Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 240. (Read 451048 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Just got S5 and it is hashing steady.  The noise is not bad.  From the reviews I thought it was going to be much louder.  Its a higher pitch for sure, its small in size and not really overwhelming.  I have one setup in my bedroom and don't think it will be a problem.  
I'd suggest you get your hearing checked.

Mine is in the sub level basement garage of my apartment building, and anyone who walks down to the basement garage can hear it (my garage is the furthest away in the basement)

dB readings:
Standing outside my garage door - 7meters from it - garage door, car, a wall of boxes between me and the S5: 59dB
1meter direct line of sight from the S5: 69dB
1foot above the S5: 77dB

The heat sink exit metal temp reading is only 39degress - so maybe the fan is over compensating? ...

I agree fan is set too high  at  each of the temps.  unit seems very stable under 60c temp  readings .

the fan is set to try to keep the unit at lower temps  then you need.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Just got S5 and it is hashing steady.  The noise is not bad.  From the reviews I thought it was going to be much louder.  Its a higher pitch for sure, its small in size and not really overwhelming.  I have one setup in my bedroom and don't think it will be a problem. 

Mine is in the sub level basement garage of my apartment building, and anyone who walks down to the basement garage can hear it (my garage is the furthest away in the basement)

dB readings:
Standing outside my garage door - 7meters from it - garage door, car, a wall of boxes between me and the S5: 59dB

The heat sink exit metal temp reading is only 39degress - so maybe the fan is over compensating? ...

Noise levels are relative for different people. I worked 5m away from an SP10 for 14 hours a day for about 4 months so I have a different reference frame then say someone who has only ever had an ASICMiner Cube.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
My S5 is mining away at a little over 1.1THs on default settings at my pool https://www.kano.is/ working fine Smiley
(600W on a Seasonic 1200 Platinum)

Great thanks to the cgminer development team for their outstanding contribution to the bitcoin community.

Did you implement the fix ckolivas made into the newer firmware?

Ta  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Just got S5 and it is hashing steady.  The noise is not bad.  From the reviews I thought it was going to be much louder.  Its a higher pitch for sure, its small in size and not really overwhelming.  I have one setup in my bedroom and don't think it will be a problem. 

dB readings:

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
If you (or somebody else) has a couple which are not needed, I would love to get them

Who got S5 coupons? Which customers do they issue those to?

Are you sure there is such a thing? I saw they dropped the price on the s5, but I haven't seen any coupons.

Their are coupons I already gave two of mine away... Coupons for something a person has already bought is not a good compensations for price drops IMO .

Then for the bad news Sad ... One of my two S5s showed up with a dead blade , and thus the back and forth with tech support begins.. I have tried both a Corsair RM 850 and also tried a RM 1000 .. In BOTH cases blade one shows all x's after about two or three min of up time.. The whole chain for blade one goes dead.. The blade has power and the red light in the card is lit.. Looks like it may be just a bad blade.. The second blade hashes great but that gives the unit a total of about 550 GHs .. I'm running 100% stock no over clocking or anything ..
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
My S5 is mining away at a little over 1.1THs on default settings at my pool https://www.kano.is/ working fine Smiley
(600W on a Seasonic 1200 Platinum)

Great thanks to the cgminer development team for their outstanding contribution to the bitcoin community.

Activity: 261
Merit: 257
When tested on the network, each antminer S5 shows three services.
What is this? The only other thing that shows services is the router.
Other miners (SP20, for example) do not show any services, so it is not the ethernet connection.
Can anybody confirm that they also see network services from S5 and what could they be?
Probably SSH(port 22) WebUI(port 80) and cgminer API(port 4028).
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Other miners (SP20, for example) do not show any services, so it is not the ethernet connection.
Can anybody confirm that they also see network services from S5 and what could they be?
perhaps some API functions relating to minerlink?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Activity: 556
Yes, I wonder what the new firmware will fix.
After running over night, I notice a large increase in rejects from my pool, Westhash. Any idea what if anything can be done?

Rejects are the red tips. You can see where I turned on the S5 and then later decommissioned the S3s.

Did you load your S3s with the cgminer 4.7/extranonoce.subscribe patch found on their website? If you did then that explains why the reject rate was almost nonexistent with those units. Without the patch (indicated with the green check on your Westhash status page) your miner will have a higher reject rate. I do not see a patch for the S5 units yet.
No, I never messed with the S3 firmware but they were from later batches. If it ain't broke don't fix it... I didn't want to mess with it. Guess I should have "fixed it." Guess I'll wait for the S5 fix.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
After running over night, I notice a large increase in rejects from my pool, Westhash. Any idea what if anything can be done?

Rejects are the red tips. You can see where I turned on the S5 and then later decommissioned the S3s.

Did you load your S3s with the cgminer 4.7/extranonoce.subscribe patch found on their website? If you did then that explains why the reject rate was almost nonexistent with those units. Without the patch (indicated with the green check on your Westhash status page) your miner will have a higher reject rate. I do not see a patch for the S5 units yet.
Activity: 226
downloads as tftp.tar… different from what I expected.. not positive if there is a new process involved to install this firmware .

Just tested it. It downloads ok as SD-S5-20150107.tar.gz

Edit: https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-S5-20150107.tar.gz

Works now thanks, the update didn't fix my issue ..

interesting development… after the update and a short time of running the unit is now hashing correctly … don't know how the firmware brought it back to life but for now its breathing ...
Activity: 556

Activity: 175

Wondering what they fix... No information at all.
Some people have reported a need to restart the unit after less than a day of running due to a blade freezing up and not hashing. That was was one issue.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?

Wondering what they fix... No information at all.
downloads as tftp.tar… different from what I expected.. not positive if there is a new process involved to install this firmware .

Are we there yet?

I don't have a S5 but just thought to let you guys know Bitmain released a new firmware for the S5

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720150101032800325X8cMcY2y068F

Not sure if they have already mentioned it earlier.

Are we there yet?
I don't have a S5 but just thought to let you guys know Bitmain released a new firmware for the S5

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720150101032800325X8cMcY2y068F

Not sure if they have already mentioned it earlier.
Jump to: