Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 3. (Read 450930 times)

Activity: 569
Merit: 500
Is there some known issue updating firmware on the S5?

I'm trying to get any of the 3 2015 ones at bitmain to install but it seems the S5 stops responding to the upload command.

Firefox times out after hitting OK to upload, IE also times out waiting for a reply back, Chrome seems to start the upload but sits at 0% and times out.
  So it seems to me the S5 is not answering back the initial upload command.
there are no network issues, I have tried it from a few different pc's and one plugged into the same switch.
zOU
Activity: 728
★ these are stars ★
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Will S5s be operating at a loss after the reward halving?

depends on your power costs.. most places they are probably running at a loss right now.

Activity: 469
Where can I order replacement boards? Did not see anything on Bitmain site.

From me, if the price is right.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-give-awayfree-30-x-100-usd-bitmain-coupon-858962

do u ship to usa? how much do u sell s5 boards for ?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
I rebooted my S5 like I always do once per week and got this:

What is going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Did you power cycle? Did you check the connectors, did you replug all controller related things? Is the PSU ok? Etc, etc. One board is down atm.

I did everything above. One board is shot. I am going to wait until more S9s are available. I more than doubled my investment on this so can't complain.
Maybe ask Sidehack if he wants the dead board to strip the ASIC's to be used in his Compacs?

He did not seem all that interested in getting the dead board i have that he technically own. If he still does strip on those old chips, that'd be a good use for it.

Where can I order replacement boards? Did not see anything on Bitmain site.
legendary

Thanks!

Did you power cycle? Did you check the connectors, did you replug all controller related things? Is the PSU ok? Etc, etc. One board is down atm.

I did everything above. One board is shot. I am going to wait until more S9s are available. I more than doubled my investment on this so can't complain.
Maybe ask Sidehack if he wants the dead board to strip the ASIC's to be used in his Compacs?

He did not seem all that interested in getting the dead board i have that he technically own. If he still does strip on those old chips, that'd be a good use for it.

Now it is showing like this...

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Will S5s be operating at a loss after the reward halving?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!

Thanks!

legendary

Thanks!

legendary

Thanks!

Why would you reboot them once a week ?

Somewhere in the archives here I took someones advice.
zOU
★ these are stars ★

Thanks!

Why would you reboot them once a week ?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Thanks!

legendary

Thanks!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
My Antminer does not connect corectly zo ethernet or even let me open the ui. pls help
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Thank you Aaron Smiley

Running the S5 at 325 seems good, i'll give it a try next week hopefully.
legendary
Because you're on 110V and I'm on 220V ?

Or maybe I'm just wrong Smiley

S5:590Wx4
S3+:390Wx4

220 would be it..

so you can kind of do some quick calculations.. the s5 is .5j/ghs and the s3 is .9.

i run my s5s at 325 and they are just right at 1th using 500 watts.
the s3s id turn down to 200, they would be at 400ghs using around 323 watts.

that would be 15a?

zOU
★ these are stars ★
Because you're on 110V and I'm on 220V ?

Or maybe I'm just wrong Smiley

S5:590Wx4
S3+:390Wx4
legendary
Hi guys,

what is the sweet spot in terms of frequency/Watts for the S5 ?

I need to put 4xS5 and 4xS3+ on a 16A line and they're using slightly over 17A at default freq(S5:350, S3+:250) so I need to underclock them a bit...
are you sure this is correct? my s5 uses around 5a by itself at stock speed.
the s3s are around 400 watts each, so about 4a.

im counting about 36a for all those on the same line?

Pages:
Jump to: