Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 4. (Read 450930 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Hi guys,

what is the sweet spot in terms of frequency/Watts for the S5 ?

I need to put 4xS5 and 4xS3+ on a 16A line and they're using slightly over 17A at default freq(S5:350, S3+:250) so I need to underclock them a bit...

If you are just changing the Frequency and not the Voltage then the efficiency is virtually constant at all Frequencies, so just turn it down to whatever level you want.

Rich

Ok,  is there a table somewhere with a summary of freq + power usage ?

I've not found anything yet ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/reviewmy-experiencewith-bitmains-second-hand-used-antminer-s5-batch-7-1151326

The clock i settled with at the time was 393 for 1.30~1.31TH/s on most S5's.
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
Hi guys,

I need to put 4xS5 and 4xS3+ on a 16A line and they're using slightly over 17A at default freq(S5:350, S3+:250) so I need to underclock them a bit...

If you are just changing the Frequency and not the Voltage then the efficiency is virtually constant at all Frequencies, so just turn it down to whatever level you want.

Rich

Ok,  is there a table somewhere with a summary of freq + power usage ?

I've not found anything yet ...
Activity: 588
Hi guys,

Rich
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Hi guys,

zOU
★ these are stars ★
your s5 has a lot of hardware errors.. i had one of mine do this.. exactly with the 20c board and half speed.. and it ended up being the psu connector was starting to melt.

I know... Sad
I bought it second hand knowing it.

it's the only of my 4xS5 that does that...

A good auld' power cycle fixed it:

However, it sounds like there something metallic vibrating inside.

I touched everything and nothing seems loose, the vibration noise stops when I touch the fan cable.
The fan itself doesn't vibrate, the screws are tight too.

I'll probably risk taking it apart tomorrow for cleaning.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Everything looks fine. I suspect a reboot will fix it.

Rich

1st reboot didn't fix it..... but explained a lot !

3rd reboot seems ok...

however, given the difference in temp... I guess that the 1st blade is not doing much....

and it' gone again....

your s5 has a lot of hardware errors.. i had one of mine do this.. exactly with the 20c board and half speed.. and it ended up being the psu connector was starting to melt.

zOU
★ these are stars ★

Rich

1st reboot didn't fix it..... but explained a lot !

3rd reboot seems ok...

however, given the difference in temp... I guess that the 1st blade is not doing much....

and it' gone again....

Activity: 588
One of my S5 is starting to have problems.

- it never hashed at 1.15Ths, it was closer to 1.06Ths
- Since today it seems to be hashing at half speed.
- however the UI doesn't report anything wrong:

I'll reboot it to see...

Rich
zOU
★ these are stars ★
One of my S5 is starting to have problems.

- it never hashed at 1.15Ths, it was closer to 1.06Ths
- Since today it seems to be hashing at half speed.
- however the UI doesn't report anything wrong:

and here in orange:

I'll reboot it to see...
legendary
My bad.  yes it was removed on the newer version... 

you can snip one of the leg on the speaker on the control panel but you can use electrical tape and just wrap that black round item well should reduce the noise but please be careful!!

You don't want to completely ignore the cry from the ants!

You make it sound much cuter than it is Tongue

I have monitoring software, meaning if i'm up and about, i will notice if something goes wrong. If i'm not, the beeping won't help, but will still disturb the neighbors. Cheers anyhow, i understand Bitmain exited the home miner scene.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
My bad.  yes it was removed on the newer version... 

you can snip one of the leg on the speaker on the control panel but you can use electrical tape and just wrap that black round item well should reduce the noise but please be careful!!

You don't want to completely ignore the cry from the ants!

You can uncheck the check box for BEEP in the miner setting page.
Also, if you really don't like to hear it, yes, TAPE over the speaker hole will reduce the noise level.

However, please be warned!!!  The beeping noise from ants are "cry" for help from Ants.  Telling you something is not right with it.

Is it safe to rip off the speaker? Or is there a software way to disable the beeping when the miner lose connection?

i put tape over it..

Haha, thanks for the reply. Maybe you are not aware that, that option does not actually work and the checkbox was removed in the latest firmware? Tongue
I really don't need them to wake up the neighbors when internet cut during some night.
legendary
Also, if you really don't like to hear it, yes, TAPE over the speaker hole will reduce the noise level.

However, please be warned!!!  The beeping noise from ants are "cry" for help from Ants.  Telling you something is not right with it.

Is it safe to rip off the speaker? Or is there a software way to disable the beeping when the miner lose connection?

i put tape over it..

Haha, thanks for the reply. Maybe you are not aware that, that option does not actually work and the checkbox was removed in the latest firmware? Tongue
I really don't need them to wake up the neighbors when internet cut during some night.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510

i put tape over it..
legendary

i put tape over it..
legendary
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Well I power cycled my S5 today and it's hashing fine...
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Can I eat a Bitcoin?
I just had a blade die today. got the "xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx" of death and said my farewells to the blade. I went to remove the still working board and put it in my custom single blade cooling system I made. Now the only thing that turns on is the BB, and it only has the standard 4 green LED lights on, and the red PCB board light. The red light on the blade isn't turning on, and the ethernet lights aren't turning on either. Tried doing a hard reset, but the button is unresponsive. Tried switching cables, different PSU's, nothing. Looked up and tried every troubleshooting tip in the book.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Well, it has been 4h Smiley

We'll see if it's back when I land.

It's on the same network switch as my other 3 and it has the same model of 850W PSU as another S5.
The other 2 I own share a 1300W PSU.

==== 24h later=====

still no submitting shares... ah well....
legendary
No beeping
No Red LED

They're just sitting there doing nothing...

ive not see that.. there is a watchdog script in the s5 that should restart it if it goes zombie like that.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
No beeping
No Red LED

They're just sitting there doing nothing...
Pages:
Jump to: