Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 160. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
The 0.588J/GH spec they're quoting on that auction seems very good though, it'd be interesting to see some pictures. I'm guessing 16 chips in a chain?
Could try asking the seller.  Wouldn't hurt if they took original pictures to begin with - the ones in the listing are straight off of bitmain.cn
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Didn't we recently find out over on the AsicMiner thread that a major backer for bitmain and AM is the same person?  That would make sense then that one would know intimate details of the others production leads.  Although, no guarantees that it is AM they are talking about, pure speculation.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Very strange. Was it a test of BM1834 on the 1832 boards, or a preproduction prototype of the string design?

We have done a small batch of S3++ in the domestic market, which employee the string power design on the BM1382 chip.
( P.S. That was in a reply to you Wink )
Haha... So it was. I don't know how I missed that one.

The 0.588J/GH spec they're quoting on that auction seems very good though, it'd be interesting to see some pictures. I'm guessing 16 chips in a chain?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Very strange. Was it a test of BM1834 on the 1832 boards, or a preproduction prototype of the string design?

We have done a small batch of S3++ in the domestic market, which employee the string power design on the BM1382 chip.
( P.S. That was in a reply to you Wink )
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
All I know is that BitFury is going to have 0.2W/GH miners online pretty darn soon, contradicting their statement.

Who do you think knows more about the status of those magical chips - the people who would make them or..... [with all due respect].... you?

Well dogie, I guess you are right for that part.

I would like to point out that BitMain is offering a 2 month pre-order for products that they have shipped over 2 months ago. Not only have they marked up the price, but they have basically guaranteed a very profitable hardware liquidation for themselves. There is no doubt that in 2 months time, the AntMiner S5 will not only lose its place as one of the most efficient miners, but next generation miners will be taking their places during the summer of 2015. I recall seeing a thread in this section giving estimates for the arrival of next-gen hardware (AsicMiner, despite friedcat's dissapearance: April, SP-Tech: Summer, BitFury: Summer).

BitMain made a very vague post on FB regarding "intelligence" on their competitor's decision not to mass-produce chips. Surely any competitor would keep such information private, and not only would BitMain refrain from posting such matters because it would give away that they are "hearing-in" on insider matters. Not to mention that there are many, many competitors in this industry.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

Most people would call that "lying". Others might call it lieing, but that's because they spell poorly.

While I can't vouch for the authenticity of that listing, there was an unofficial S3++. It was one of the many revisions to S3/S3+ but didn't come with a name change.
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
All I know is that BitFury is going to have 0.2W/GH miners online pretty darn soon, contradicting their statement.

Who do you think knows more about the status of those magical chips - the people who would make them or..... [with all due respect].... you?

Ok... Since they know so much, is that why they raised their prices? Knowing a competitor cannot compete is good cause to jack your prices up and fuck your loyal customers over...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
. . . but when it comes to pricing and good PR they have dropped the ball. . .

I don't fault them for pricing batch 5 at USD 411.  If the market can bear $411, so be it.  If they sell below market, it only creates a secondary market that they lose out on.  I'm just surprised that they didn't have a better feel for the market price when they started to sell this batch at $320.  But maybe the price change was planned, e.g., the need to sell a minimum production quantity real quick and then bump the price closer to market after they can commit to a production run.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I giggled a little when I read under Batch 5 they wrote...
...and it's also the last round of production of S5.

When in fact, they have batch 6 currently up for sale for preorder.  Definitely not the last "round" of order, unless they meant chips order, in which case, why does it take so long for batch 6 to be ready?

I assumed that they meant April 9, not June 9, which would make much more sense. It would mean that they received one last order of new miners from the factory, and are splitting them into batches 10 days apart from each other.

But the price changes were odd - you'd think they'd have done their research on pricing ahead of time, especially given that they've been off the market for about a month now. They just had to take a look at recently sold auctions on ebay to get an idea of what they can ask for them. And a slowdown in investment by competitors shouldn't have been much of a surprise, we've been sub-$400 for 5 months, and sub-$300 for 2 months now.

It would have been better for them to come out with the $411 price right away... but it looks like they may be the only ones with supply when demand is increasing, and it is increasing given that price is increasing and difficulty has been relatively stable.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
So if its $411 for the miner alone, after shipping and customs what will be the total if you are living in the USA?

I dunno but a Canuckistan calculation:

$411 USD * $1.26 (best exchange rate) + $80 CDN Import Tax = $597.86 and I do not even own a PSU yet. Too much.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Most people would call that "lying". Others might call it lieing, but that's because they spell poorly.

While I can't vouch for the authenticity of that listing, there was an unofficial S3++. It was one of the many revisions to S3/S3+ but didn't come with a name change.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Once BitFury unleashes their miners with their 0.2W/GH efficiency chips, difficulty will go through the roof.

They need chips to do that. And they also need 0.2W/GH viable chips in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
So if its $411 for the miner alone, after shipping and customs what will be the total if you are living in the USA?

legendary
Bitmain suckz ballz. It used to one of the two last remaining, honest manufacturers, but now it's going the way of KNC.

They have excellent products and offer excellent customer service but when it comes to pricing and good PR they have dropped the ball.

I do agree with the fact that their products are super, as well as their level of service, but the price tag for the batches 5 and 6 Antminers just ruins it all. They just randomly go on facebook and say they have "intelligence" on competitors not taping out, and mark up the price by $70 USD. Evidence, please Smiley All I know is that BitFury is going to have 0.2W/GH miners online pretty darn soon, contradicting their statement.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Bitmain suckz ballz. It used to one of the two last remaining, honest manufacturers, but now it's going the way of KNC.

They have excellent products and offer excellent customer service but when it comes to pricing and good PR they have dropped the ball.
legendary

When in fact, they have batch 6 currently up for sale for preorder.  Definitely not the last "round" of order, unless they meant chips order, in which case, why does it take so long for batch 6 to be ready?

I also find it funny that their Batch 5 is $411 USD, which is around $30 USD more expensive than Batches 3 and 4, which were accordingly shipping 1-2 months ago.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

Nothing but a marketing tactic in my eyes. Trying to drive higher demand.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

legendary
Once BitFury unleashes their miners with their 0.2W/GH efficiency chips, difficulty will go through the roof.
Jump to: