Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 217. (Read 451047 times)

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

Just to confirm again, overclocking WILL void your warranty.

Just remember
...any hardware modification will void Bitmain Warranty Qualification...

Thx- I sent a PM to Bitmain Warranty. They said the same thing.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Guys, I see many of you are overclocking your S5s already. Won't this void your warranty? If not, I'd like to OC mine too. -13 C here... so i can likely get results like mitak64.

Thx. I think mitak64 is right:  "To me it sounds like Bitmain is encouraging us"

Hm, read again the thread title. To me it sounds like Bitmain is encouraging us  Wink

Too bad.
I guess we'll have to stick with the SP20s then  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Just remember
...any hardware modification will void Bitmain Warranty Qualification...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Guys, I see many of you are overclocking your S5s already. Won't this void your warranty? If not, I'd like to OC mine too. -13 C here... so i can likely get results like mitak64.

Thx. I think mitak64 is right:  "To me it sounds like Bitmain is encouraging us"

Hm, read again the thread title. To me it sounds like Bitmain is encouraging us  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
The PSU's I have had great luck are RM1000, EVGA 1300, Lightning 1300.   All work great with bitmain or other miners.

I can vouch for RM1000s, worth every penny. 16AWG and not even remotely close to overheating. I had one at 100% load in 50C and it was perfectly while where other PSUs had all shut down. At 50% load it doesn't even run its fan Shocked

Acknowledging that this is not a major point, have others noticed the plastic side panels tend to be bowed (as opposed to flat)?  I found that with my new units I needed to loosen the forward screws to relax the side panels and allow them to flatten.  Unfortunately, the screws appear to be particularly tight and it's a real challenge to relax them without damaging the Phillips heads.  Perhaps this is something Bitmain production/shipping could take a look at?

Can you fire me over some pictures please and I'll take a look.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Does anyone use 2fan for cooling?

Planning to put on two 1500rpm fans to keep quite this thing.
  dont  waste of money

two of these are the best. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-AFB1212SHE-Computer-Case-Power-Fan-120X120mm-Lot-of-2-/191472588964?pt=US_Computer_Case_Fans&hash=item2c94a7d8a4

my tests with them

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10158497

you can go low with 5.5 volts   to the fans --------------freq 300 990 gh very quiet

or high with 9.2 volts to the fans-------------------------freq 393 1292 gh  10 db less then the stock fan.

Thanks I would have gotten those the only reason I did not is because I want the 4-wire fan not three I want to use the fan header on Controller.

Well now I am stuck with two Silverstone's which will be here Monday 1/19/2015 !!!

It seems 450 is the highest I can go, before performance starts degrading.
At 462 it dropped at 1300GH/s

How many watts are you pulling at 437.5 and 450?

Around 830w-850w at the wall (120v).
My PSU is not very efficient though.
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?

It's time to make an upgrade kits for AntMiner S2 with these new chips... U3 is useless product IMHO.

$39 lottery ticket for a chance to win ~$5k (at current rates). Might be a better choice to buy a real lottery ticket for a chance to win millions...

That said, it will help with the network if every household has one plugged in. Billions of ppl with 63gh each... Well, that will bring the current diff up a couple of times.......
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Is there an S6 Coming out or a S5 upgrade like what they did with the S1 ?

The S5 looks like it can take two more hash boards hmmmm, I see something coming.

It's time to make an upgrade kits for AntMiner S2 with these new chips... U3 is useless product IMHO.

+1  The S2 upgrade got scrapped last time around because BitMain said S2 was still profitable.  With current Difficulty and BitCoin price, not so much anymore.  Would love to see an upgrade kit even if it only filled half the slots but at least provided positive income.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

How many watts are you pulling at 437.5 and 450?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

The S5 looks like it can take two more hash boards hmmmm, I see something coming.

Are we there yet?
Ok........ .. U3 release instead......  Sad
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I'm hoping for a S6... but from what I can remember... they send the boards out to have waterblocks made for them.. so I guess we'll see the C2 first.

S1/S3 to S5 or C2 looks to be an easy root but with the cost of a new controller?

maybe S5 will migrate to C3 format in 3 months time? (4 boards with BM1386 chips)

A 4 board S5 would need a power station of its own!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

dont  waste of money

two of these are the best. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-AFB1212SHE-Computer-Case-Power-Fan-120X120mm-Lot-of-2-/191472588964?pt=US_Computer_Case_Fans&hash=item2c94a7d8a4

my tests with them

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10158497

you can go low with 5.5 volts   to the fans --------------freq 300 990 gh very quiet

or high with 9.2 volts to the fans-------------------------freq 393 1292 gh  10 db less then the stock fan.

Are we there yet?

I'm hoping for a S6... but from what I can remember... they send the boards out to have waterblocks made for them.. so I guess we'll see the C2 first.
Activity: 392

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
I got my units
they are working well, consuming at stock 595W (XFX 850 Bronze)

I am happy with my purchase but sad about btc rate and difficulty.
I will make roi at 2020 with figures above...

glad that i have spend btc for them at rate 280$ Smiley
Are we there yet?
I'm still stuck with the S4....

Bitmain, can we have the S6 with the same design as S4? 4 Hashing boards with PSU. And since the new board is using less power draw, the current PSU in the S4 should be good to go yes? Oh... and fans that can run full RPM 24/7 for us living near or at the equator ie. Singapore....

The Fans in my S4s are dying.. 1 by 1.. Another 2 died today... 4 down so far..  Sad
Jump to: