Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 159. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
did anyone buy one today?

if so did you pay with btc?

if you give me the tx id in a pm.  I am willing to trace and figure sale for the day.

I have done it on this thread  just too lazy to read back 50 pages of posts.

I am going back to my purchase of one to se if I can pick up the trail.  I purchased 1 in jan

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
[...] Look at SPT! They have abandoned the home miner ..... literally! [...]

This so much.... SPT had amazing gear, and then suddenly poof! they went
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Don't mind Bitmain. They are merely laughing all the way to the bank while they are attempting to fuck you and me over with this bullshit price-gouging.

Bitmain, when I wished you a happy and prosperous New Year in our private communications, I had no idea it would come in the form of bending us over to the tune of +25% price increases the first chance you got.

For shame, Bitmain. You've spit in the face of every small-time miner on these forums that helped your rise to prominence.

Especially after they found out a competitor will not tape out. So now they can charge whatever the fuck they want.

I get all this is business, I run a business of my own, but then to blatantly price gouge on insider knowledge and just laugh it all off.   "Grin Grin Grin"

It is just a slap in the face. So, I guess SP-Tech will be getting my BTC when the new gear starts rolling out. Oh well. Business is business.

Come off it! Honestly, as you say they can charge whatever they want, which initially was $320 and now it is $419. But that would not be the whole story. What would the majority of people mourning about the price now have said if the initial price was $411? I'd hazard a guess and say they'd still mourn, albeit a little bit less than now.

But you ignore the fact that the $320 price point was set with the assumption that a competitor was about to release a very efficient chip that would not just have redered the S5 massively in-efficient in comparison, but would have meant a spectaular rise in network difficulty making it reasonably harder / impossible for you to ROI on your investment in the S5 (so they set the price lower at $320). As it turns out (and we are to believe it from bitmain), that competition was blowing hot air and have not even been able to go to the foundry! That changes the dynamics in terms of network difficulty rise (also reflected in the filip in BTC value today) and means you can within reason ROI at the new price point according to their calculations.

I really want to err on the side of bitmain at this point as they have been on our side (home miners) and continue to be so. Look at SPT! They have abandoned the home miner ..... literally! Bitmain do not get the credit they deserve, though I have to put my hand up and say I too give them stick ...... not on this one though.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Don't mind Bitmain. They are merely laughing all the way to the bank while they are attempting to fuck you and me over with this bullshit price-gouging.

Bitmain, when I wished you a happy and prosperous New Year in our private communications, I had no idea it would come in the form of bending us over to the tune of +25% price increases the first chance you got.

For shame, Bitmain. You've spit in the face of every small-time miner on these forums that helped your rise to prominence.

Especially after they found out a competitor will not tape out. So now they can charge whatever the fuck they want.

I get all this is business, I run a business of my own, but then to blatantly price gouge on insider knowledge and just laugh it all off.   "Grin Grin Grin"

It is just a slap in the face. So, I guess SP-Tech will be getting my BTC when the new gear starts rolling out. Oh well. Business is business.
Activity: 556
They can only "gouge you" if you let them. Stop complaining and vote with your wallet. If the market votes as you do, Bitmain will respond. If the market votes the other way, deal with it. 100 more messages complaining about S5 pricing is pointless.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Once BitFury unleashes their miners with their 0.2W/GH efficiency chips, difficulty will go through the roof.
Grin Grin Grin
Whats so funny Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Hey Bitmain, here's hoping you give out some vouchers (and not just retarded, 1 month vouchers) for this 3-week pre-order i just made @ $419....
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
better off buying some coins. bitmain is completely greedy and raised their price out of nowhere causing tons of customers to get frustrated. stay away from bitmain dont buy anything from them. lets see how they like it when everyone boycotts them and doesn't buy anything and they lose money Smiley

I concur with the buying coin now argument, though the boycott is a bit over the top. If they are right, (and I am begining to believe they are!), then that'd amount to shooting oneself in the foot! For starters, these rigs were actually up for sale at $320, that's for sure! I actually posted here before they themselves annouced here!

Yup they were definitely listed at that price for a bit this morning - I was contemplating getting two to replace a couple SP20's that I have running significantly underclocked to cut down on heat/noise. The S5's, with a good replacement fan, are much quieter. I was just wondering if I could wait a few weeks (had been planning on looking for someone willing to swap or sell the SP20s and buy used S5s), and Bitmain made up by mind for me by increasing the price. Oh well.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
stay away from bitmain dont buy anything from them. lets see how they like it when everyone boycotts them and doesn't buy anything and they lose money Smiley

It won't happen until pride overcomes greed.  Coincidentally, this is scheduled for the same time pigs should also fly, hell freezes over, and the Maple Leafs win another cup.

Well the last one was a little far-fetched, let's go with make it past 2nd round playoffs.
better off buying some coins. bitmain is completely greedy and raised their price out of nowhere causing tons of customers to get frustrated. stay away from bitmain dont buy anything from them. lets see how they like it when everyone boycotts them and doesn't buy anything and they lose money Smiley

I concur with the buying coin now argument, though the boycott is a bit over the top. If they are right, (and I am begining to believe they are!), then that'd amount to shooting oneself in the foot! For starters, these rigs were actually up for sale at $320, that's for sure! I actually posted here before they themselves annouced here!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
annnnnd the price went up again haha $419 now

At $411, bitmain's logic was that BTC value should rise to $364 per coin (in order to match the original $320 price in BTC). I have to say, they have a point since BTC has been rising today, but to be proved right, BTC has to rise to that level in the next few days (even hours!). That beggars the question, is it worth buying gear now or buying coins?

At $411, bitmain's logic was that BTC value should rise to $364 per coin on the back of the competitor not taping out and therefore the factored in diff increase not materialising as predicted (in order to match the original $320 price in BTC).

I have to say, they have a point since BTC has been rising today, but to be proved right, BTC has to rise to that level in the next few days (even hours!). That beggars the question, is it worth buying gear now or buying coins?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
As long as people are buying...

In a way, the internet makes it really simple to do supply&demand gaming.  Get a sale? Up the price by N%, then every t interval, drop by M
Not saying that's what's happening, by the way - but at least it can't be explained by exchange swings Smiley

There comes a tipping point when one would just be better off buying BTC outright.
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
As long as people are buying...

In a way, the internet makes it really simple to do supply&demand gaming.  Get a sale? Up the price by N%, then every t interval, drop by M
Not saying that's what's happening, by the way - but at least it can't be explained by exchange swings Smiley
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
All I know is that BitFury is going to have 0.2W/GH miners online pretty darn soon, contradicting their statement.

Who do you think knows more about the status of those magical chips - the people who would make them or..... [with all due respect].... you?

You're making too many assumptions. We dont even know what company is being talked about, for all I know its KnC. Or AM.
We dont who was allegedly talking about the unknown company, but even if we assume its a fab (whom I highly doubt would disclose such info), we dont know if said unknown company didnt decide to fab elsewhere. And if course we dont know if bitmain isnt just exploiting the AM trainwreck by telling a vague story to jack up their prices on pretty far out preorders. Bitmain built its reputation on shipping from stock, I see thats out the window now. Might not be the only change.

Or is may be smoke and mirrors! Bitman said more info was coming. Has it yet?

If you count this as info - I'd say they are strongly implying that it is BF:

Once BitFury unleashes their miners with their 0.2W/GH efficiency chips, difficulty will go through the roof.

Grin Grin Grin

What a shit-show. I understand wanting to protect your margins, but this almost couldn't have been handled worse. Three month preorders for batch 6, then raising the price twice in the span of a couple hours in the face of the pent up demand is a surefire way to piss people off.

I wouldn't necessarily say this is about AM. It could be, but there's another large entity out there that just recently showed an awesome new chip that could have driven a large hashrate increase.

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
All I know is that BitFury is going to have 0.2W/GH miners online pretty darn soon, contradicting their statement.

Who do you think knows more about the status of those magical chips - the people who would make them or..... [with all due respect].... you?

You're making too many assumptions. We dont even know what company is being talked about, for all I know its KnC. Or AM.
We dont who was allegedly talking about the unknown company, but even if we assume its a fab (whom I highly doubt would disclose such info), we dont know if said unknown company didnt decide to fab elsewhere. And if course we dont know if bitmain isnt just exploiting the AM trainwreck by telling a vague story to jack up their prices on pretty far out preorders. Bitmain built its reputation on shipping from stock, I see thats out the window now. Might not be the only change.

Or is may be smoke and mirrors! Bitman said more info was coming. Has it yet?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Grin Grin Grin

Whats so funny Cheesy
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

Grin Grin Grin
Jump to: