Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 291. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Do we know what shipping costs will be?
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
BitmainWarranty, what is the overclocking potential of S5??
Depends on your PSU. If you can increase voltage, you may find out...
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
it's the same as S3 minus 1 fan... so cables on ... top
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
So have we heard definitively whether or not there is a top and bottom to this unit?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

it usually looks something like this...

oooooxxo

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Mining Hosting
interesting , I'm slowly reaching my max but I should grab some of these.

yoshi , hit me up , been a while Smiley
Give us the DATE?
When will we be able to check the shipping charges?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1092
i think batch 1 will be sold out long before i will be in position to buy. i am looking over my mining options now. it seems can only run one or amybe one and half of these with my rm1000's. i did buy a new rm1000 during newegg 'black furday' in case there was any new ants being released. appears my intuition was right.  i bought a new ax1200i too for new pc build too. i scored big at newegg's 'black furday'.. they had some great deals. well meanwhile i have to figure out if will be profitable to swap out my S3 farm .. then i have to buy coins cuz i not spending any my mined coins. i am one of the evil miners who hoard all their coins.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
really wasn't a 'debacle' .. it's just that most people didn't know what to do to prep hardware to get a good over-clock. my original s3 units are still hashing over 500g/hs. i never had the alarm issue because i placed a piece of electrical tape over the speakers.

To elaborate, after re-pasting and extensive tweaking of my twelve B1 through B3's, I have not ever been able to get ANY of them hashing stably above 460GH/s without X's showing up.

I'm glad you're stable at 500GHs. That's pretty incredible considering the experience I've had.

... and I think you will agree with me that the need to place tape over a speaker to mitigate a software issue is unacceptable, all things considered.

Finally, debacle is probably too overdramatic, I admit. "Disappointment" would be more apropos.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
How many chips? (16+15)x2 = 60 ?
What voltage? 0.80 volt?

So, should be 22x60 = 1320 GH/s and 760 W on wall

Only one fan, 3kg radiators - very low to dissipate 590W, it will be very noisy
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Meh.

I'm still irritated with the S3 -> S3+ debacle, and the S3 firmware still being broken such that the #$*@#!nG alarm still goes off when the pool goes dead - ignoring the checkbox setting in the webGUI to disable the alarm. Woke me up at 3am in the morning last night.

really wasn't a 'debacle' .. it's just that most people didn't know what to do to prep hardware to get a good over-clock. my original s3 units are still hashing over 500g/hs. i never had the alarm issue because i placed a piece of electrical tape over the speakers.

I agree..what debacle? My batch 1 S3(s) worked like a horse for 5 mo before I sold them for a very decent price. With later software it beeped much less, later units did not beep at all, unless they lost internet connection for a few minutes.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Looks like Bitmain just lowered the price to $418 each (plus shipping & customs)!

Pretty quick reaction ...to my post ...LOL ... Grin

ZiG
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
If a 10' pole is not long enough, we may have a 20' pole to share
Point being, here's hoping your S5 product launch goes better than your S3 product launch.

Don't get me wrong, I look to acquire a few S5's in time, but the S3 experience - as a B1 through B3 buyer - left a really bad taste in my mouth after being quite happy with my prior S1 and S2 purchases.
legendary
also - will the S5 have a full-frame case again like the s3? None of the pictures show a top cover, or even a bottom cover. I assume its to show off the innards, but if a lid isnt actually included the entire dynamic is changed somewhat.

ps: The Sp20 has all the connections at the front, and could be stacked into a 5x5 grid unlike the antminers, which can only stack side-by-side (becomes an issue if you have limited space or 15+ units)

i always change my antiminer network connections towards the back and place them on their sides and stack them up without their covers. this provides the best airflow for the ants.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Hey guys!!!

We have crunched numbers now and still crunching.  Stay tuned for http://www.bitmaintech.com

Keep sending us the advice and numbers to make our sales team THINK  Grin

Bitmain is very responsive to the community's voice and pricing may change at any time up until the sales open time

legendary
Meh.

I'm still irritated with the S3 -> S3+ debacle, and the S3 firmware still being broken such that the #$*@#!nG alarm still goes off when the pool goes dead - ignoring the checkbox setting in the webGUI to disable the alarm. Woke me up at 3am in the morning last night.

Activity: 384
Merit: 256
Looks like Bitmain just lowered the price to $418 each (plus shipping & customs)!
When S4 came out, the comments were exactly the same...

Too expensive, no ROI etc... but ppl still bought a whole lot of them... the same will happen to the S5 and BITMAIN knows this very well
Jump to: