Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 29. (Read 450941 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
i dont see anything like that.   here is the kernal log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz6sivmh9avc58v/kernal%20log%20Document.rtf?dl=0

i only have one hashing board connected.  the red led on the front is on solid continuously.   although it occasionally goes out and the green flashing led comes on in its place.  I think my 3 beagle bones are bad
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
After you can access the Status Screen have a look in the kernel Log. Scan down and look for the Chain Total. If you see several Restarts

FPGA detect asic addr err

!!!!Restart3 detect asic addr!!!

Followed by

!!!!soft set defult asic num 30!!!

Then you have a faulty Hash Board, probably one or more faulty BM1384. Despite the fact that the Status Screen shows all zero's and 30 chips. For some reason if it does not find any chips it defaults to 30?

Rich

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hello all, 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlxy573bjmngemp/S5%20Capture.JPG?dl=0
thank you for reading, and any suggestions?

The fan must be Fan1 , not Fan2

Do this, and everything will be okay.

I saw that fan connector and I switched it.  no change, it still wont hash.

I tried several different PSU's, it is not a power problem.  The web UI works perfectly and i can also ssh into it.  (this is a response to an earlier question by a different person).  it will intermittently start hashing but never gets over 10 GH/S
Have you tried re doing the heatsinks with new paste?
Hello all, 

I saw that fan connector and I switched it.  no change, it still wont hash.

I tried several different PSU's, it is not a power problem.  The web UI works perfectly and i can also ssh into it.  (this is a response to an earlier question by a different person).  it will intermittently start hashing but never gets over 10 GH/S
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Hello all, 

If as I think you are saying you have a Good S5 & a problem S5? You should be able to narrow down the problem item by swapping modules between the units? There must surely be some of the modules which when swapped into the Good S5 continue to function correctly?

Rich

I have 2 broken S5's and i was trying to use parts from both  to make one good S5.    The same thing happened to the other S5.  I also have SP20's and S3's and i have never had a problem with any of them.  However, this is the first summer everything is out in the garage and it gets a little warm (~45+c) out there in the afternoons.

If you can log into the miner and it communicates with the Hash boards then the controller is likely to be fine. I would try connecting a single Hash board on the side that has the 4 pin power connector. Try each of the 4 boards in turn and see what the results are? One slightly odd thing in your photo is that the second board has zero temperature?

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1456
Hello all, 

I am sort of new to this forum but not new to mining.   My username still says newbie although i signed up over 2 years ago.  Any insight as to correct this problem would be Greatly Appreciated.

Anyway, so I've been mining for a couple years and i have always been able to figure out my problems on my own, with the google of course.  However, this particular S5 has me stumped.   Everything looks good, the leds are on as they should be, the fan spinning up then down, DHCP is working normally, and yet it wont start hashing.  Its not a PSU issue, I have this one S5 connected to a j4bberwock  & IBM 2880 (and i did try other psu just to be sure.)   below is a link to a screen shot of my miner conf page.

I reloaded the firmware, performed a factory reset, switched out the various connectors that run from the daughter board to the asics, switched out BBB, switched out daughter board (one of my S5 has a smaller connector by one column of pins), burned s5 image to sd card, swapped out hashing boards with another S5, etc...

what happened to it?  i was making my rounds the other day and noticed the red led on the front.  upon closer inspection, one of the pci-e connectors had started to melt and in fact it had fused together with the antminer's 6-pin connector to the point  i was unable to forcibly disconnect it from the antminer.    I removed the plastic male and female fused piece leaving the bare 6 metal pins.  I soldered 6 wires directly to those pins to connect to the PSU.  even though the UI shows all  0000000   for both boards, i swapped it out with a hashing board from a different S5 just to be sure it wasn't damaged.

Do you have another PSU to try?   The fact that it started to melt is not a good thing.      

With swaping out hashing board already I would say give another PSU a try.  
If as I think you are saying you have a Good S5 & a problem S5? You should be able to narrow down the problem item by swapping modules between the units? There must surely be some of the modules which when swapped into the Good S5 continue to function correctly?

Rich

I have 2 broken S5's and i was trying to use parts from both  to make one good S5.    The same thing happened to the other S5.  I also have SP20's and S3's and i have never had a problem with any of them.  However, this is the first summer everything is out in the garage and it gets a little warm (~45+c) out there in the afternoons.

Rich
Hello all, 

I am sort of new to this forum but not new to mining.   My username still says newbie although i signed up over 2 years ago.  Any insight as to correct this problem would be Greatly Appreciated.

Anyway, so I've been mining for a couple years and i have always been able to figure out my problems on my own, with the google of course.  However, this particular S5 has me stumped.   Everything looks good, the leds are on as they should be, the fan spinning up then down, DHCP is working normally, and yet it wont start hashing.  Its not a PSU issue, I have this one S5 connected to a j4bberwock  & IBM 2880 (and i did try other psu just to be sure.)   below is a link to a screen shot of my miner conf page.

I reloaded the firmware, performed a factory reset, switched out the various connectors that run from the daughter board to the asics, switched out BBB, switched out daughter board (one of my S5 has a smaller connector by one column of pins), burned s5 image to sd card, swapped out hashing boards with another S5, etc...

what happened to it?  i was making my rounds the other day and noticed the red led on the front.  upon closer inspection, one of the pci-e connectors had started to melt and in fact it had fused together with the antminer's 6-pin connector to the point  i was unable to forcibly disconnect it from the antminer.    I removed the plastic male and female fused piece leaving the bare 6 metal pins.  I soldered 6 wires directly to those pins to connect to the PSU.  even though the UI shows all  0000000   for both boards, i swapped it out with a hashing board from a different S5 just to be sure it wasn't damaged.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
whether ant miner S5 strongly to the electricity grid up and down or die suddenly without using the UPS system?
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
first blade - oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooo
the second - --------------------------- or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Tell me, what could be the reason that the board (in the picture) is not lit red LED. Thus BBB sees the card. Power supply is filed.

Some non-working chip(s)

Is ASIC STATUS full
oooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo  or
oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooo  or
xooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooo
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Tell me, what could be the reason that the board (in the picture) is not lit red LED. Thus BBB sees the card. Power supply is filed.
Activity: 556
Load balancing works/worked great for me. As some suggested there may be some pools where it wouldn't work but from what I can tell, it's like breaking your miner into 2 or 3 smaller miners.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
1. Unit has some trouble connecting at first, but connects and hashes. No Xs.

2. THE BEEPER RINGS NON-STOP!! This is very loud and annoying.

3. The lights in the back blink red and green together, every few seconds.

Can anyone help. I would like to get this thing running safely again and I really don't want to set things on fire.

I had exactly the same problem, swapped all the components one by one with another S5, and it turned out to be the BB.  I ordered another from Bitmain for around $50, and it's been working fine ever since... If you have another S5, definitely do the process of elimination and make sure it's the same for you, but if you look back in the forums I think you'll see me ask about exactly the same issue.
Activity: 119
Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone will have some input to a problem I just started to have with my S5.

Yesterday I noticed that the red light was on. When I turned it off, I noticed that the unit was extremely overheated. I let it cool, then turned it back on. This is what is going on now.

1. Unit has some trouble connecting at first, but connects and hashes. No Xs.

2. THE BEEPER RINGS NON-STOP!! This is very loud and annoying.

3. The lights in the back blink red and green together, every few seconds.

Can anyone help. I would like to get this thing running safely again and I really don't want to set things on fire.

Could you also tell us which firmware you're running it on?

I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware, but it didn't help.

Oh and the BEEPING is a SOLID SINGLE NON-STOP RING! Super loud and annoying.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Can the hash on the S5 be split 50/50 so it can be shared with two people ?

yes..
set up 2 pools with different usernames, then on the first pools password put --load-balanced. i think or you can try --balanced.

or you can just send half the btc to his account?

also keep in mind power costs money, so anything you do wont be 50/50

I think you are on to something with just one BTC address.   Load balance makes more sense if you were wanting to do some as PPS and some as Solo or something like that.

If you are mining and splitting costs just mine to  one BTC and subtract costs, and divide it into your and his personal BTC address's weekly or so.
We both actually work for a living and don't want to worry about who sent what when. Either way, when philip chimes in I suspect I will have the answer I need.

If load balancing can be made to work which he suggested, that's what I will use.

As i suggested, you can try load balancing, but i'm not sure it will work properly, what kind of pool requirement you would have and if you would lose hashrate. Some of my miner does it fine, some doesn't. I don't know if its possible to arbitrarily tell you if it will work or not.

I guess you can wait for more info...

I think you would have to ssh into machine and set it up if it ever needs reboot/power off's, is that correct that this change does not save when restarted? (I could be wrong on this part but I think I'm right).  Can load balancing be done yes.... just for best performance in most cases use it going to one pool as it was made to do and tested to do.

Also you can push sharing to once a month, even with "work for a living" you should have the 5 minutes it would take to separate the money once a month.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

yes..
set up 2 pools with different usernames, then on the first pools password put --load-balanced. i think or you can try --balanced.

I think you are on to something with just one BTC address.   Load balance makes more sense if you were wanting to do some as PPS and some as Solo or something like that.

If you are mining and splitting costs just mine to  one BTC and subtract costs, and divide it into your and his personal BTC address's weekly or so.
We both actually work for a living and don't want to worry about who sent what when. Either way, when philip chimes in I suspect I will have the answer I need.

If load balancing can be made to work which he suggested, that's what I will use.

As i suggested, you can try load balancing, but i'm not sure it will work properly, what kind of pool requirement you would have and if you would lose hashrate. Some of my miner does it fine, some doesn't. I don't know if its possible to arbitrarily tell you if it will work or not.

I guess you can wait for more info...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

yes..

Pages:
Jump to: