Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 281. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Warning:  Just received PM from Author named "BITMAINE".  Seems very suspicious and has -6 trust rating.  If this is truly a BitMain account, please verify.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Dang. I really hope he used an isolation transformer. That's a buttload of chips too.

Novak and I were chuckling earlier today, wondering how long it would take for someone to ground-isolate and stack three server PSUs, and stack four S5 in series to get 9V per machine. The only problem there will be ground loops on the ethernet cables causing your switches to explode, but it could be interesting nonetheless.
You shouldn't get ground loops. Ethernet is magnetically isolated on the conductors, so as long as you don't use a shielded cable and there isn't big AC voltage swings, you should be ok.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
I might have missed it somewhere, but what kind of PSU would you need to get the 0.2J/GH? Not only type, but specific products?
Activity: 89
Dang!  Missed the sale too.  Bitmain - how about opening up another short sale so I can get an order in before the new year?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
What power supply will be good for this? No info on BMT about how many Ampers must go in PCIe line. And miner needs 590W ? So we need about 700W PSU..

The Cooler Master G750M is a good cheap option. But if you want some peace of mind you should probably go for something like the Corsair RM850. There might be cheaper options out there, but if you are using it in your home you should be pretty sure you go for a safe option.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Time is money. You knew that. )
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
damn Batch 1 sold out already.... I shouldn't have gone to sleep.

Whats the word on Batch 2
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Since most of good PSUs are able to keep the efficiency factor high enough at load level less than 80% (IMHO) - so here is the formula for you to  roughly calculate necessary wattage of PSU. 590/0.8=737 Wt. So I would choose 700-750 Wt PSU for S5. 800+ Wt for overclocking.

As I read last several days in PSU reviews, often 12V lines are "virtual" - at hardware level there is ONE 12V line. ) But nevertheless the common recommendation is to choose PSU with single 12V line.

And after all above - look at the price and at the warranty period.  Cool
Sem
Activity: 93
What power supply will be good for this? No info on BMT about how many Ampers must go in PCIe line. And miner needs 590W ? So we need about 700W PSU..
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

now, first batch of S5 sold out in 12 hours. good luck to you guys.

Nope, not sold out.
Let me put it to you: BMT are unsure about the stability of the S5 and they have only sold a few to test RMA requests.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they can beat SP-Tech 1 (one) voluntary RMA in Thousands...

Cheesy

dude, you are really working hard here, I hope you get your free sample of sp20.

I don't accept free units, all of my miners are paid for. thanks for your concern.

then you are really stupid.

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO ADDRESS ME IN SUCH A MANNER?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

Nope, not sold out.
Let me put it to you: BMT are unsure about the stability of the S5 and they have only sold a few to test RMA requests.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they can beat SP-Tech 1 (one) voluntary RMA in Thousands...

Cheesy

dude, you are really working hard here, I hope you get your free sample of sp20.

I don't accept free units, all of my miners are paid for. thanks for your concern.

then you are really stupid if you are doing it for free.

Nope, not sold out.

Cheesy

legendary

Nope, not sold out.

Cheesy

Nope, not sold out.

Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
only see the wrong design from the very first SP20 .  There should be a 8x PCI-E.
true. maxing out power rating for the socket is very wrong decision
Please continue SP20 related technical discussions in our thread.
The manufacture takes 20% margines over the 288 Watt rating.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
only see the wrong design from the very first SP20 .  There should be a 8x PCI-E.
true. maxing out power rating for the socket is very wrong decision
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

Tupsu, you seem to have a requirement to post only half of the story across many threads. The problem was caused by user error, as you can see here:

2 is many treads?
I posted here, and  to your personal  S5 topic
I do not see user error.
you can see the problem. the user put the wrong cables.

Not my thread, I'll be quick. You can continue in our thread.
The design is correct, each Molex connector is rated up to 288 Watt. We've tested much higher. Note that it's PSU output rating, not "at the wall".
We offered the customer RMA freely to investigate, he refuses out of " fairness", since he belives the problem is with his cables.
It's the first and only reported incident.

Guy
legendary
Merit: 1003

Tupsu, you seem to have a requirement to post only half of the story across many threads. The problem was caused by user error, as you can see here:

2 is many treads?
I posted here, and  to your personal  S5 topic
I do not see user error.
you can see the problem. the user put the wrong cables.

only see the wrong design from the very first SP20 .  There should be a 8x PCI-E.
legendary

bitmain bashing   ✓
new thread about s5 concerns ✓
spoondoo signature ✓

Jump to: