BE300 snafu has been known since before they set pricing this morning originally at $320, and I don't buy that excuse for raising the price so quickly. BE300's were to ship in the June/July timeframe anyway.
legendary
Xian01, we have our reason to do this. A very important diff driver will not be able to do anything to diminish your mining output.  Wait for our short explanation about it.

If it's about ASICMiner not shipping BE300's, I understand, but this makes it look like you're price gouging, again, which is the source of the frustration.

Of course if price crashes that sucks bt even that has a silver  lining to the cloud. the  high price prevents me from buying more gear so the crash hurts less.

The downside is if you  have almost no gear  and a pocket of cash to buy gear.  You are being pushed into buy some coins.
legendary
Christian Antkow
Xian01, we have our reason to do this. A very important diff driver will not be able to do anything to diminish your mining output.  Wait for our short explanation about it.

If it's about ASICMiner not shipping BE300's, I understand, but this makes it look like you're price gouging, again, which is the source of the frustration.
A $64 jump is huge - 20% increase.

I agree

I wanted to pay by credit card and the link was screwed up. Went to batch 4 which was sold out. I was willing to buy some at $320 and then a $64 jump. That also increases the customs (duty) tax.

Hi,

we have submitted the sales page of Antminer S5 on DHgate, wait for the check of DHgate's management, will be online tomorrow.
Did the prices just rise? A few hours ago S5 Batch 5 cost 320USD, now it is 384USD?!?

OMG you're right. My shopping cart has been updated Sad

Here we go again...

Bitmain. Why do you hurt us so ? Making it awfully hard to love you Sad

Activity: 326
From Bitmain FB:
"20 mins ago, we received a very important intelligence and we decide to increase the price of S5 by 20%. A certain competitor which we pay attention has not submit any mass production order to its wafer supplier. Only a small batch of pilot run has been submitted before the Chinese New Year. It has confirmed a long but uncertain guess that the aggressiveness get in trouble. The best time for mining bitcoin comes right now."
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
legendary
Christian Antkow
A $64 jump is huge - 20% increase.
I agree
I wanted to pay by credit card and the link was screwed up. Went to batch 4 which was sold out. I was willing to buy some at $320 and then a $64 jump. That also increases the customs (duty) tax.

Same. Originally wanted to pay with USD, it asked me to do a SWIFT transfer, decided to go back and pay with BTC, price was raised Sad

So I either complete this SWIFT purchase in 3 days to honor the $320 price, or I have to pay +20% ?

Damnit. This is very uncool of Bitmain. Again.
Jump to: