Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 2. (Read 450930 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress
I was asking everyone for a backup miner for my website and they are all saying , to focus on Antminer s5 , that is why i had to come and ask here the Antminer s9 is very costly i need a cheap and affordable miner especially , which has low current costs , if anyone can suggest a suitable miner i will be very grateful.
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
Power consumption for 2 months would be 0.590 KW/hr x 24 hrs/day x 60 days = 849.6 Wh

Profit is much more complicated, what is your power cost, where are you going to be mining, what will the difficulty changes be, etc.

Not taking those into account:
The S5 would make roughly 0.001141 BTC/day x 60 days = 0.06846 BTC  at the current BTC/USD price that would be $48.63 USD
But difficulty will most likely increase so earnings would be much lower.

Subtract what the 849.6 KWh would cost you and you have your profit.

At $0.10 USD / KWh you are looking at 849.6 KWh x $0.10 /KWh = $84.96  so a loss of $36.33

At $0.04 USD / KWh you are looking at 849.6 KWh x $0.04 /KWh = $33.98  so a profit of $14.65

And again those are assuming everything stays static for the 2 months, IT WON'T!

So unless you have really cheap or free power, it is not going to be worth it.
Daily profit of an S5 is pretty much dependent on the electricity being free. Sounds like you need to do some reading about what exactly goes into bitcoin mining before spending any money.

The electricity isn't free here so probably i have to pay can you give me a specific value so i can check if i can afford it .

I already have a asic miner block erupter , so probably that's the only mining equipment i had , i have not bought big mining equipment and i am just starting out on a small miner and then will move on to the big one.

If you can tell the exact current cost's for it , i can make some calculation''s before i start using it.

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Daily profit of an S5 is pretty much dependent on the electricity being free. Sounds like you need to do some reading about what exactly goes into bitcoin mining before spending any money.
Hello guy's i was thinking of getting an antminer s5 for my new mining website , since the guy's here told me antminer r1 is useless and dosen't mine much , can anybody give me the power consumption for 2 months and the daily profit it produces , thanks in advance.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Can you email [email protected] with your contact info?  one of the staffs from Schengen area will contact  you with the shipping method/option in your area.

It could be the control but probably the hash PCB gone bad.  what country are you located in? 

S5 parts can be purchased from https://www.bitmainwarranty.com

if it was ebay purchase, may be easier to send it back and ask paypal for refund

it looks like one of my S5 has a problem...
Chain#.......ASIC#......Frequency...Temp...ASIC status
1................30...............350..........0......------ -------- -------- --------
2................30...............350.........40.....oooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo

I restarted it after a few month of rest...

I swapped PSU for a known good one.... not to avail....

SAme problem @freq 275...

I have just bought an S5 off of ebay, it hashes on both cards for about 5 minutes then they both drop off to 0, I have swapped the ribbon cabels to the cards, and swapped the cards around - I have two 1300 Watt EVGA power supplies and have tried both with the same end results - I can only think the controller / beagle board is knackered, probably in the postage - the boards show zero errors when they power on in the control panel. Could I be correct in my theory? And, if so, does anyone here have a spare controller / beagle?

I am in the UK - on that site I could not see and controller board links?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Robert Christensen - WGR Lead Developer
It could be the control but probably the hash PCB gone bad.  what country are you located in? 

if it was ebay purchase, may be easier to send it back and ask paypal for refund

1................30...............350..........0......------ -------- -------- --------
2................30...............350.........40.....oooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo

I have just bought an S5 off of ebay, it hashes on both cards for about 5 minutes then they both drop off to 0, I have swapped the ribbon cabels to the cards, and swapped the cards around - I have two 1300 Watt EVGA power supplies and have tried both with the same end results - I can only think the controller / beagle board is knackered, probably in the postage - the boards show zero errors when they power on in the control panel. Could I be correct in my theory? And, if so, does anyone here have a spare controller / beagle?

I am in the UK - on that site I could not see and controller board links?
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★

well I tried both board independently using this procedure:
https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204875015-How-to-diagnose-S5-hashing-PCB

And they work fine independently.
I also swapped board 1 and 2 on the controller and both work fine too...

I put back everything as it was... and they both work again.....

So happy days :p
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510

Activity: 60
Robert Christensen - WGR Lead Developer

zOU
★ these are stars ★

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I've been trying to mod my S5's into silent space heater for the winter. I'm using some 3pins and the S5 start beeping after 1 min and stop mining, regardless of temps. Was there a work around for this i've forgot about?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
What is the average life of a stock s5 fan in medium ambient?

Either it dies because its crap at a random point in time, or it outlast its usefulness by far. I still have some Antminer S1's that work just fine.
Activity: 82
What is the average life of a stock s5 fan in medium ambient?
Activity: 569
Yeah I have no idea whats going on. I just attained another S5 and that upgraded instantly, tried this one again and same BS. course this new one is shot, Temp sits at 0 and it wont mine.
 cant get the  fan control firemware on so swapped fans to an S1 fan and corsair fan. much quieter...

yeah thats what I am doing...
  with firefox hitting ok, just says sending request which is the request to send the file but just times out
with chrome and IE when that starts the S5 stops mining as if it now knows a firmware update is coming but times out.
firefox that never happens.

very odd, never had something like this happen before, annoying cuz I want that newer manual fan control firmware installed.

Normally if you have a time out during a firmware flash it can be bad news... you really don't want to lose power, timeout, etc.  It can lead to a brick in some cases.   Not all but some will be bricked.

Honestly if it is giving you those issues I would leave it.   S5 miner's are really not quiet.   As far as comment above you should easily know if S5+ it is marked on it and has 3 of them.   I only had one of the S5+ but it was also a great miner.   But I think he is talking about a regular S5 from what I'm reading.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
You can configure your compter with a static and the s5.
Then use a network cable directly, no switch.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
  with firefox hitting ok, just says sending request which is the request to send the file but just times out
with chrome and IE when that starts the S5 stops mining as if it now knows a firmware update is coming but times out.

very odd, never had something like this happen before, annoying cuz I want that newer manual fan control firmware installed.

Normally if you have a time out during a firmware flash it can be bad news... you really don't want to lose power, timeout, etc.  It can lead to a brick in some cases.   Not all but some will be bricked.

Honestly if it is giving you those issues I would leave it.   S5 miner's are really not quiet.   As far as comment above you should easily know if S5+ it is marked on it and has 3 of them.   I only had one of the S5+ but it was also a great miner.   But I think he is talking about a regular S5 from what I'm reading.
I wonder maybe this is an S5+?
do S5+ call themselves that in the Miner Type system overview?
this says

Miner Type   Antminer S5
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014

zOU
★ these are stars ★
I've never had any issue, make sure you don't extract the archive.
Just download from bitmain, and upload on the S5
Pages:
Jump to: