Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 195. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
To add to this... Bitmain will NOT warranty a device that was not purchased directly from Bitmain or an authorized reseller (but they won't provide a list of authorized resellers, as far as I can see). This policy is not made clear anywhere that I have seen, but Bitmain expects retail vendors (re-sellers) to take returns and then pursue warranty service with the re-seller rather than individual buyers. Also, Bitmain will tell you to do a credit card chargeback if the vendor will not handle an RMA for you, regardless of whether or not they ever claimed they would.

They won't necessarily accept returns directly from someone who isn't their customer, as its possible for people to cause problems. For example if a user sends an S5 to Bitmain, but they purchased from a reseller. Bitmain says they will refund the item, the reseller says "nope" and ignores everyone.

Tldr if you're purchasing from a regional reseller, contact them if someone goes wrong with that sale. It becomes far too complicated when trying to make it a 3 way transaction.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Yesterday i tested and at clock 375, one S5 is drawing about 565w of the wall.
So my question is, would it be okay to connect 2 S5's to the one Corsair 1200w Platinum PSU ?

565w at the wall is about 510w output. 510 x 2 = 1020w. 1020w is less than 1200w, so it should be fine at 375. Good chance you can even take them up to 400. Be sure to check the wattage after a day or so when everything has stabilized.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
The caps might have blown up, but it's unlikely they were the cause of the fault. Unless they're cheap knock-offs, those SP-Caps are all rated to a working voltage of at least 105C (some are 125C) and they'll survive higher than that. What they don't like is an overvoltage situation. Those specific ones are rated to 6.3V, but if something happened where the full 12V (or most if it) was across that chip and cap, it would look very similar to that.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Gotcha. Strange thing to have it at once on the both sides
I agree .... which makes me think PSU.

ya, fan turns on - I am using a Thermaltake 850W 80 PLUS Bronze

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Bronze-ATX12V-EPS12V-SP-850M/dp/B007BDJ58C

Is it single rail or multi rail ?

The multi rail can supply 850 watts to all connectors just not all at the same time! this is what companies do not tell you. Single rail is way better because it does supply it all at the same time I think its your PSU use single rail instead like I do with all the latest protections much better and much safer to!

I am a disabled engineer make sure if its multi-rail if you insist on using it that it can provide 25 amps on each connecter. just look at the PSU it should say it.

just looked at the PSU Specs that PSU should not have a problem unless you overclocked it. If you did what was the frequency ?

negative, it was not overclocked - it was stock - i dont have any modified or overclocked miners -  I was just curious why the 80 C safeguard didnt kick in or if this is what happens when it reaches 80 C
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
For what it's worth, ZoomHash is still at $325 + shipping. They accept PayPal and Credit Cards. They claim 5 days shipping in the USA.

Alas this is not be. I got an E-mail from Zoom Hash less than 48 hours later saying that they had to cancel the order. So my "S5 for $348 shipped to Minnesota, paid with Discover" turned into a flop. They are crediting the money back. Bummer.......  Undecided

My shipment was canceled too. Even with a simple excel sheet I would be faster than 3 days to know what I have in Stock or not... Speechless...  Lips sealed

This is from 2 pages back, but another thing to keep in mind about Zoomhash, (and others? How many or which I am not sure but I know Zoomhash) is they are supposed to handle the warranty claims according to Yoshi.I do not know the qualifying factors but I am sure if they are supposed to handle warranty they get a better discount.
Yoshi said Bitmain would handle my case but that is a whole different story which I will update in a bit.

Just keep in mind where your warranty is being handled, the people you will be dealing with, where they are, and (if you will have failures) where is the most likely point of failure. Of course how long is the warranty and what is the warranty reputation from existing users who your use will emulate. There is nothing wrong with learning by copying the best and back on topic sincerely research the service experience of others.

Does that mean that that Bitmain could not cover warranty issues if i bought them from DHGATE which is linked from Bitmain site?

Bitmain is the seller on DHGATE. It is just a site where Chinese sellers can sell and all payments are escrowed. You should have no issue with warranty.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Assuming it was not done on purpose and it was done on a standard freq of 350  this could mean the s-5 has the same problems Asic Miner prismas had.  Runaway thermals.

Time will tell if it is the case or if this is a rare case.  So far 1 person has had the problem.  Thousands have been sold.

So 1/2000 popped a pair of caps. Pretty safe we have seen  more then 1 burned sp20.

My s-5 will continue to run at a solid over clock. Here it is right now.

What PSU are you using on it and what is it pulling on the wall?
Thanks

it is using an evga 1300 g2  and it gets .51 watts per gh or .51 x 1294 = 660 watts

speaking of watt measure I have 2 kwatt meters with a third one due today I am going to do a thread on k-watt accuracy I will use my s-5 at freq 393 and the evga 1300 g2  .  My 2 meters on hand give different readings almost 5%   looking to let people know that kwatt is only an estimate.

I will also use an electric space heater to show meters are only okay not great for accuracy.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
For what it's worth, ZoomHash is still at $325 + shipping. They accept PayPal and Credit Cards. They claim 5 days shipping in the USA.

Alas this is not be. I got an E-mail from Zoom Hash less than 48 hours later saying that they had to cancel the order. So my "S5 for $348 shipped to Minnesota, paid with Discover" turned into a flop. They are crediting the money back. Bummer.......  Undecided

My shipment was canceled too. Even with a simple excel sheet I would be faster than 3 days to know what I have in Stock or not... Speechless...  Lips sealed

This is from 2 pages back, but another thing to keep in mind about Zoomhash, (and others? How many or which I am not sure but I know Zoomhash) is they are supposed to handle the warranty claims according to Yoshi.I do not know the qualifying factors but I am sure if they are supposed to handle warranty they get a better discount.
Yoshi said Bitmain would handle my case but that is a whole different story which I will update in a bit.

Just keep in mind where your warranty is being handled, the people you will be dealing with, where they are, and (if you will have failures) where is the most likely point of failure. Of course how long is the warranty and what is the warranty reputation from existing users who your use will emulate. There is nothing wrong with learning by copying the best and back on topic sincerely research the service experience of others.

Does that mean that that Bitmain could not cover warranty issues if i bought them from DHGATE which is linked from Bitmain site?
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Assuming it was not done on purpose and it was done on a standard freq of 350  this could mean the s-5 has the same problems Asic Miner prismas had.  Runaway thermals.

Time will tell if it is the case or if this is a rare case.  So far 1 person has had the problem.  Thousands have been sold.

So 1/2000 popped a pair of caps. Pretty safe we have seen  more then 1 burned sp20.

What PSU are you using on it and what is it pulling on the wall?
Thanks
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
In general it is OK but if the PSUs are AX1200i, it might not let you do it. Those have some over-current protection on some of their outputs

Try and see
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hey guys, i ordered some S5 miners and i got them finally.

I have the fallowing question.
Since i have a lot of PSU's left from my alt GPU mining rigs i will be using them. But since i had a good offer back in the day, all my PSU's are Corsair 1200w Platinum.

Yesterday i tested and at clock 375, one S5 is drawing about 565w of the wall.
So my question is, would it be okay to connect 2 S5's to the one Corsair 1200w Platinum PSU ?

Thanks !
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Assuming it was not done on purpose and it was done on a standard freq of 350  this could mean the s-5 has the same problems Asic Miner prismas had.  Runaway thermals.

Time will tell if it is the case or if this is a rare case.  So far 1 person has had the problem.  Thousands have been sold.

So 1/2000 popped a pair of caps. Pretty safe we have seen  more then 1 burned sp20.

http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/903/v3Wkgh.png

Here's mine. I tried 425 but got the same hash rate with about 10 times the hw errors. I took a screen shot on my phone. I love winter. For mining at least. My S5 in in the garage with an ambient temperature at 18.5 C The second fan is from a S1.

https://i.imgur.com/9Zz6Jyz.png?1
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Assuming it was not done on purpose and it was done on a standard freq of 350  this could mean the s-5 has the same problems Asic Miner prismas had.  Runaway thermals.

Time will tell if it is the case or if this is a rare case.  So far 1 person has had the problem.  Thousands have been sold.

So 1/2000 popped a pair of caps. Pretty safe we have seen  more then 1 burned sp20.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
He had to be overclocking it.

As I asked at the top of this page:
is this what happens when it reaches 80 C or does this mean that it went above 80 C?  The unit still turns on and I can see that I have it set to turn off if it reaches 80 C, but it doesnt look like it did Sad

The unit powers on and I can get to it via the network but it wont hash - I figured it out when I took the sides off and found the burned board.
What was the configuration clock setting?  What were the reported temps?  What fan were you using? Was the fan running?
Activity: 392

The multi rail can supply 850 watts to all connectors just not all at the same time! this is what companies do not tell you. Single rail is way better because it does supply it all at the same time I think its your PSU use single rail instead like I do with all the latest protections much better and much safer to!

I am a disabled engineer make sure if its multi-rail if you insist on using it that it can provide 25 amps on each connecter. just look at the PSU it should say it.

just looked at the PSU Specs that PSU should not have a problem unless you overclocked it. If you did what was the frequency ?

+12V@69A

Guaranteed to deliver 850W continuous output @ 140°F (40°C) operating temperature

notice what it says 850w continuous output @ 40c the supply heats up and your are no longer at those operating temps on the PSU so you are going to get less that 12v@69a

This is the main reason why I run each miner on a separate PSU which are all EVGA Supernova 1300 watt G2's it only pushes the PSU's at 50 percent load! so they stay at rated operating temps.

Anybody can argue if they like because you want to be cheap I really don't care I have a B.A.S NY state board of regents with a GPA of 3.95 with 15 years field experience. so that more than qualifies me.

Just because I am disabled does not mean I am not still qualified. I got hurt in the field when a IDIOT put together Server racks that were incorrectly done because he insisted he knew what he was doing and a whole rack of servers fell on top of me. so I am no longer able to work and I really liked my job it was my career and my life I enjoyed going to work.

He had to be overclocking it.

Activity: 742

+12V@69A
Activity: 556

To add to this... Bitmain will NOT warranty a device that was not purchased directly from Bitmain or an authorized reseller (but they won't provide a list of authorized resellers, as far as I can see). This policy is not made clear anywhere that I have seen, but Bitmain expects retail vendors (re-sellers) to take returns and then pursue warranty service with the re-seller rather than individual buyers. Also, Bitmain will tell you to do a credit card chargeback if the vendor will not handle an RMA for you, regardless of whether or not they ever claimed they would.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
What offer to put that ram heatsink??
Will have more speed?

We'll see. ) It's just to improve reliability of hashing boards. But may be it will also give us less temperatures since more heat will be dissipated...
Activity: 392

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
is this what happens when it reaches 80 C or does this mean that it went above 80 C?  The unit still turns on and I can see that I have it set to turn off if it reaches 80 C, but it doesnt look like it did Sad

The unit powers on and I can get to it via the network but it wont hash - I figured it out when I took the sides off and found the burned board.
What was the configuration clock setting?  What were the reported temps?  What fan were you using? Was the fan running?
Jump to: