Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 220. (Read 451047 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Couple notes:
Over 30 units, batch2-4, they seem stable with the jan 7 firmware. Prior to the Jan 7 firmware, we had them dropping a board randomly cutting hashing power in half.
Consistency is pretty decent, although we have 1 unit with an over 10*C spread between the two boards.

Noise is pretty bad. I was looking to run one at home (for heat) but it's quite loud (as everyone else has observed). Has someone actually enclosed the unit (I believe someone mentioned saran wrap earlier) and recorded any results? I'm just not sure it's worth the hassle of replacing the fans for a few decibels quieter noise, especially for the increased cable mess, etc. I wish the firmware gave the option to set fan speed manually, or target temperature. Even at below 50*C it's quite loud, and doesn't seem to reduce the fan speed that much at all.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
let us know what we can do
What can be the problem?Overheat?PSU?
A have a coolermaster V700.
So i'm thinking about the pool, but seems fine.

Well, if it's beeping, it's getting power...

You might have a bad Ethernet cable or connector.
When it does run, you should be able to see the temps on the interface. anything under 60 Celsius is good.

Finnaly!!! Yesterday I've got 24 hours running.Yes my network cable wich comes with the router is messed up,so cheap one.
I have only one fancy cisco cable but thats for the internet modem.
About the PSU: 700W coolermaster V700 modell is fine with 2 cable,cables are warm close the psu then they  cooling down to nothing.
They warm around half an inch at the modular part.
No burning garage.And buy fancy lan cables.
cheers

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
What is the average shipping/delivery time for these units?

3 days to Canada - hard to believe. Very impressed. Used UPS and it cost me ~$75.00 but worth it IMO.

I went with the EMS option. I guess mine might take the full 11-12 days.  Undecided
Holding thumbs there are no issues with the delivery.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Isn't DiffS the stale shares?

I struggled to find anywhere where it was actually spelt out. The closest I found was in the cgminer dossier. There is already a stale column, so if DiffS was just difficulty adjusted stale it would be a basic calculation. And so it would seem weird that it was broken.

Each column is as follows:
A:  The total difficulty of Accepted shares
R:  The total difficulty of Rejected shares
HW:  The number of HardWare errors
WU:  The Work Utility defined as the number of diff1 shares work / minute
     (accepted or rejected).

alternating with:
 ST: 22  SS: 0  NB: 2  LW: 356090  GF: 0  RF: 0

ST is STaged work items (ready to use).
SS is Stale Shares discarded (detected and not submitted so don't count as rejects)
NB is New Blocks detected on the network
LW is Locally generated Work items
GF is Getwork Fail Occasions (server slow to provide work)
RF is Remote Fail occasions (server slow to accept work)
Just look at the S1.
Pool   URL   User   Status   Priority   GetWorks   Accepted   Rejected   Discarded   Stale   Diff   Diff1#   DiffA#   DiffR#   DiffS#   LSDiff   LSTime
It lists A, R, S, and then DiffA, DiffR and DiffS
It's been broken since the S1 days though, I've never seen a stale share on an S1.
*Edit: Nevermind, I looked through mine and I found one that had some stale shares on the backup pool. DiffS was still 0 though.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

3 days to Canada - hard to believe. Very impressed. Used UPS and it cost me ~$75.00 but worth it IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

I struggled to find anywhere where it was actually spelt out. The closest I found was in the cgminer dossier. There is already a stale column, so if DiffS was just difficulty adjusted stale it would be a basic calculation. And so it would seem weird that it was broken.

Each column is as follows:
A:  The total difficulty of Accepted shares
R:  The total difficulty of Rejected shares
HW:  The number of HardWare errors
WU:  The Work Utility defined as the number of diff1 shares work / minute
     (accepted or rejected).

alternating with:
 ST: 22  SS: 0  NB: 2  LW: 356090  GF: 0  RF: 0

ST is STaged work items (ready to use).
SS is Stale Shares discarded (detected and not submitted so don't count as rejects)
NB is New Blocks detected on the network
LW is Locally generated Work items
GF is Getwork Fail Occasions (server slow to provide work)
RF is Remote Fail occasions (server slow to accept work)
legendary
Activity: 1274
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Got my batch 4 miner yesterday and am surprised at the 0 H/W ?
Looks like an error, my unit with a week uptime also has 0. I'll report it now.
Edit: actually I'll get back to you.
mine has insanely low error rates at 362.5MHz. something like 0.0088% if the webUI is true
One of my units has been running three days now @ 375MHz with 0% errors ! Temperature seems to be key to that. Board temps are solidly below 60C, near ~56C.

I think DiffS isn't used, and instead there is a HW row below the pools showing hardware errors.

Yea, you should know Dogie or think you know lol. This guy gets free miners and gets paid by BITMAIN TO SPAM BS all day long!!!

Then when you ask him a REAL Technical easy question He Reply's with a nasty response when you pm him because he don't know!!!

Duh Dogie.

There I did not PM it this time.

?? I've answered 7 of your PMs in full (each with multiple questions), apart from the very last question of the last message because I don't know the answer.

You may open a scam accusation or meta thread if you really think me answering your questions so atrocious. If you have a question to post about the S5 you're more than free to do so here as this is the S5 thread.  Keep it on topic and civil please.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
s5 is the best miner Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Agreed now For an S6 which should be a upgrade kit for S5 with two more hashing boards.
legendary
Activity: 2408
s5 is the best miner Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
mine has insanely low error rates at 362.5MHz. something like 0.0088% if the webUI is true
One of my units has been running three days now @ 375MHz with 0% errors ! Temperature seems to be key to that. Board temps are solidly below 60C, near ~56C.

I think DiffS isn't used, and instead there is a HW row below the pools showing hardware errors.

Yea, you should know Dogie or think you know lol. This guy gets free miners and gets paid by BITMAIN TO SPAM BS all day long!!!

Then when you ask him a REAL Technical easy question He Reply's with a nasty response when you pm him because he don't know!!!

Duh Dogie.

There I did not PM it this time.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Shipping from stock apparently. Ordered a few over the weekend, arriving today to the US (Fedex).
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

EDIT: Full disclosure: Modded units with extra pull fan added, but honestly question whether or not it's making any performance difference at all as the stock fans push an amazing volume of air. Room ambient temp is ~25C.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

It now is showing 1
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com
to how much can the S5 be OCd ?
I tought they first said it can't be OCd at all ?

Its not guaranteed but there may be a small amount of headroom. You won't get the headroom like on previous generations as there is no voltage control.

Anyone overclock on a CX750(not m)?

If your unit is overclockable, a CX750 will do it fine.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So.. I've tried to search this, but I haven't seen anything on it. I have a new S5.  It seems to run fine. Every once in awhile, though, maybe every day or two, I will see that it is running at half efficiency.. in the 500-600 GH/s rate. I go into to miner configuration and hit save and apply without changing the settings.. and it goes back to 1150-1200 GH/s. Sometimes it stays for a day or so.. sometimes it stays for an hour. Is this a faulty power supply or a firmware glitch..? Anyone else seeing this happen?

I'm seeing the same thing on my 1 S5.  Frustrating.  Sometimes a save and apply click in the configuration page works for a full day or two.  Sometimes only a half hour.

Hoping there's a firmware fix coming to fix this. In the mean time is there any provision for a periodic reboot built in?

Yes, its a known issue and will get fixed soonTM. Current solutions are timers on the PSU to hard reboot [harsh], or software monitor's like M's to issue soft reboots on hashrate drop. Soft reboots won't always fix it depending on which exact issue you get though.
Jump to: