Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 289. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

It does have a lid, just for show. Otherwise the pictures would be identical to S3 Tongue

You might want to read what Bitmain says before posting.  No top or bottom.

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said there is a bottom, but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)

+1

let's get pedantic while we wait on them opening sales.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

It does have a lid, just for show. Otherwise the pictures would be identical to S3 Tongue

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said there is a bottom, but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)
hurry up and open sales. Notting Hill has just come on telly and I really don't want to stay up much longer to suffer it.
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
will there be an upgrade kit for the s1's and s2's?Huh?

But what you will get is a dogie review, because they are paying him to do it.

A bit harsh raskul, Bitmain may have dogie on the payroll, but he would already have lined himself up to do a review, as he does with all new miners as they come to market.

apologies if I offended anyone.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
I will be nabbing some of these  Grin These are perfect for the home user, 2 will run on a EVGA 1300W 2.3THs for around 2.6 coins right now is not too shabby, Not sure if I will wait for independent review.

I know.... I know I sound a little too excited, I cant help it.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

Activity: 471

But what you will get is a dogie review, because they are paying him to do it.

A bit harsh raskul, Bitmain may have dogie on the payroll, but he would already have lined himself up to do a review, as he does with all new miners as they come to market.

I am kind of disappointed... was more hoping of minimum .25/w/g...

Such a huge gap between the S1 & S3, this isn't even a gap since it's still the same, but improved, 28Nm process.

Its a 53% W/GH reduction compared to the S3, that's huge. You can now get 50% more hash rate using the same infrastructure, space, power and cooling.

define 'now'?

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201412220650169743S9QlmHx069D
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I am kind of disappointed... was more hoping of minimum .25/w/g...

Such a huge gap between the S1 & S3, this isn't even a gap since it's still the same, but improved, 28Nm process.

Its a 53% W/GH reduction compared to the S3, that's huge. You can now get 50% more hash rate using the same infrastructure, space, power and cooling.
legendary
Activity: 1120
oh well, lucky me ... Tongue
WARNING

got this message : http://gyazo.com/3bbe947747820bcc23b00c1588a0651e

from FAKE user:

http://gyazo.com/5e04097f0ac98732e8c9ed03508cfb6c

Careful, do not send any payment to any adresses recived by PM

why do I never get these ?

i feel left out  Cry
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

BMT already addressed, thanks. Should make a nice space-heater with the warmth emanating from the top.
legendary
Activity: 1120
WARNING

got this message : http://gyazo.com/3bbe947747820bcc23b00c1588a0651e

from FAKE user:

http://gyazo.com/5e04097f0ac98732e8c9ed03508cfb6c

Careful, do not send any payment to any adresses recived by PM
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
So a 15s2p string. At 12V that gives 0.8V per chip, and an expected hashrate (according to your charts) of 1320GH - about 14% more than the listed 1155GH. Where's that come from?

Also, how susceptible are your chips to under/overvolting from ripple currents when some chips in the string underperform? Is there a parallel current path to loop around underperforming nodes to keep load currents and node voltages relatively constant? Just wondering about stability and such.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I would also like to know when orders will open up.

dec 27

That's shipping time, not on sale time.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Not impressed by the tag line: "The absolutely promising bitcoin chip in the market".
Really? I can only hope no advertising buro was paid to come up with that slogan  Shocked

Specs look like a modest step forward. Pretty much leading the pack today, but probably not enough to compete with upcoming AM/BF/SP rigs, but much will depend on their time to market.

Non native english speakers, I've already requested the picture be changed.
waiting for independent review

i'm about as independent as they'll find. But what you will get is a dogie review, because they are paying him to do it. Bear that in mind when he tells you it's the bestest minerz in the wiurld.
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
just wondering if you will be offering a upgrade for the antminer s1's now and the s2's?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
waiting for independent review
Jump to: