Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 25. (Read 450939 times)

Activity: 805
Merit: 250
tried that also last night, even tough the controller saw the 4 blades, it was only hashing at 2, but i didn`t plug both fans on the same (good) controller, will try again tonight..
Activity: 461
You can try with firmware version that supports 4 boards and run them all from one control pcb. Tupsu tested and wrote something about that. Just need to find a link to that firmware Smiley
Sure. Try to update a FW (to newer version or to the same version or to any other "third party" version, like this one: https://www.nicehash.com/download/AntMiner-S5-SD-firmware_cgminer_4.9.0_nicehash_and_performance_graph.tar.gz.

I met a problem with one of two S5s one my fellow has bought. One of S5s was beeping periodically in spite that it had an internet access (ping was working normally from it's web interface). I just re-flashed it with new FW (I have posted a link above) and this action has fixed that issue...

tried that, tried all different version of Bitmains Firmware, also tried SMith version, still same problem, tonight ill try doiing a SD recovery but i`m not hopefull, also i tried plugging all the boards on my good controller, with Bitmains Latest firmware, tough, the controller sees all the boards, it only hashing at 2 boards, yet, when pluggin the 2 boards from the bad controller to the new ones, everything works, so at least i know it`s not the hashing boards.

after tonigh's test, i guess i`ll contact BItmain and ask the cost of a new controller since i'm out of warranty.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Sure. Try to update a FW (to newer version or to the same version or to any other "third party" version, like this one: https://www.nicehash.com/download/AntMiner-S5-SD-firmware_cgminer_4.9.0_nicehash_and_performance_graph.tar.gz.

I met a problem with one of two S5s one my fellow has bought. One of S5s was beeping periodically in spite that it had an internet access (ping was working normally from it's web interface). I just re-flashed it with new FW (I have posted a link above) and this action has fixed that issue...
Well i'm at a lost and it seems i have a bad controller, i switching with another controller and everything works fine and the problem folllows my bad controller.
the problem is the controller doesn;t see the hashing boards, everything else is ok, but no hashing board.

i tried different PSU, switched contoller, unpluged each board one at a time, and plugged in the other ports.

all i get all the time is this.

Any Suggestions .?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Below is a screenshot of one of my AntMiner S5's which does not seem to want to hash.

I replaced the fan because it was not running.  The replacement fan runs and the green light is flashing.

I replaced the controller and reset to default.

I have swapped ribbon cables with another unit.  It looks like the fact that I get a 0 temp on board 1 is keeping me from hashing.

Any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks,

Tom Travis

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylh7aunhjvuzo1m/AntminerScreen.jpg?dl=0

Does it work with only the second blade? It might be possible if one blade is completely wrecked that it messed up the controller.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Below is a screenshot of one of my AntMiner S5's which does not seem to want to hash.

I replaced the fan because it was not running.  The replacement fan runs and the green light is flashing.

I replaced the controller and reset to default.

I have swapped ribbon cables with another unit.  It looks like the fact that I get a 0 temp on board 1 is keeping me from hashing.

Any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks,

Tom Travis

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylh7aunhjvuzo1m/AntminerScreen.jpg?dl=0

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Just got my hand on a defective S5.

First, the daughterboard show me 4 small green lights  and 1 small red light, both do not blink at all. (Not the frontal one, directly on the board)

The front Ethernet jack and both front green and red light do not light up at all.

All i can see is a small hole on the small chip at U3 on the daughterboard . Not sure what it is.

I don't see any damage on the beaglebone board. The fan will slowly speed up and that's it. Nothing seems to boot.

Also tried the reset, nothing.

EDIT: I try to boot with an SD card without success. look likes de BeagleBone controller is dead.
EDIT2: No blue light on the beaglenone looks like it's really dead Tongue

So is there an easy way to test the BeagleBone only ?

Is Bitmain selling some daughterboard  ?

Thanks !

Herb

Do you have another S5 you could swap the BeagleBones with? If you check that both boards work well, getting your hands on a defective S5 would have been worth it.

Additionally if you do have a working S5 and manage to test and the 2 PCB work, you can plug 4 boards unto one S5 controller in the meantime, by putting the S5s on their side next to one another.

Nah I don't have another S5.

I found a 5V power adapter, I will cut the wire and try to fire up the Beagle. But i'm sure it's the problem. Not sure about the boards. One board looks shorted since the PSU won't start when I tried to power the daughterboard with it.
legendary

First, the daughterboard show me 4 small green lights  and 1 small red light, both do not blink at all. (Not the frontal one, directly on the board)

The front Ethernet jack and both front green and red light do not light up at all.

All i can see is a small hole on the small chip at U3 on the daughterboard . Not sure what it is.

I don't see any damage on the beaglebone board. The fan will slowly speed up and that's it. Nothing seems to boot.

EDIT: I try to boot with an SD card without success. look likes de BeagleBone controller is dead.

Thanks !

Herb

Do you have another S5 you could swap the BeagleBones with? If you check that both boards work well, getting your hands on a defective S5 would have been worth it.

Additionally if you do have a working S5 and manage to test and the 2 PCB work, you can plug 4 boards unto one S5 controller in the meantime, by putting the S5s on their side next to one another.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Thanks !

Herb
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Well after 1 mo use without rebuying PACMIC 3 based on S5 gave back 41.9% of my investment and 1.7% profit.
I was hoping for 50% in a mo, but we'll see if it will be able to make it to 100%+ profit.
If not, it would be my first and last attempt of cloud mining.

PACMIC to me seems like the biggest scam/gamble. Almost as bad as some of the games on here.
Might as well buy BTC or an alt coins, since they could have a ton higher returns. Even trade them as a day trader.

To get 50 percent in a month is a lot to ask at this point.  I don't see getting back that much first month, but I could be wrong.

If you are getting 50 percent in one month I need to start looking into it more.   What was timeline you thought you would get 100 percent back in?

I got 41.9%, not 50%. I was hoping for 100% in three months, but now i see that it would be longer, but hopefully before Dec 31.
The longer it is the less % profit you get in per year calculation.

If you managed it in 3 months that is something now.  It was common for 90 day ROI, people expected it.  But now it's MUCH longer for most people.

If you get 100 percent by dec 31 I see that as a win still.  That would be around 5 months if my math is right.

you have to realize that profits are limited and there is no miner to sell.
Bitcoin in-bitcoin plus small percentage is hopefully out (like a bond)
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Well after 1 mo use without rebuying PACMIC 3 based on S5 gave back 41.9% of my investment and 1.7% profit.
I was hoping for 50% in a mo, but we'll see if it will be able to make it to 100%+ profit.

PACMIC to me seems like the biggest scam/gamble. Almost as bad as some of the games on here.
Might as well buy BTC or an alt coins, since they could have a ton higher returns. Even trade them as a day trader.

To get 50 percent in a month is a lot to ask at this point.  I don't see getting back that much first month, but I could be wrong.

If you are getting 50 percent in one month I need to start looking into it more.   What was timeline you thought you would get 100 percent back in?

I got 41.9%, not 50%. I was hoping for 100% in three months, but now i see that it would be longer, but hopefully before Dec 31.

If you managed it in 3 months that is something now.  It was common for 90 day ROI, people expected it.  But now it's MUCH longer for most people.

If you get 100 percent by dec 31 I see that as a win still.  That would be around 5 months if my math is right.
legendary

legendary

trading never works long term.
pacmic is basically like a bond-you are hoping to get back your principal 100% plus some profit/interest.
it is one of the few things that basically structured to pay interest in bitcoin on your bitcoin.
i wanted to try and see what happens (bought it before S7 was introduced)
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

legendary
legendary
how much with shipping to UK address, lets say for 4 units?

Who are you talking to? If you're asking at random because the thread says "In stock $...etc" then the title is just misleading, the S5 is no longer in Stock. It's all about the S7 now.

Here is the link to get the info yourself;
https://www.bitmaintech.com/product.htm
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
how much with shipping to UK address, lets say for 4 units?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
It is also a bit odd, because at 350 you should be draining 580 watt with a 91~% PSU. Your chips all show "ooo.." etc?

You can use my review to compare consumption and hashrate from 350 to 450hz.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/reviewmy-experiencewith-bitmains-second-hand-used-antminer-s5-batch-7-1151326

all good, no x!
too many variables: wall voltage, psu vs psu, ambient temp, miner vs miner, fan rpm, pool, etc!
this are my numbers Smiley
will try 3 or more s5 on dps2000bb when i'm in mood and maybe more tests
Pages:
Jump to: