Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 256. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I've another 2 small questions.. If someone could answer me please (sorry for being noob).

1) If you buy it you only need to buy a  PSU and then connect to the antminer right, follow tutos and then you'll get your estimated hashes right ? You  don't need to do anything more?

2) Btw, I've seen that Amp suggested are 70A (So would be a problem if you connect this item into your home at some room ?

Thanks in advance
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
If you buy now units, how much will take to get shipped? 1 Month maybe , more-less ?

Plus, want to know, how much would cost to ship to spain ? Thanks

Go to bitmaintech.com, add to cart, put in your shipping address and it will tell you exactly.  If you order today, you can still get January 8 ship date.
Activity: 55
If you buy now units, how much will take to get shipped? 1 Month maybe , more-less ?

Plus, want to know, how much would cost to ship to spain ? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
If only S5 was in the same case like SP20... Or like S3...

personally, i don't care, but closed case looks more 'retailish', I agree.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
@Bitmain

Are You will be sale bare BM1384 chips?
On what conditions, if Yes?

[Sorry if that question was already answered in topic]

PM Bitmain, then PM me if you don't get a reply after a few days and I'll bump them. Quite a few people heading off on holiday for a few days now.
Activity: 476
Merit: 262
EOSABC
@Bitmain

Are You will be sale bare BM1384 chips?
On what conditions, if Yes?

[Sorry if that question was already answered in topic]
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
If only S5 was in the same case like SP20... Or like S3...
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
RASKUL's S5 REVIEW

please navigate via the link below to read my independent review of the Antminer S5.

http://rgsneddon.thescribe.eu/#post117

synopsis
A good little miner which worked right out of the box and hashes at the stable advertised rate.

The ultimate question...

Q. Would I recommend it?
A.Yes, I would recommend this miner.

Raskul I agree it is a good miner I will read your review. I read it and it is fair and accurate.  Here is my review

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s-5-review-it-has-arrived-some-info-is-in-907219

cats and dogs living in peace...(these two are on one 110/120V 15A circuit)
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
RASKUL's S5 REVIEW

please navigate via the link below to read my independent review of the Antminer S5.

synopsis
A good little miner which worked right out of the box and hashes at the stable advertised rate.

The ultimate question...

Q. Would I recommend it?
A.Yes, I would recommend this miner.

Raskul I agree it is a good miner I will read your review. I read it and it is fair and accurate.  Here is my review

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s-5-review-it-has-arrived-some-info-is-in-907219
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
RASKUL's S5 REVIEW

synopsis

The ultimate question...

Q. Would I recommend it?
A.Yes, I would recommend this miner. meh.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
^^ Thats a good deal but still currently have to pay 60%+ in fees :/
Activity: 11
Happy New Year, Good Deals
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

New Year Crazy Sales!

While the boss is relaxing on holiday, we can have some fun of our own Grin

0.5BTC per Th/s Sale is now at  HASHNEST while he's not watching, Crazily click HERE

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
I would go for the 750w as its always safer to use bigger wattage PSU
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Took the plunge and ordered a couple of Batch 3 S5s this morning  Grin. Is anyone running 2 on an EVGA 1300 G2? If so, what is the power draw at the wall?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Awesome, thanks for the confirm.

Second question, for sure helpful for me, may be helpful for others. I plan on picking up several S5's to run at home. Have seen the Good News about overclocking potential of ~1400GH. All things considered, which power supply would you use to run your S5? 1st 2nd and 3rd choices, please. All Corsair PSUs:

1x HX850W
1x HX750W
3x CX750W
2x CX600
3x CX500M

Bitmain says 590W at the wall. As listed, they are pretty much in 1st 2nd and 3rd choice order now, yes?

Appreciate the feedback.

its unlikely 1400GH can be done at 12V, might require 13V and a lot of cold air.
however, 1300GH is possible, and would draw something like 650-675W at the PSU. CX750W is bronze rated i think, so you would really cut it close. the HX650W is gold i think and should be a better option.

I found 387.5MHz should draw around 610-630W, and was capable of tripping my CS650M PSU (612.5W of 12V rail) after about 10 minutes of mining.
Activity: 51
Speaking of power at the wall. Has anyone done any tests to see what power is being pulled at the wall? And if so, what kind of 80 Plus rating and wattage does your PSU have. Just wondering at what efficiency and % load that Bitmain got 590W at the wall?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
S5 Question - possibly noob question apologies if this has been covered.

"PSU: A power supply unit is not included, and you will need to provide an ATX PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input and all four are required. Do not connect more than one PSU to the same hashing board."

A CX500M has two PCI-E plugs. True or false, a single S5 could be powered by two 500W PSUs as long as you don't cross streams. One PSU per board.

I have a number of Corsair PSU's, several with enough power and enough PCI-E plugs to run an S5. As I have a number of lower power PSUs that only have 2x PCI-E outs, can I utilize two PSUs to run a single S5?

Thats not a problem in using smaller PSUs, but isn't the CX500M using both off one cable strand? Although if you're proposing to use 2x for 1x S5 then that's not a problem.

Second question, for sure helpful for me, may be helpful for others. I plan on picking up several S5's to run at home. Have seen the Good News about overclocking potential of ~1400GH. All things considered, which power supply would you use to run your S5? 1st 2nd and 3rd choices, please. All Corsair PSUs:

1x HX850W
1x HX750W
3x CX750W
2x CX600
3x CX500M

Bitmain says 590W at the wall. As listed, they are pretty much in 1st 2nd and 3rd choice order now, yes?

Appreciate the feedback.

If you bring down the clock speeds just a teeny bit, you should be able to fit 2x S5s onto a RM1000. Those things are beastly and do go a bit over 1000W. Else you have to drop down to CX750Ms (best for future miners and other wise best choices after RM1000). See the PSUs link in my sig for more info comparing them.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

1x HX850W
1x HX750W
3x CX750W
2x CX600
3x CX500M

Appreciate the feedback.
Activity: 51
S5 Question - possibly noob question apologies if this has been covered.

"PSU: A power supply unit is not included, and you will need to provide an ATX PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input and all four are required. Do not connect more than one PSU to the same hashing board."

A CX500M has two PCI-E plugs. True or false, a single S5 could be powered by two 500W PSUs as long as you don't cross streams. One PSU per board.

I have a number of Corsair PSU's, several with enough power and enough PCI-E plugs to run an S5. As I have a number of lower power PSUs that only have 2x PCI-E outs, can I utilize two PSUs to run a single S5?

Correct. The 4 pci-express are grouped in 2's so you can easily see which 2 are on the same board. You can just plug one 500W PSU into one board with your 2 PCI-E 6-pin connectors and the same for the other board with an additional PSU.
Jump to: