Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 5. (Read 450930 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
I've cleaned them with compressed air, but the change was brought by connecting a new PS

On another note, one of my S5 stopped hashing yesterday (no ssh, no web) so I restarted it.

And just after I left the house for a week another stopped reporting on the pool webpage... so it's going to stay like this for a week...

Any idea what can cause it ?

They're all on kano's 4.9 cgminer.

Edit: i'll be offline for 12h or so until I land in SFO

sometimes mine jam up and have a red light and a constant beep if a pool goes offline.

the newest firmware july 15? seems to help

i use these so i can remotely restart them
https://amcrest.com/amcrest-wifi-smart-plug-ah357.html
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
I've cleaned them with compressed air, but the change was brought by connecting a new PS

On another note, one of my S5 stopped hashing yesterday (no ssh, no web) so I restarted it.

And just after I left the house for a week another stopped reporting on the pool webpage... so it's going to stay like this for a week...

Any idea what can cause it ?

They're all on kano's 4.9 cgminer.

Edit: i'll be offline for 12h or so until I land in SFO
legendary
it is now running on a 1300W PS with another S5:

it seems a bit better after only 1h... time will tell (it's on cgminer 4.9.0)

we are starting to have good weather and today for no reason one of my s5s decided to throw out 25,000 HWE about .19% and it was hashing at only ~500 ghs.. even tho there were no x's and both boards were showing 50c..

i took the fans off and blew out the dust, wow so much dust.. it seems to be running better.. maybe its time for a spring cleaning? dont foreget the psu too.. mine was caked in dust as well.

yeah, everybody forgets about dust in miners after a few months , especially winter. Just cleaning out the dust on the panes of the miner can lower temps drastically. Maybe the temp sensor malfunctioned or died and the miner was tricked into thinking it's running at a good temp, then overheated a bit? If possible try to get a new hashing blade, but it's not worth it at this time as the price for s5 hashing blades is around 150USD.

no im back on track now. my s5 has only 6 hwe and its been running at just over 13 hours..

i was saying for zOU.. maybe its dust. im still running my 2 s5s cause i want as much bitcoin as i can make before the halving.. even tho it costs a few cents a month to run them.

https://www.whattomine.com/asic?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sha256f=true&factor%5Bsha256_hr%5D=1150.0&factor%5Bsha256_p%5D=590.0&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=5.0&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=5.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.11&sort=Revenue&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bleutrade&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=btc_e&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bter&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=c_cex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&commit=Calculate

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!

we are starting to have good weather and today for no reason one of my s5s decided to throw out 25,000 HWE about .19% and it was hashing at only ~500 ghs.. even tho there were no x's and both boards were showing 50c..

i took the fans off and blew out the dust, wow so much dust.. it seems to be running better.. maybe its time for a spring cleaning? dont foreget the psu too.. mine was caked in dust as well.

yeah, everybody forgets about dust in miners after a few months , especially winter. Just cleaning out the dust on the panes of the miner can lower temps drastically. Maybe the temp sensor malfunctioned or died and the miner was tricked into thinking it's running at a good temp, then overheated a bit? If possible try to get a new hashing blade, but it's not worth it at this time as the price for s5 hashing blades is around 150USD.
legendary

unfortunately my 2 s5s are pretty much EOL. they are just at break even with my power costs.. but im going to continue to run them until i get the bitcoin i just spent on my s7 back. should be about 45 more days.
zOU
★ these are stars ★

zOU
★ these are stars ★
I just checked and the PSU I used is a IBM X336 585W Power Supply. IBM PN: 24R2640

So clearly undersized, i'll put back the 835W as it makes no difference:

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
It's not the number of HW errors that matters, but rather the %.  Looks like you have 0.06% HW error which is about what my S5 sees overclocked at 400.  I noticed a drop of about 0.03% when I update to cgminer 4.9.0.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
thx you aaron, I'll try to swap with another PSU

So previous PS was a IBM X3650 835W Redundant Power Supply, I swapped it with another PS and I still have HW errors. (can't remember the name/type/power of the new one and too lazy to go back in the attic)

I'm expecting a 1kW PS this week that I intended to use for 2 S3+ (but they're now running on the IBM PS mentionned above)

So I can use the 1kW for the S5 when it arrives
legendary
one of my 4 S5 is underperforming, it also has quite a lot of HW errors...

the other 3 are hashing fine at 1.15Th/s

I tried the update to 4.9.0 but it makes no differences.
I had a couple of power outages recently so I did not do the upgrade after...
that is alot of hwe.. id check the power supply..
zOU
★ these are stars ★
one of my 4 S5 is underperforming, it also has quite a lot of HW errors...

the other 3 are hashing fine at 1.15Th/s

I tried the update to 4.9.0 but it makes no differences.
I had a couple of power outages recently so I did not do the upgrade after...
legendary
One other thing I noticed, you can restart cgminer after the 4.9.0 update and it won't reset to 4.8.0.  It's only when you do a full reboot of the machine that it reverts back to 4.8.0.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
I've tried 80/50/20 %

And whatever I set, the fan speed reported in the Ui is always 3840 or 4080 rpm...
I noticed (and posted in another thread) that when you update the cgminer on the S5 to 4.9.0 it appears to ignore the user selected manual fan setting and it just runs the fans at whatever speed it wants.

Oh right, I must have missed that !

Thank you Mike Smiley
legendary
I've tried 80/50/20 %

And whatever I set, the fan speed reported in the Ui is always 3840 or 4080 rpm...
I noticed (and posted in another thread) that when you update the cgminer on the S5 to 4.9.0 it appears to ignore the user selected manual fan setting and it just runs the fans at whatever speed it wants.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
I've tried 80/50/20 %

i'm going to try this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13623813
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Thank you.

They're in a large, empty and not insulated attic, so plenty of fresh air and no one to hear the noise.

One of the two is vibrating a bit but I installed a piece of foam under it.

There's no gain in running them to 30C however. My hashrate seem to go down a bit when its too cool. I guess so would electricity usage. Well is you, i'd tone down the fan a bit to reduce strain, unless you expect temps to raise by a lot at some point in the day. Maybe 70% instead of default's i think 80%. I run my down to the minimum though, stock fan goes down to 2400RPM.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Thank you.

They're in a large, empty and not insulated attic, so plenty of fresh air and no one to hear the noise.

One of the two is vibrating a bit but I installed a piece of foam under it.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I have received my 2nd S5 earlier this week.

it is located in the same room (my attic) as my 1st one. (and just beside it)

However I noticed and 6C/10F temperature difference, and they're both "stock" (no additionnal fan, no fan limit)

https://i.imgur.com/rjKduwm.png

If you're asking if this is normal, the answer is yes. They do the paste job sloppy and the sensor is cheap.

Also your temps are really low, you could reduce the fans by quiet a bit to save power/noise.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
I have received my 2nd S5 earlier this week.

it is located in the same room (my attic) as my 1st one. (and just beside it)

However I noticed and 6C/10F temperature difference, and they're both "stock" (no additionnal fan, no fan limit)

legendary
the s5 is read only file system. did you make a new july rom with 4.9.0 in it?

i know NH has one but its the 4/15 firmware not the 7/15
No, I would not know how to do that.

I do not want to use the NH fork, I like it straight from the source.  I don't mind having to install it after reboots, I won't be rebooting it very often.
Pages:
Jump to: