Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 164. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 253
If I order 4 C1 now, in how many days I will get the device in Italy?

Approximately 4 working days as long as it goes through customs well.

I am in Italy, what do you think could go wrong?
Do you think I will have to pay extra for the custom?

Thanks,
ilpirata79
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
This another place Ive found a lot of miners at and i have ordered  from there in the past and got what i ordered

http://www.aliexpress.com/premium/antminer-s5.html?ltype=wholesale&SearchText=antminer+s5&isPremium=y&d=y&origin=y&initiative_id=SB_20150305124935&isViewCP=y&catId=0

but it's not that much cheaper then E bay or Amazon .

just another place to get all most any miner you want or buy bulk .

cya

Never heard of it but that is an awesome site if it is legit. What do you know about it? Of course I have to do the obligatory scam search on the search engines Smiley

EDIT: After more than 1000 reviews most people at this site call it a big scam:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.aliexpress.com

Aliexpress is definitely not a scam site, however their may be scammers who do advertise on that site hense the rating system it has.  Its pretty much the Asian version of eBay.

The company recently just went public (do a search on google, CNN, or any news site) - It's owned by Alibaba Group Holdings and Yahoo owns a big stake in the company.  I have ordered S1s from a reseller on the site before with no issues, however the prices are higher then purchasing directly from the manufacturer.  The benefit is that you might be able to pay less when it comes to customs since some resellers are perfectly willing to adjust the value on the invoices to help you save on the taxes.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

The only difference:  stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub

All my S3-s and sp20-s working fine only the s5-s not. If I remove the #xnsub they are working but no extranonce support.

I did not think that S5 supported extranonce.

It works.

Just try it out.
I tried it with both my S5's immediately after I got them setup, I had to remove the #xnsub before they worked properly with Westhash.  What file system and cgminer are you running with which it works?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Is the S5 a dead model now? Anyone know?
I heard through the grapevine that we should be patient for just a short while longer.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Is the S5 a dead model now? Anyone know?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

So why the difference?

sometimes the 5s hash does drop and sometimes it does rise, I think it has to do with the psu but I'm not sure. The average stays about the same so I know the miner is working at about 1.1Th/s which is where I want it with my current setup. I could always do more hashing but it doesn't seem as stable when it is not at this setting.

As an average as you stated dogie, I should be watching the daily hash on my pool and miner settings and now worry about the 5s and 30m, 10m on the pool?

I seem to be getting consistent payout, i guess that is all that matters.

becouse sometimes your antminer will find more shares and sometimes less, same as finding btc block - your ant trying to find many small blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
As an average as you stated dogie, I should be watching the daily hash on my pool and miner settings and now worry about the 5s and 30m, 10m on the pool?

Yes look at the longer averages which for you are fine.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I've been trying to find an explanation as to how to read the cgminer screen that I posted and what values I'm supposed to be shooting for. This setting is the most stable (HW at .0003%), which is good, I think and not over .02 which is bad? Utility is miner efficiency? According to various articles i foung on google (they were all GPU based machines) utility needs to be high. On slush's pool its 20, antPool is what you see.

I guess what I'm really asking about is if my screen looks good and where do i need to make improvements? 

The only 2 critical values are the hash rate shown on your S5's page and the hash rate reported by your pool (as an average). Everything else is surplus to what you need to monitor in regards to your income.

Ok, great!!! so my s5 never shows that i am dipping below 1Th/s but in the pool, for 30m it shows 977.5 Gh/s. everything else according to the pool seems to match up.

here is my pool
http://eddiesilva.me/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/poolhash.png

and here is my current hash
http://eddiesilva.me/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/updateantminer.png

So why the difference?

sometimes the 5s hash does drop and sometimes it does rise, I think it has to do with the psu but I'm not sure. The average stays about the same so I know the miner is working at about 1.1Th/s which is where I want it with my current setup. I could always do more hashing but it doesn't seem as stable when it is not at this setting.

Activity: 328
I don't think the price is too bad. Although it has room to go down, I recently bought 2 S3's and a PSU for about the same price that I would have got and S5.

I've been trying to find an explanation as to how to read the cgminer screen that I posted and what values I'm supposed to be shooting for. This setting is the most stable (HW at .0003%), which is good, I think and not over .02 which is bad? Utility is miner efficiency? According to various articles i foung on google (they were all GPU based machines) utility needs to be high. On slush's pool its 20, antPool is what you see.

I guess what I'm really asking about is if my screen looks good and where do i need to make improvements? 

I am wondering why your fan speed is so low?

I have modded my fan setup, Noctua NF-F12 2,000 pwm push and an arctic 1500 pwm for pull. room ambient temps are about 24c during the day and 19c during the night
legendary
dogiecoin.com

The only 2 critical values are the hash rate shown on your S5's page and the hash rate reported by your pool (as an average). Everything else is surplus to what you need to monitor in regards to your income.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Approximately 4 working days as long as it goes through customs well.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
What's the best Delta replacement fan to get that is quieter than stock? I can't believe how many Delta fans are out there. Literally hundreds of different models. Crazy.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
So, anyone determine if the Noctua NF-12 3000 PWM push pull is a better setup than using the Corsair SP120 High Performance/Static push/pull?

I mean, at full speed the Noctua's are only 43dB and have a 6 year warranty. (This is 3000RPM version. They also make a 2000 RPM version)
The Corsair SP120 are only 35dB and cap out at 2350 RPM and have a two year warranty.

I have used Noctua's in the past and their build quality and performance has always been stellar. I believe they make the perfect cooling fans, just seeing if they are applicable to the S5.
These guys even make a fan that's Certified IP67 which means it is dust and water proof down to 1 meter.

Of course, all this and keeping the temps down to 60c.

If I had the opportunity I would try the Noctua NF-12 2000 PWM model in a push pull config. Not as robust as the 3000 RPM, but it is much quieter.

Noctua NF-F12 2000 PWM
http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-NF-F12-iPPC-2000-PWM/dp/B00KFCR5BA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425625630&sr=8-1&keywords=noctua+nf-12+2000

Noctua NF-F12 3000 PWM  -   $30 fan here
http://www.amazon.com/NF-F12-industrialPPC-3000-PWM-120x120x25mm-3000rpm/dp/B00KESS6O0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425625844&sr=8-1&keywords=noctua+nf-12+3000

Corsair High Performance/Static model Air series. I checked over some youtube videos on these very quickly and they are very quiet, but may not cool enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Performance-Edition-CO-9050008-WW/dp/B007RESFYK

The Noctua has a higher static pressure of 4.18 compared to the Corsair which has 3.1.

So, who was the ginney pig and tried these guys out? My pick would be to use two Noctua NF-F12 2000 in a push/pull.

I did the test here's the thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/noctua-nf-f12-ippc-3000-pwm-vs-corsair-sp120-pwm-on-antminer-s5-974503
Spoiler alert: Noctua wins Smiley

Thanks! I'll take a look.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Can someone do me some simple math today please?

I need to know approximate how many kwh per day that an S5 will consume based on a frequency of 375. Assume a constant ambient temp and I get about 1.2 TH. Please let me know how you did this calculation.

This just has to be rough and dirty. I'm exploring designing a small hobby farm.

Thank you.

.52 x 1200 gh = 624 watts  x 24 =14976 watts    divide by 1000 = 14.976  kwatts  or 15 kwatts rounded

+ or -   .5 kwatts  if you have bronze or plat psu.     the .52 per gh  I used is for a gold psu
Activity: 353
Merit: 253

Do you think it is possible to get a roi with these devices?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Is that a controller designed for 3-wire or 4-wire fans? Also, on 4-wire fans the blue wire is internally tied high and the PWM signal is actually done by pulling it low during the off time, so disconnecting the blue wire is probably better than giving it 12V directly. If the 12V you're feeding into the blue wire isn't current-limited, you could be roasting the board's fan controller.

A 3-wire fan controller may not work for a 4-wire fan driving the blue wire, because the 3-wire probably provides power on the high and a no-connect on the low instead of a no-connect on the high and a GND on the low.

I cut the wire.  I could see how splicing 12v to it while leaving it powered from the hashboard would threaten the hashboard.

I don't take the 12v from the 4 wire harness.  I take the 12v from the power supply.  A three wire PWM controller, drive wire to the blue wire, common ground, should work.  I'll let you know.  Tho slowing down the fan likely means excessive heat at the hashing board if hashing isn't throttled.  I see the C1 throttles for overheating - a connector to the pump came loose and was found when I went to investigate 900GHS hashing where I was expecting 1THS.

Didn't know that about a three wire but the controller I bought is a 4 wire.   
Activity: 287
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..
For this past week my S5 has been running well.
This morning it is unresponsive.
Apart from using Teamviewer or M Miner or sshing into the miner. Is there any other method one can use to reboot the miner?
The miner is on a remote site and i remote into a raspberry pi that i use to web into each miner.

use ssh / putty
login with username root password admin
if you want to reboot the miner, use reboot command
just type :
Code:
reboot
if you want to restart te cgminer, use /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh
just type :
Code:
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
legendary
Activity: 1204

I am wondering why your fan speed is so low?
http://eddiesilva.me/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/antpool.jpg

Jump to: