Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 287. (Read 451048 times)

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Thank you!

+1

Yeah can we um, talk about the product instead of various pissing contests? I've still got some questions about the advertised chip and machine specs. As long as accurate numbers are presented, I don't really care who pays who to tell who about what. Just give us accurate numbers and let them speak for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
WARNING

got this message : http://gyazo.com/3bbe947747820bcc23b00c1588a0651e

from FAKE user:

http://gyazo.com/5e04097f0ac98732e8c9ed03508cfb6c

Careful, do not send any payment to any adresses recived by PM

Added trust and asked for Tomato to have a look.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
That's something weird with the SP20 which I can't understand. The SP35 [if you can avoid PSU fans spoiling up] is quieter than the SP20 which makes no sense :s

Try fan design and acoustic of the casing? The casings does amplify sounds. I don't own any SP so, can't really comment... I'm just posting to get my activity up. LOL

Its not the acoustics of the casing, I have two SP20's one with the stock fan and one that I have been trying other fans on. The main difference is the acoustic quality of the fan itself, the stock fan has a very mechanical acoustic property that is apparent even at lower speeds. Different makes of fans have different sounds from the physical design of the spindle and bearings used. Unfortunately the only other fan that I have tried that gets close to the performance of the stock fan also has a unique acoustic property, a different one, but noticeable and just as annoying. So I am still searching Smiley
legendary
dogiecoin.com
really wasn't a 'debacle' .. it's just that most people didn't know what to do to prep hardware to get a good over-clock. my original s3 units are still hashing over 500g/hs. i never had the alarm issue because i placed a piece of electrical tape over the speakers.

To elaborate, after re-pasting and extensive tweaking of my twelve B1 through B3's, I have not ever been able to get ANY of them hashing stably above 460GH/s without X's showing up.

I'm glad you're stable at 500GHs. That's pretty incredible considering the experience I've had.

... and I think you will agree with me that the need to place tape over a speaker to mitigate a software issue is unacceptable, all things considered.

Finally, debacle is probably too overdramatic, I admit. "Disappointment" would be more apropos.

That's not really fair when 500GH is 10% of the rated speed. I agree with you on the speaker though, very annoying. I removed mine and requested a hardware switch in the future. Whether we'll get it is another thing.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Yeah can we um, talk about the product instead of various pissing contests? I've still got some questions about the advertised chip and machine specs. As long as accurate numbers are presented, I don't really care who pays who to tell who about what. Just give us accurate numbers and let them speak for themselves.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Ouch....

See what I mean?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My stalker returns.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Try & keep your employees in line.......he's upsetting your customers  Wink
donator
Activity Level will go up eventually, but thank you for posting here!  Good Luck!

That's something weird with the SP20 which I can't understand. The SP35 [if you can avoid PSU fans spoiling up] is quieter than the SP20 which makes no sense :s

Try fan design and acoustic of the casing? The casings does amplify sounds. I don't own any SP so, can't really comment... I'm just posting to get my activity up. LOL
donator
legendary
dogiecoin.com
waiting for independent review
i'm about as independent as they'll find.

Says one of SpondooliesTech's largest affiliates.... with the christmas tree banner advertising competitor's products....

But what you will get is a dogie review, because they are paying him to do it. Bear that in mind when he tells you it's the bestest minerz in the wiurld.

Since when have I said that about a BITMAIN miner? I'm also assuming you didn't bother reading the #2 post and this bit of my contract:

Dogie will speak on behalf of BITMAIN and will not criticize BITMAIN in these threads. Dogie still reserves the right to criticize BITMAIN in his other threads. Both parties acknowledge that this relationship has no impact whatsoever on BITMAIN’s rating or standing in “Dogie’s ‘Manufacturer Trustworthiness” thread.

But anyway, please stay on topic. This is an S5 thread, you can open up a scam accusation thread for me as I've said many, many times before.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Jesus, dogie poo explosion here......

His posts alone are enough to put people off buying Bitmain gear, let alone the firmware/prices problems..... Roll Eyes

he's on the clock, he has to put his time in.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
Jesus, dogie poo explosion here......

His posts alone are enough to put people off buying Bitmain gear, let alone the firmware/prices problems..... Roll Eyes
legendary
dogiecoin.com
There is always a chance or possibilities, but we DO NOT recommend any over clocking.  S5 specific, may be but count it as not much...  Please don't count on OC potential when you calculate mining gain as power consumption usually goes up and the hard ware failure may happens.

BitmainWarranty, what is the overclocking potential of S5??

Without voltage control assume 0 and be pleasantly surprised later if there is any.
the question in hand is MAY 2015 ROI.

stop avoiding the topic with slander against your competition.

By slandering you mean strongly praising the SP35 in my review? There is something off with the SP20's acoustics, that's just a fact. Ps, its libel.

i use the word slander on account that it is not a legal term in the country in which I live.
Had I used the term 'Libel' I could be called to account on it.

no, it's not libel until it's proven, it's simple slander.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Would be nice if Bitmain re-introduced the option to ship via / with EMS - I am sure it will be a lot cheaper than UPS (and obviously DHL). I know they are not as fast as the other behemoths, but we'd be selecting them in that knowledge.

I just went to their site and it was listed as an option with UPS and DHL for S3 orders. Should be the same with s5s

You are right, they must have re-ntroduced them lately ..... and they are NOT cheaper than UPS for the C1, so looks like will be the same for the S5. Bummer! Seems UPS are Bitmain's preffered shipper ...

Bitmain, could you register as a VAT collection point for shipments to the EU? Would be nice to pay my VAT with the order and not have to deal with your preffered shipper's (UPS) archaic tax processing methods!

I mean, these guys did not send me an invoice and neither did they notify me nor offer me the opportunity to pay due VAT until the van driver turned up on my door and asked me for either a cheque (yes a check in this day and age!) or to phone their office so I could pay via card before he could hand over my S3+'s!

I'll look into that, thanks. Yes I know how annoying UPS is with import charges, where as DHL does it near perfectly.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

By slandering you mean strongly praising the SP35 in my review? There is something off with the SP20's acoustics, that's just a fact. Ps, its libel.

...and stating an obvious fact that anyone who was skilled in testing units would understand.
I think we know which payroll dogie is on.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Give us the DATE?
When will we be able to check the shipping charges?

Thanks

Do we know what shipping costs will be?

weight and size is almost the same so i guess whatever shipping you see for the S3, the same will be for S5... I hope not as it is quite high for where I am at right now

This. If you want to estimate shipping, add one of the other similar items to basket. C1 is heavier due to the waterblocks and cooling kit though.
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?

legendary
dogiecoin.com
The S5 does have a clear advantage for some people. The fan noise. Some just can't deal with the SP20 noise.

I can stand SP20 (fan 50, 1350-1360 gh) when I am 20 feet away (not in the same room), with a caveat that I did not try fan at 20 yet, but would have to either create a noise reducing solution or cannot expand/buy more. Hacking the setting of fan to 15 maybe another route.

Jump to: