Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 288. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
SP20 wins hands down in all departments. Bitmain still haven't got the S3 firmware right yet, so I can't wait to see their attempts at getting this working properly......

bloody hell Pat, what happened to your trust rating? you been getting in a scrap?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, dogie hates me, BAN hate me too..... Roll Eyes

None of it are from sales - they just hate me......

For months he (and his other 'associates') were following me around making libellous comments.

See what I mean?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My stalker returns.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
SP20 wins hands down in all departments. Bitmain still haven't got the S3 firmware right yet, so I can't wait to see their attempts at getting this working properly......

bloody hell Pat, what happened to your trust rating? you been getting in a scrap?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, dogie hates me, BAN hate me too..... Roll Eyes

None of it are from sales - they just hate me......

For months he (and his other 'associates') were following me around making libellous comments.
Activity: 504
I am sold.

Please take my money. I will order
Also not sure why having the pcie ports on the open top side will make them more stackable, rackable side-by-side yes but not stackable on top of each other.

You could stack them on their sides?

I was looking forward to the S5, but with the current pricing... a little disappointed, add the cost of a psu and shipping... more disappointment...

well... let me put this out there...

i can only presume that if you are still buying miners at this stage of the game, then you are bound to have a PILE of PSU's laying around... probably a few dormant ones too, but i hear you about the price... right around the corner in 2015 is some serious hashrate at mega efficiency, just baking waiting to be unleashed... ROI in MAY? S5 won't get that far i'm afraid.

IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO THIS,

and forgive me...

i'm rarely wrong.
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?
Also not sure why having the pcie ports on the open top side will make them more stackable, rackable side-by-side yes but not stackable on top of each other.

You could stack them on their sides?

I was looking forward to the S5, but with the current pricing... a little disappointed, add the cost of a psu and shipping... more disappointment...
Code:
[quote author=raskul link=topic=902305.msg9919531#msg9919531 date=1419288844]
[quote author=TracerX link=topic=902305.msg9919526#msg9919526 date=1419288783]
[quote author=bgibso01 link=topic=902305.msg9919435#msg9919435 date=1419288221]
[quote author=dogie link=topic=902305.msg9919380#msg9919380 date=1419287729]
[quote author=raskul link=topic=902305.msg9914221#msg9914221 date=1419252518]
it doesn't have a lid?
[/quote]

[quote author=siampumpkin link=topic=902305.msg9914839#msg9914839 date=1419256909]
Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  :-\
[/quote]

It does have a lid, just for show. Otherwise the pictures would be identical to S3 :P
[/quote]

You might want to read what Bitmain says before posting.  No top or bottom.
[/quote]

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said [i]there is a bottom[/i], but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)
[/quote]

+1

let's get pedantic while we wait on them opening sales.
[/quote]

??? wasn't this the last thing Warranty said? Topless and bottomless.. seems strange to me but thats what he said.

[quote author=BitmainWarranty link=topic=902305.msg9919073#msg9919073 date=1419285242]
Everyone loves TOPLESS right?  ;D ;D ;D
[b]S5 batch 1 will even be the Bottom Less!!...  (I thought it had the bottom plate but I think I was wrong.  I just realized that....)
[/b]
Side will  have the cover.
[/quote]

it's going to be a concern, because one way or another, there is going to be lost rack space due to the build.
i think the best situation for this miner will be for the home use, stacked 3 or 4 high, and saving on heating bills. (since i downclocked my SP20, the downstairs of my flat isn't as warm anymore. I need to get more.)
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I'd bite if BTC wasn't soooo low right now.  My wallet's a little light assuming a MOQ of 2 + shipping will be ~3 BTC.  Some coupons for us S3/S3+ buyers may change my mind though.  *hint hint  Wink
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

It does have a lid, just for show. Otherwise the pictures would be identical to S3 Tongue

You might want to read what Bitmain says before posting.  No top or bottom.

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said there is a bottom, but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)

...because it's sexy
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
S5, We are making sure everything works like it used to be on S1 last year.

we will post the confirmation, if S5 is a sexy topless & bottomless or it will end up having the clothes on in the next several hours. 

Things are still very fluid right now, so please stay tuned!  If you have suggestions, PM please!

BitmainWarranty, how many hours S5s was stress tested?
With new power scheme (no dc/dc) stability is important question.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

It does have a lid, just for show. Otherwise the pictures would be identical to S3 Tongue

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said there is a bottom, but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)

+1

let's get pedantic while we wait on them opening sales.

Huh wasn't this the last thing Warranty said? Topless and bottomless.. seems strange to me but thats what he said.

Everyone loves TOPLESS right?  Grin Grin Grin
S5 batch 1 will even be the Bottom Less!!...  (I thought it had the bottom plate but I think I was wrong.  I just realized that....)

Side will  have the cover.

legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

S2 upgrade? That was abandoned ... wonder why Bitmainwarranty didn't know  Huh

So .. if the S5 is an 'open top design' .. is it stackable?

well the s2 upgrade idea was abandoned after it would not be profitable for anyone. bitmain or the person trying to upgrade.
no im just wonderif if all of the people that have s1's just sitting around and the s2's that are about to become unprofitable will be able to upgrade their boards so that they will become profitable again. and make it a profitable transaction for both bitmain and the miner.
yes it will be because the pci-e inputs are on the open side. check the pix

Ahh ... checked .. silly me, quite right ... actually makes connections and cable management a little easier.

you could stack them staggered and make a big towering space heater out of them  Grin
Activity: 471

Ahh ... checked .. silly me, quite right ... actually makes connections and cable management a little easier.

Activity: 471

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Thank you for the suggestion! 

Will let the product design/management team know about your input  Cheesy

just wondering if you will be offering a upgrade for the antminer s1's now and the s2's?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitmainWarranty, how many hours S5s was stress tested?
With new power scheme (no dc/dc) stability is important question.
it doesn't have a lid?

Specs ok but don't like the open design. I wish the price were lower also.  Undecided

You might consider taking your own advice.  BM responded and said there is a bottom, but not a top.  An "open top design." ;-)

Is there a reason for this? I know heat rises, But it's a fanned with the fins running horizontal, Would it not be better to "force" the air down the length of the heatsink?

But I suppose I could run it upside-down if it really bothered me  Grin

i think that the open top is the one thing which stands out for me. Living in the place I live (it's the side of a big hill which is always -2 degrees celcius lower than the surrounding region) I could probably have 2-3 in each room and never need the central heating on. Gust end-fans tend to annoy the cat, so hot air dispersing upwards seems, to me, a very good idea.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
it doesn't have a lid?

Is there a reason for this? I know heat rises, But it's a fanned with the fins running horizontal, Would it not be better to "force" the air down the length of the heatsink?

But I suppose I could run it upside-down if it really bothered me  Grin
Jump to: