Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 257. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
S5 Question - possibly noob question apologies if this has been covered.

"PSU: A power supply unit is not included, and you will need to provide an ATX PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input and all four are required. Do not connect more than one PSU to the same hashing board."

A CX500M has two PCI-E plugs. True or false, a single S5 could be powered by two 500W PSUs as long as you don't cross streams. One PSU per board.

I have a number of Corsair PSU's, several with enough power and enough PCI-E plugs to run an S5. As I have a number of lower power PSUs that only have 2x PCI-E outs, can I utilize two PSUs to run a single S5?
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
There is no air coming from the core of the fan and it seems like there is 1/4 of the air being thrown in the open back side of the board,  Seems inefficient and rushed.

They use the same design as the S3 but without a heatsink in the back. Closing some of that part from the front fan would increase airflow in the center.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

The S5 has some serious overclocking potential! 1.3TH seems to not be a problem and 1.4TH may be possible. (and its likely that efficiency will not change significantly)

With cold enough air intake (-7C) I could achieve 412.5MHz for around 1.36TH, but going beyond i lost hashrate even with lots of cold air, showing a limit at 12V.
I've actually switched the fan to 5V w/o PWM and with 10C at the intake temps stay around 62C at 375MHz/1.22TH and noise is actually very managable, just a bit louder than a maxed-out S1. but the PWM controller drives it at twice that, and is too loud for home use.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.

The S5 has some serious overclocking potential! 1.3TH seems to not be a problem and 1.4TH may be possible. (and its likely that efficiency will not change significantly)
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Bitmain any info on how to change the webgui password and login via SSH?
SSH is root/admin because of the beaglebone. There is no asic-freq.conf file, instead the cgminer.conf includes the frequency instructions. I poked around a bit and there doesnt seem to be much to play with in SSH other than crontab
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
If you want to greatly reduce the dust intake on the S5, this might just be the item (to substitute with the front fan grill).  http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-Filter-Cooling-FF123B/dp/B00ARB5E8U/ref=pd_sim_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=17TF269TN9NWFT2XP716

bad idea. those things are fine for up to maybe 100CFM, but its gonna make the S5 fan work really hard and extremely loudly to pull lots of air through it. Honestly dust wont hurt the S5, I ran S1 units for months in a dusty area and despite some lint buildup that made them run louder, the ASICs were unnaffected
Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
Bitmain any info on how to change the webgui password and login via SSH?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Yea...

Got my first batch of S5's - 48 of them.  Have configured and turned on the first 22 today, will do the rest tomorrow.  So far batting 100% success on them.. Hashing happily - Connected to a DPS-2000 with 3 miners connected to each.  Running 240v into the PSU's with the wonderful power rate of .047c/kw Smiley

I'll keep people up to date with the success - you can rent them at MMR - look for Technology Geeks servers.

Thanks Yoshi for all the help getting these in quickly.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
If you want to greatly reduce the dust intake on the S5, this might just be the item (to substitute with the front fan grill).  http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-Filter-Cooling-FF123B/dp/B00ARB5E8U/ref=pd_sim_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=17TF269TN9NWFT2XP716
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

This could be the info that changes my mind to go ahead and pull the trigger on a couple of these S5s to replace my two S3s.

if you have cooler air for the intake and can handle the noise, then yeah theres definitely some room to overclock. 400MHz seems to be no sweat with a pair of 650W PSUs (I was achieving 387.5MHz on a single 650W gold (612W limit on 12v) without tripping the supply, but cables were warm so i brought in a 2nd PSU to go further
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Sorry for the noob question, but: If I order a small quantity of these units
to the US from the bitmaintech store, will I have to pay some kind of import
duties or taxes?

Back in 1998 when I imported modchips, I was told anything over $200 was subject to taxes/duties.  I heard that level increased but I'm not 100% sure.  I always ask the seller to declare the value as less than $200...most will do it for you.

I got one of my S5's up and so far its doing good.  Very loud though.  Have to re-consider where I'm gonna put the second one due to the fan noise.  Averaging 1144 GH/s after 25min.  Fan 3960. Temps: 51/58.  PSU is Corsair CX750M.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

This could be the info that changes my mind to go ahead and pull the trigger on a couple of these S5s to replace my two S3s.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
duties or taxes?

no china is part of the big boy club called WTO.  That is why 95% of everything in your house is made in china.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

Crypto is King.
It is cool in the states right now Smiley Theoretically, you could place it near a window or something of the sorts. I remember in the 'pics of your rigs!' thread, one guy put his miners outside in a Rubbermaid tote and ran the wires secured. All while it was snow covered. Lol! Efficiency at it's finest!
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
duties or taxes?
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
The temperature measurements are relative to the type/location of sensor being used, but you're right 60C is pretty cool still.

With a temp gun I'm reading about 75c on the back of the boards (the side without the heatsink).

Im finding the temperature readings of the device are less than they *could* be. Using -3C inlet air, the air blowing at 3000RPM through the heatsink comes out at less than 25C. Connecting to the board's PWM jumps to insane speeds like 3850RPM though.

ps: built a shroud of packing tape and put the fan on a 7V source to keep it slow around 3000RPM. Board temps are 53/45 running at 375MHz (about 1.24TH)
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
MMM I bet batch 3 will be nice and tasty Tongue

So did I read correctly? Water cooling is in the works for the S5 later batches? How long will this take (estimated)?

would be easy. the PCB screwholes are laid out identical to the S1 and S3 as far as i can tell. you could strap S5 boards to a C1 probably
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
 Grin Grin Grin

i was sitting by the pool in my hotel today and wishing the exact opposite.

Grin
Crypto is King.
MMM I bet batch 3 will be nice and tasty Tongue

So did I read correctly? Water cooling is in the works for the S5 later batches? How long will this take (estimated)?
Jump to: