Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 218. (Read 451047 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
note sure if it has been mentioned for antminers
But, schedueled performance profiles.
In some countries power is cheaper during the night, so a profile that lets you run at one freq during the day, and a different freq during the night - or just in certain timeframes.
Would be very nice.
look into the cron/crontab settings. Its not the most noob0-friendly way to do what you want, but it allows you to setup the system to alter files at set times or intervals. I used it ton an antminer S1 where it had two scheduled tasks:

@10am: save asic-freq as asic-freq-night, rename asic-freq-day to asic-freq, restart the mining process
@5pm: save asic-freq as asic-freq-day, rename asic-freq-night to asic-freq, restart the mining process

asic-freq-night was set to a higher frequency (say 400Mhz) while asic-freq-day was a lower speed (325Mhz).
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
@437.5mhz  Grin
Wow!
Guys, I see many of you are overclocking your S5s already. Won't this void your warranty?
If not, I'd like to OC mine too. -13 C here... so i can likely get results like mitak64.

honestly, overclocking shouldnt break the unit unless you really push it too far and mess it up. It might wreck your warrenty, but most warranty claims for bitmain products relate to DOA or faults that occur within the first 24hrs. an antminer than lives past the first 48hrs of operation should be able to survive for most of its 12month lifespan as long as temperatures stay below 65C averages

try the OC - 437.5MHz is quite extraordinary, but you can likely get 412.5MHz (1.32TH) or maybe 425Mhz

Thx. I think mitak64 is right:  "To me it sounds like Bitmain is encouraging us"
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
@437.5mhz  Grin
Wow!
Guys, I see many of you are overclocking your S5s already. Won't this void your warranty?
If not, I'd like to OC mine too. -13 C here... so i can likely get results like mitak64.

honestly, overclocking shouldnt break the unit unless you really push it too far and mess it up. It might wreck your warrenty, but most warranty claims for bitmain products relate to DOA or faults that occur within the first 24hrs. an antminer than lives past the first 48hrs of operation should be able to survive for most of its 12month lifespan as long as temperatures stay below 65C averages

try the OC - 437.5MHz is quite extraordinary, but you can likely get 412.5MHz (1.32TH) or maybe 425Mhz
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

1.415TH @437.5mhz  Grin

Im amazed you could push it that far - I put my B1 test unoit up against a window drawing in -7C air and it seemed to max out around 1.32TH/412.5MHz. Going to 425MHz knocked hashrate down to around 1.25TH without much increase in the HW error rate.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Hm, read again the thread title.

To me it sounds like Bitmain is encouraging us  Wink

@437.5mhz  Grin

Wow!

Yes, it is sitting at -10C right now.
Activity: 868

@437.5mhz  Grin

Wow low temps too. Is it winter and you have these in your garage or something?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
well i dont know much about price but it seems that the diff raising and the btc devaluing its goes like same mined to all eletrecity
I'm pissed off. My new PSU seems to be delayed. My S5 is just sitting here looking lonely because it can't connect to the outside world.

Ya i hate waiting for deliveries too. Not sure where you live- but I buy my PSUs from Canada Computers and NCIX here in Ottawa. Quite often at CC, i can find an "open box 10 % off deal" on a Corsair or EVGA.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Sent an email to EastHash to see if they might have an S5 compatible CGminer 4.7.0 in the works.
Have received a reply from EastHash suggesting they may have a solution within a couple weeks.  My very definite appreciation if that happens to be the case!
Activity: 434
I'm pissed off. My new PSU seems to be delayed. My S5 is just sitting here looking lonely because it can't connect to the outside world.

i've got one here edinburgh-ish
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Thank you for the suggestion! 

Acknowledging that this is not a major point, have others noticed the plastic side panels tend to be bowed (as opposed to flat)?  I found that with my new units I needed to loosen the forward screws to relax the side panels and allow them to flatten.  Unfortunately, the screws appear to be particularly tight and it's a real challenge to relax them without damaging the Phillips heads.  Perhaps this is something Bitmain production/shipping could take a look at?
Thanks, much appreciated!
Activity: 353
Merit: 251

In some countries power is cheaper during the night, so a profile that lets you run at one freq during the day, and a different freq during the night - or just in certain timeframes.

Would be very nice.

+1

I would like to see this, and also the possibility to change fan control settings!
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Thank you for a good idea!!!!!

Would be very nice.
Activity: 457

Would be very nice.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Thank you for the suggestion! 

Acknowledging that this is not a major point, have others noticed the plastic side panels tend to be bowed (as opposed to flat)?  I found that with my new units I needed to loosen the forward screws to relax the side panels and allow them to flatten.  Unfortunately, the screws appear to be particularly tight and it's a real challenge to relax them without damaging the Phillips heads.  Perhaps this is something Bitmain production/shipping could take a look at?
Activity: 224
https://eloncity.io
Cool beans! I ordered one S5 so that will stay on the Raidmax.
I shall leave the S1 on the 720w Open PSU.
Can't wait for the beast! Grin Grin
Thanks
Jump to: