Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 283. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 12
will there be an upgrade kit for the s1's and s2's?Huh?

I hope so. I'd like a bunch of upgrade kits for my S1's
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
BITMAIN, how often do you update the bitcoin/usd price on your site? current price is 334-335, and your ticker is stuck at 328. for a large order, that makes a hefty difference. i placed an order, and i didn't realize your bitcoin price ticker was not being updated...  Huh Huh Undecided
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
just wondering if the different options will now ship directly into canada. i'm looking for the option that includes the duty fees into the cost of the miners. so i dont get hit with any unexpected costs.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?

Just don't buy ...let the other people - like me -  experiment for now ...  Wink

It's my Christmas' gift ... Grin

ZiG

Well, even if it run perfectly well for you, unless you're situated in Singapore where the season are hot, hotter and hottest, there is definitely more chance of a chip failure for where I am. Unless I host them at a NOC but I like to feel and touch my miners. I've got a fetish.  Grin
ZiG
Activity: 406
Damn it. I really want to buy but but but but... too many buts.

Someone please help convience me.

Just don't buy ...let the other people - like me -  experiment for now ...  Wink

It's my Christmas' gift ... Grin

ZiG
Are we there yet?
Damn it. I really want to buy but but but but... too many buts.

Someone please help convience me.
ZiG
What about letting me use some of these S3 coupons I have laying around?

How about using the S4 coupons. LOL. I'll buy a container load.

Me too...+ pretty Chinese girl inside ... Grin

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
That's why I've asked about parallel current paths (like the FETs on Prismas and such), which can pick up the load slack if a chip drops out. Of course, you also need to not have daisychained comms for that to work perfectly.
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.

Got those as well.
Are we there yet?
Another thing that really worries me is the chained design. Does it mean if one chip fails, the whole board fails?

So instead of getting 00XX0X00 we get -----------------?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Hi, there will be two kinds of possible fails. Both are possible.

But string design makes the PCB very simple, which left far more less possible reasons for the hardware to go wrong. That is what we have seen in the S3++, a private batch which use chained design with BM1382 chip.

Thank you for your reply. But like you said, there is still a chance of failure. With the current S4 for example. Even if one chip is completely dead. I can still use it. But with the chained design if one chip goes silent, that's it. End of story.

I like the power efficiency but your price tag.. and the chance of having one miner out of action just because of 1 single chip... I don't know, it's nagging me in my head...
Are we there yet?

Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
only ~$40 per unit shipping UPS to US if you order three.

$84.66 for 2 x S5 to FL, USA... Grin

ZiG

yep, the more you order, the less you pay per unit for shipping. I priced in 6 units, then they are ~$27-28 each shipping, but would like to see if these are reliable.
ZiG
only ~$40 per unit shipping UPS to US if you order three.

$84.66 for 2 x S5 to FL, USA... Grin

ZiG
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Another thing that really worries me is the chained design. Does it mean if one chip fails, the whole board fails?

Hi, there will be two kinds of possible fails. Both are possible.

But string design makes the PCB very simple, which left far more less possible reasons for the hardware to go wrong. That is what we have seen in the S3++, a private batch which use chained design with BM1382 chip.
Are we there yet?

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
Would be nice if units could be sold by UK reseller and gets stock in cheap and no Import duties as would like to buy some of these S5 however would kill me on import duties and tax.

Get your units hosted somewhere in the US.. There are plenty of places offering hosting..

Are we there yet?
In Beijing Time's this afternoon, we will issue it, thanks!

Any coupons for us customers that purchased before?

At US$900 including shipping (for a pair), the S4 is still a better buy with the coupons. I like the S4 as it comes with a PSU. Many will disagree with me but I hate having a ton of wires running around the place. The S4 is neat with only 2 cables. 1 in 1 out.

Yes. Power efficiency is better but (even if I have a PILE of PSU) add the cost of a PSU, way too expensive. The gain is not inviting unless you're running a megafarm, then the cost of electricy even if reduced by 1cent is alot.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
oops...  Same condition.

Limited 90-Day Warranty

This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada and grants specific legal rights, it does not extend to owners of the product other than to the original owner. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

UK another warranty conditions or .. no warranty at all?
Jump to: