Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 26. (Read 450939 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Hi,

With the summer hotness I was tired of continuously adjusting my S5 frequency, so I decided myself to dive into shell coding and wrote a small script to do it automatically.

I'm pretty happy with what I got: every 20 minutes the script checks the temp sensors, increase or decrease the frequency and restarts cgminer. Thus I keep the temp between 58 and 62 °C at all time.

If you're interested you can download the script on github: https://github.com/kmitz/Regul
  Installation notes are on my blog: https://jomcflyatwork.wordpress.com/

You can ask me questions in this thread or PM me for help.

Cheers!

NB: If you worry about my script stealing all your coins, just check the script, it's only 40 lines and very straightforward:
1)read temp
2)write new frequency in /config/cgminer.conf
3)restart cgminer

This does not work for my I have 1 control board with 4 hashboards.
I think this is the problem is because of 4 temp sensors. I tried to copy past some shit in de code, but I am clueless with coding.
so could someone please help me. Huh

any solution will be rewarded by a small btc donation depending on time and effort you have put in. Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Looks about right to me. I have recorded 485W at 300MHz & 568W at 350Mz with an Intel DPS-1200TP Platinum PSU.

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
some testing done on some cheap-ass psu's, fan at 0% 2400rpm:

hash               frequency            wattage
    670.50               200                       340
    869.06               250                       418
   1,002.91             300                       488
   1,102.99             350                       560

i think the 2psu's that are feeding the miner are guilty for the missing 50gh at stock

It is also a bit odd, because at 350 you should be draining 580 watt with a 91~% PSU. Your chips all show "ooo.." etc?

You can use my review to compare consumption and hashrate from 350 to 450hz.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/reviewmy-experiencewith-bitmains-second-hand-used-antminer-s5-batch-7-1151326
Activity: 742
some testing done on some cheap-ass psu's, fan at 0% 2400rpm:

hash               frequency            wattage
    670.50               200                       340
    869.06               250                       418
   1,002.91             300                       488
   1,102.99             350                       560

i think the 2psu's that are feeding the miner are guilty for the missing 50gh at stock
With the summer hotness I was tired of continuously adjusting my S5 frequency, so I decided myself to dive into shell coding and wrote a small script to do it automatically.

Really nice idea, have downloaded and will give it a go. Have you considered / do you think it's possible to do a version that looks at HW error % and then adjusts up and down?

Thanks

Rich

Have you considered / do you think it's possible to do a version that looks at HW error % and then adjusts up and down?
this would also be greathly appreciated!

but for me with 4 boards on 1 controller it's not working....
Hi,

I'm pretty happy with what I got: every 20 minutes the script checks the temp sensors, increase or decrease the frequency and restarts cgminer. Thus I keep the temp between 58 and 62 °C at all time.

If you're interested you can download the script on github: https://github.com/kmitz/Regul

Cheers!

NB: If you worry about my script stealing all your coins, just check the script, it's only 40 lines and very straightforward:
1)read temp
3)restart cgminer

You may want to disable variable fan control if you haven't already, if it gets cool enough your 3 variables will keep flip flopping.

I have 4 watercooled S5's so 4 blades and 2 controller boards.
the fan speed is constant via watercooling system
I have no fan connceted to any of the s5's
but I can't get the script to work.
1 time it changed freq back to 200 another time it does noting.

I would love some help becouse sometime at night i am seeing temps below 40 on all s5'5

especially to kmitz if you can get this working for me i will dontante 0.2 btc to you cause this will help me a lot
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Elapsed: 6h24m58s
HW: 1 0.0000% 0.0000%
Activity: 588

Really nice idea, have downloaded and will give it a go. Have you considered / do you think it's possible to do a version that looks at HW error % and then adjusts up and down?

Thanks

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uox0gov6rw0m3od/AADGHpZEWAZwgkmmLUOk3NkVa

Above are two photos of my Antminer S5 with the plastic taken off.  Now its the only
S5 I have that has this design.  It is almost exactly the same as the S5+ with the chips
having their own individual heatsinks.  I have 3 other AntMiner S5's and they are all the same
like all of the pictures taken of the miners.

Can anyone explain to me why these chips/heatsinks are different?

Did I score the S5+ hashing boards before they were released in a product by mistake Smiley

Any knowledge would be great.

Thanks

PS, couldnt figure out how to post a picture straight in the forum so I uploaded them to dropbox.

Any help would be great.

This will do it Smiley

http://imgur.com

I'm  not one to ask that kind of stuff took me all most a year to figure out how, which service is supported on this site .

I'm to hard headed to ask that kind of stuff

Hi,

Cheers!

1)read temp
3)restart cgminer

You may want to disable variable fan control if you haven't already, if it gets cool enough your 3 variables will keep flip flopping.

I have 4 watercooled S5's so 4 blades and 2 controller boards.
the fan speed is constant via watercooling system
I have no fan connceted to any of the s5's
but I can't get the script to work.
1 time it changed freq back to 200 another time it does noting.

I would love some help becouse sometime at night i am seeing temps below 40 on all s5'5
i powered 1 s5 from only 2 * 6pins, 16awg, 1 * 6pins/board

cable was warm!

18awg will not resist more than 24h, maybe not even 6hours!

2 independent 18awg i guess will work ok
legendary
Really? That's pretty disappointing. Only some perif cables are 18awg on the EVGAs i have. Rest is all 16AWG. Goes without saying they remain cold to the touch.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Well, the S5 is running 300+W per board so it would not be at all surprising finding that getting hot using a single one per side rather than 2 separate per side.
100+W (8.3+A) per wire.

As stated above it depends on the connectors and the wiring.

If it's not much more expensive I'd suggest you get 2 per side just in case, rather than finding later that 1 isn't enough and having to wait to get more cables. Those wires shouldn't be overly expensive ...

I've found that expensive PSUs now tend to use 18G Sad
My first 2 1250W Gold OCZs are all 16G, but my way more expensive 1200W Plainum Seasonics are only 18G (ribon)
legendary
Can a single pcie 18awg be used to power a single dashboard?

Yes, if the connectors arent crap and the pins properly connect to each other, basically plug it in and touch the connectors a bit later, if they're burning hot then they're no good. If its cold or lukewarm after sustained load there should be no problem. You should be able to put both plugs on one board and it should split the load on the connectors just fine.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Can a single pcie 18awg be used to power a single dashboard?

I realy hope syscooling are anyone else will design a s7 watercoold block and or kit.
I was realy hoping the make the old c1 block fit. or order some from syscooling.
I an not looking for a full time vacuum cleaner running 24/7
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
so c1 wb and s5 wb are identical?

another question: does the s7 blade fit in the c1 case? or that case from syscooling. or is the blade too tall?

thank you!

The length of S7 is 301 mm

The length of S5+ is only 275 mm

The lenght of S5+ blade is 180 mm , height 127 mm at lower edge

The length and height of S7 blade are not known.

does the s7 blade fit in the c1 case? I think it does not fit .
so c1 wb and s5 wb are identical?

another question: does the s7 blade fit in the c1 case? or that case from syscooling. or is the blade too tall?

thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
is that wb from the s5 kit or from c1? or the wb are identical in size?

They are identical. (From C1)
is that wb from the s5 kit or from c1? or the wb are identical in size?
Pages:
Jump to: