Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 286. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 572
Merit: 500
The top post says 450 .. EU people, please add shipping and then 21% VAT Cheesy cheap .. 

NOTE: I get biased even when they don't pay me.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
Hello all,

Bitmain has employed me to help liaise with the community and later provide technical support. They have done this in order to help provide:

1) timely technical support
2) provide better feedback (if I don't know, I can find out from the people within Bitmain who will)
3) provide product and sales input from you guys directly into the company. If something is going wrong, YOU can fix it
4) provide native English press releases - less ManderEnglish, more sense.

This is a paid position, however it will in no way affect my independence or freedom in being critical towards Bitmain outside of this thread. My contract specifically stipulates:

Dogie will speak on behalf of BITMAIN and will not criticize BITMAIN in these threads. Dogie still reserves the right to criticize BITMAIN in his other threads. Both parties acknowledge that this relationship has no impact whatsoever on BITMAIN’s rating or standing in “Dogie’s ‘Manufacturer Trustworthiness” thread.

This means I won't sit here and reply to every post saying Bitmain is a scam, don't buy from Bitmain etc etc, in this thread. It does NOT prohibit me from saying that in my own threads, if that is what I believe. It also has absolutely no impact on their rating in the Manufacturer trustworthiness thread [in which Bitmain just went down 10 points].

No offense but your contract literally states "these threads" as the definition of those you will not criticize them in, I sure hope the phrase "these threads" is defined elsewhere in your contract.  If not you put yourself in a piss poor legal position, regardless it's conflict of interest 101 even if you make this claim.. Giving you investment of time I get it, however recognize it's human nature to be bias toward someone paying you, even if you consciously try not to be.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
So price will be 450 or 418USD?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Wifi, please use Wi-Fi Bridge to operate your miner.

Will the S5 have WiFi by adding an antenna like the S3?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Will the S5 have WiFi by adding an antenna like the S3?
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
I see only one thing with the S5 .. having chained chips to drop the voltage, you either run the whole chain or you stop the whole chain.
I'm praying for you guys, that, if you buy one or more of those .. "let the chips be all good!" .. and "Good Luck!" in tweaking the chain voltages.

Merry Christmas!

Later Edit: This brings back memories .. During high-school, I was building guitar amplifiers for the band I was singing in .. since the budget was limited, I skipped the potentiometers in the pre-amp. So we used them for a start maxed out .. 150W sinus per 8 ohms channel. I had to eventually add the parts in later. It was fun for about 3 days tho'  
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
@raskul

Let us look into what we can do for the projection...

If you have your projection, would you please share with us? (Here is fine!)

We'd love to see how our customers see ROI Projections.

Its all speculation as none of us at Bitmain has a crystal ball  Wink  

If you have one for sale and if it cooks me breakfast and make me some tea, too, let me know!!!  love to have one  Grin
Activity: 434
however, i'd still like to discuss expected ROI, unless that's off-topic?

Why yes, yes it is. You can create an ROI thread in the mining speculation subforum if you want.

no problem. thanks for clarifying.
it's late. now that you have brought up the subject.
advertising went out over a month ago.. i can only presume (and working in that field) that there have most likely been a few technical hiccups in the timeline of the chip - or the unit itself... this does not bode well to the prospective batch1 buyer, does it?

Print advertising requires lock in for printing in advance,

Not in my experience... I can have an advert in the majority of the national newspapers on quite short notice. I also work on a 14:30 deadline for edition with a lot of national newspapers. THAT IS 2.30pm deadline for NEXT DAY publication. I don't know from which arse you are pulling these comments but I am sure it is not Mr Y. You don't need to book in advance for the target market you require... you are not restricted to ONE publication.
I'm afraid your comment is indicative of your lack of knowledge in RW marketing.

and that advert was specifically designed to be a teaser.

that is just an excuse, i'm sure.

Do you not think it takes time plan batches of X,XXX miners to be made and ship out seamlessly? Do you see any missed delivery dates on the S5? No?

Wink see above.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Yeah can we um, talk about the product instead of various pissing contests? I've still got some questions about the advertised chip and machine specs. As long as accurate numbers are presented, I don't really care who pays who to tell who about what. Just give us accurate numbers and let them speak for themselves.

I passed on your post, CN is waking up soon so I'll let you know.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Why yes, yes it is. You can create an ROI thread in the mining speculation subforum if you want.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
advertising went out over a month ago.. i can only presume (and working in that field) that there have most likely been a few technical hiccups in the timeline of the chip - or the unit itself... this does not bode well to the prospective batch1 buyer, does it?

Print advertising requires lock in for printing in advance, and that advert was specifically designed to be a teaser. Do you not think it takes time plan batches of X,XXX miners to be made and ship out seamlessly? Do you see any missed delivery dates on the S5? No?
Sorry guys... I know I'm new here but can you guys please slow down or stop even with the I'm right,  you're wrong, I'm right, you're wrong stuff and perhaps bring it to another thread? I get notification for post hoping for information with regards to the S5 but alas.. nothing to do with S5.

Please please please... help keep this thread clean, as least for now until the S5 starts delivering?

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Unsubscribe, or find another hobby Cheesy this thread will be rife with speculation and trolling/shilling until the units are released.

I'm just staying up until they open sales, so I can buy one, or two, or three....

*addict*

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
So what you're saying is "if you don't want to listen to jackasses flailing madly about nothing instead of discussing the product release, please ignore the thread started to discuss the product release"? I believe that is stupid.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Sorry guys... I know I'm new here but can you guys please slow down or stop even with the I'm right,  you're wrong, I'm right, you're wrong stuff and perhaps bring it to another thread? I get notification for post hoping for information with regards to the S5 but alas.. nothing to do with S5.

Please please please... help keep this thread clean, as least for now until the S5 starts delivering?

Unsubscribe, or find another hobby Cheesy this thread will be rife with speculation and trolling/shilling until the units are released.
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?

it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

It does have a lid, just for show. Otherwise the pictures would be identical to S3 Tongue

You might want to read what Bitmain says before posting.  No top or bottom.

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said there is a bottom, but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)

+1

let's get pedantic while we wait on them opening sales.

Plans change, it is / will / did / was going to be fully enclosed. Maybe in another universe!

-snip image-

legendary
dogiecoin.com
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

It does have a lid, just for show. Otherwise the pictures would be identical to S3 Tongue

You might want to read what Bitmain says before posting.  No top or bottom.

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said there is a bottom, but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)

+1

let's get pedantic while we wait on them opening sales.

Plans change, it is / will / did / was going to be fully enclosed. Maybe in another universe!

Thank you!

+1

Yeah can we um, talk about the product instead of various pissing contests? I've still got some questions about the advertised chip and machine specs. As long as accurate numbers are presented, I don't really care who pays who to tell who about what. Just give us accurate numbers and let them speak for themselves.

so, can we project an expected ROI?

S3 was superb and i am more than happy with my own prospecting with those particular units, but this time round... I just can't see it.
Jump to: