Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 276. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Also, it is actually more expensive, to ship within EU, than from bitmains current location, if you calculate per km shipped, so if they would save 20% on bulk shipping to the eu, then besides warehouse, and staffing, shipping from within eu would inflate the price to a higher level than they already are, i personly see no cost savings, for neither bitmain, nor any eu customer.

Your analysis is perfect for a corner-shop, not an internationally successfull business like that of bitmain. There are financial incentives to having a base in the EU that you never take into account because your analysis is blinded by this overhead / corner-shop mentality. Honestly, I wonder why I keep trying ..
Activity: 420
Merit: 260
'absolutely promising chip in world'...

this is yet another long scam by serial scammers

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

be advised these scammers are well known to employ Multiple shills & sock puppet accounts promoting their dangerous hardware & exploitative vaporware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

What is the scam? I realize that the string design is a big risk and the price is too high for current difficulty. But people should  know this and if they choose to buy that is their risk. Right?  Huh

have you not followed these dogs' progress over the past 18 months?

false promises, lies, deception are but 3 of the serious failings of bitmain and his 'team'

there are PLENTY more reasons to completely avoid throwing your money away on hopes and co-ordinated BS!

ask 'dogie' & 'bitmain warranty' - they are fully aware (but rewarded to mislead)

I  have an S3+ and I know it's shortcomings and all the crappy half baked versions for the firmware they have released. I just learned never to load them unless I need them. I have Nov Firmware and It works and hashes and makes bitcoin. It has some issues but from what I have seen this industry is full of them and most people still seem willing to take the risk. The S5 does not look like a good design and probably will fail in impressive fashion but anybody with sense can see that. Let the lemmings buy batch 1 and see how it performs. But still I think people can make up their own mind about this stuff since we do have very few choices of hardware for mining. Just my 2 sats.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

be advised these scammers are well known to employ Multiple shills & sock puppet accounts promoting their dangerous hardware & exploitative vaporware

What is the scam? I realize that the string design is a big risk and the price is too high for current difficulty. But people should  know this and if they choose to buy that is their risk. Right?  Huh

have you not followed these dogs' progress over the past 18 months?

false promises, lies, deception are but 3 of the serious failings of bitmain and his 'team'

there are PLENTY more reasons to completely avoid throwing your money away on hopes and co-ordinated BS!

ask 'dogie' & 'bitmain warranty' - they are fully aware (but rewarded to mislead)
Loading up LD3 containers is always cheaper than UPS.  I am surprised Bitmain (or other suppliers) don't do this.  

By the way, I used to pay over $1,000,000 a year to UPS for shipping, so I know how low they can go.   UPS can never ship 100 shipment (with 100 customs clearances - the real hidden cost in all of this) cheaper than 1 air freight shipment with 1 customs clearance (with the same amount of goods as the 100 orders).  

Personally, I think BitMain just focuses on other things and hasn't put the energy into making this happen (which is fine if they have more pressing things).  However, if you can move weight, air freight then UPS (or whoever) to deliver in country will always be cheaper.  I havnt looked into prices lately, but our rate was about $900 for each LD3 moving 1/3 of the way around the globe.  This is for 1500 KG, so you are talking about $2.00 to ship a S5 across the world.  UPS will not move a S5 any distance for $2.00, let alone across the world.  

BitMain - I or someone else can make it happen, look into it!! Smiley

Hear that! At last, someone who knows what they are talking about!

What a fantastic x-mas present that is @dance191 ! You are a breath of fresh air in this stale environment jam-packed with people spouting their ignorance and passing it off as fact. @dogie and such like - EAT THAT!

Problem is the reasons listed a few posts back: it costs a lot of money and time to setup a warehouse in EU which will likely need 4-7 locals to staff it at minimum. Shipping from china is already available to them at a reasonable price and does not include the 12month contract risks and unknowns of a new office in a new country.

Always disappointing to hear such flimsy arguments ..... all I'll say is, if you do not have anything to say, do not say it.

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
there are cost savings to be made which would cover those overheads

What cost savings?

no, there are no cost savings, they are just stringing you along...

Cheesy
* raskul thinks he's funny.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Thank you for your analysis!

Also, it is actually more expensive, to ship within EU, than from bitmains current location, if you calculate per km shipped, so if they would save 20% on bulk shipping to the eu, then besides warehouse, and staffing, shipping from within eu would inflate the price to a higher level than they already are, i personly see no cost savings, for neither bitmain, nor any eu customer.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
You can make up theoretical numbers all you want but it doesn't work out. Miners have to be sent via air which doesn't hold significant bulk discounts compared to a few units vs a pallet at a time. You've then got to pay EU to customer shipping again, AND more overheads, AND the lost mining revenue from the 2 day delay to get to the customer. If you really think its a good idea then you're more than free to open a UK shop and try and sell.

I am not making up any theoretical numbers, just stating what i think is a plausible argument for a bitmain EU operation. It may indeed be a bit over your head since you've failed to grasp the basics of my arguments if you are still refering to "lost days". Someone with real clout at bitmain may understand what I am saying.

Problem is the reasons listed a few posts back: it costs a lot of money and time to setup a warehouse in EU which will likely need 4-7 locals to staff it at minimum. Shipping from china is already available to them at a reasonable price and does not include the 12month contract risks and unknowns of a new office in a new country.

its a market suited to local resellers with a knowledge of the market and ideally the ability to run 40kW+ of equipment when waiting for sales orders to ship out.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Employ a single person without an office and company to act as middleman? Not sure if it's against the law, but there's still cost of salary + cost of shipping miners to that person.
Having the miners go to EU by ship? Maybe, but you will get your miners 1 month later than everyone else.
The cost of shipping large batches of goods should be significantly lower than if you ship separate packages to separate people...
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps
To argue that it takes longer to ship within the EU than it is from China to the EU is, in the light of day, as counter-intuitive as it is ignorant. All it takes is planning ahead.
It would take longer to ship from China to EU Reseller to Customer than from China direct to customer.
If you did not plan ahead, yes. But look at where we are at with the S5 right now. From what I glean from this thread, they have adequate capacity and have already commenced production. So if they shipped the batch destined for EU customers in bulk yesterday, they'd be at their re-seller by tomorow.

Now do you wish to argue it will take longer to ship within the EU on / before the 27th to the EU than it would be if they were shipped from China on / before the 27th ? It is a no brainer on all levels if you choose to look at it from the perspective that it deserves.

There have been Bitmain resellers in the EU since the S1, they all charged more than buying direct from Bitmain.
Buying miners from retailers is always going to be a bad idea Between the infinite number of scams on the internet (that cannot be called out in the same way they can be on here) to the fact that retailers generally charge a markup even after they have been receiving mining revenue while they are held in inventory, buying from a retailer is going to be NPV negative
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?
What cost savings?

By building a manufacturing plant in EU? Nope. Cost will rocket.
Employ a single person without an office and company to act as middleman? Not sure if it's against the law, but there's still cost of salary + cost of shipping miners to that person.
Having the miners go to EU by ship? Maybe, but you will get your miners 1 month later than everyone else.
What cost savings?

You've already demonstrated and expressed your refusal to address my postion properly, so I wonder whether I'd be wasting my "breath" answering that ... but look at my previous posts where I have clearly explained that.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

What cost savings?
I'm not comparing markets. Just stating the fact that no matter where they open up. Be it in the northpole or southpole, there will be overheads. Cost that will be potientially past on to ALL customers. So instead of seeing US$415 per S5, you could be looking at $550 (I'm plucking figures off the air) per S5. I don't see any other manufacturer with a satalite office, do you?

I'll rather they stick to as low cost as they can so that everyone gets to pay a lower price. I pay GST (7%) too when I import stuffs to Singapore, not as high as yours but that's your country. Should one day Singapore decided to change GST to 40% I'll still have to pay 40%, or I could complain all I want to the gov and still pay 40%.
See that is where you missed my point in your zeal to counter argue your position. No one denies the existance of overheads, but my argument is /was that there are cost savings to be made which would cover those overheads. Ofcourse, this is dependent on the margins on individual units which are driven by volumes, which I argue, are adequate in the EU market to justify a resident operation.

Again, no one is complaining about the rate of import duties payable (which VAT is classified as on imported items) ....
Are we there yet?
Every satellite office out of their origin country will incur overheads no matter how you look at it. Even if sales is plenty in that region. I would think especially so for miners as they have a very short time span to sell them before a new one comes around.

I would love for them to have one in Singapore too so I can pick it up the same day. But alas, any overheads will be added to the cost of manufacturing and inturn, cost will be past to ALL customers. I sure don't wish to pay for any overheads to get a miner from bitmain unless they are in Singapore.

I am not conversant with bitmain's sales numbers by region, but surely you can not compare the Singapore market against the EU market, and that for anything not just bitcoin miners. But hey, I could be wrong on that ....

I'm not comparing markets. Just stating the fact that no matter where they open up. Be it in the northpole or southpole, there will be overheads. Cost that will be potientially past on to ALL customers. So instead of seeing US$415 per S5, you could be looking at $550 (I'm plucking figures off the air) per S5. I don't see any other manufacturer with a satalite office, do you?

I'll rather they stick to as low cost as they can so that everyone gets to pay a lower price. I pay GST (7%) too when I import stuffs to Singapore, not as high as yours but that's your country. Should one day Singapore decided to change GST to 40% I'll still have to pay 40%, or I could complain all I want to the gov and still pay 40%.
Every satellite office out of their origin country will incur overheads no matter how you look at it. Even if sales is plenty in that region. I would think especially so for miners as they have a very short time span to sell them before a new one comes around.

I would love for them to have one in Singapore too so I can pick it up the same day. But alas, any overheads will be added to the cost of manufacturing and inturn, cost will be past to ALL customers. I sure don't wish to pay for any overheads to get a miner from bitmain unless they are in Singapore.

I am not conversant with bitmain's sales numbers by region, but surely you can not compare the Singapore market against the EU market, and that for anything not just bitcoin miners. But hey, I could be wrong on that ....
Are we there yet?

Activity: 366
whats up with the new firmware bitmain is showing?

Will we be able to set auto reset parameters easier? Im having to reset mine at least once per day remotely :/ random units always
You can make up theoretical numbers all you want but it doesn't work out. Miners have to be sent via air which doesn't hold significant bulk discounts compared to a few units vs a pallet at a time. You've then got to pay EU to customer shipping again, AND more overheads, AND the lost mining revenue from the 2 day delay to get to the customer. If you really think its a good idea then you're more than free to open a UK shop and try and sell.

I am not making up any theoretical numbers, just stating what i think is a plausible argument for a bitmain EU operation. It may indeed be a bit over your head since you've failed to grasp the basics of my arguments if you are still refering to "lost days". Someone with real clout at bitmain may understand what I am saying.
Jump to: