Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 24. (Read 450939 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
How do you SSH into a S5?

I know how to SSH into other linux boxes, but am having no luck with the S5.  I get a "Login as:" prompt and try "root" and my password for "root" but it does not like.  Is there something I overlooked in the web interface that turned this off?

I know just about enough about linux to be dangerous.  I would like to poke around and learn more about what goes on my my S5.

Thanks,

Tom
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I want to add a frequency to the table that you access on the S5 from cgminer Advanced Configuration.

There is a file at /config/cgminer.conf which contains the current settings but is there a file that contains the full table that can be added to?

Thanks

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I had a similar experience with an S2.  I had ordered 2x batch 3 and the UPS driver had brought the first one into my apartment building buzzed my room and went to get the second from the truck.  I came around the corner of the stairs just in time to see my second S2 and several other packages roll off his hand-truck sideways, roll down 3 steps and land upside down.  Amazingly both of these S2's had only minimal shipping damage.  The driver had acted like "this is what happens when you make me deliver all these heavy boxes".
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
I showed this to my UPS driver when I was first given the video. She said that drivers like that make them all look bad.
She said it does not even save any time to do that crap.  She is right. That extra second to set the package down would not have slowed his day down one bit.

memories...once I was waiting on UPS driver who was supposed to deliver the heavy S2.
UPS truck stopped near my house, driver started looking for my box, I came out (eager to get it safely)...out comes the driver who holds the box at his chest level, then proceeds to drop it on the truck floor from ~4-5ft...quite a bit of noise ensues. Then he sees me looking at him from a short distance...he had this hilarious expression of a kid being caught doing something wrong...anyway, he allowed me to write down that the package was dropped. S2 did work sans one board, but i did not bother complaining, sold it in a month or two as a 9/10 machine.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I showed this to my UPS driver when I was first given the video. She said that drivers like that make them all look bad.
She said it does not even save any time to do that crap.  She is right. That extra second to set the package down would not have slowed his day down one bit.

Well at least with the video and the quality of it can be classed as proof for a claim to be submitted. Just goes to show that some delivery people do not care about their job and how they treat customers packages.

That it was. LOL
Nice quality that is for sure.

OPEN UP YOUR EYES for the DELIVERY TRUCK, too  Cry

Ships Fast & FLY to your door via UPS

*This was actual one of the S5 deliveries in some town USA.

Damages caused by the carrier is not covered under the warranty!!!

Assholes. People like this need to be thrown around and shuckup . How about he comes to mine when am in throws shit, ill throw it right back at his face. UPS and DHL really do wind me up is people like this that cause us honest miners or buyers problems and claims have to be filed with the company that then taken months to have any action taken then again even if the miner was no broke Id be still making a full claim for it being not working. Hope the miner was not broke and was ok as with the protection they have seems strong enough to be rolled around like it had.

DHL in my area sucks he does not throw items.  But he will call at end of day and say something like "I'm at X buisness and will be here for 30 minutes if you drive here and get your package you can have it today, if not it will be tomorrow". I suspect he does this to the people at edge of his delivery as that is what I am.  I can count on a call every time though.

And of-course he marks it as if he delivered to your house so he gets paid mileage.  He just sits in his truck.   If it was not miners I would make it the next day but so far every time it's been a miner. 

that video looks very familiar I believe that was filmed on one of my security cameras I remember hearing that story
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Well at least with the video and the quality of it can be classed as proof for a claim to be submitted. Just goes to show that some delivery people do not care about their job and how they treat customers packages.

That it was. LOL

Assholes. People like this need to be thrown around and shuckup . How about he comes to mine when am in throws shit, ill throw it right back at his face. UPS and DHL really do wind me up is people like this that cause us honest miners or buyers problems and claims have to be filed with the company that then taken months to have any action taken then again even if the miner was no broke Id be still making a full claim for it being not working. Hope the miner was not broke and was ok as with the protection they have seems strong enough to be rolled around like it had.

DHL in my area sucks he does not throw items.  But he will call at end of day and say something like "I'm at X buisness and will be here for 30 minutes if you drive here and get your package you can have it today, if not it will be tomorrow". I suspect he does this to the people at edge of his delivery as that is what I am.  I can count on a call every time though.

And of-course he marks it as if he delivered to your house so he gets paid mileage.  He just sits in his truck.   If it was not miners I would make it the next day but so far every time it's been a miner. 

that video looks very familiar I believe that was filmed on one of my security cameras I remember hearing that story
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
That it was. LOL

legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I swapped blade 1 and 2 so that blade 1 would be the one showing the temperature reading.  Still not working

I disconnected the "now" blade 2 and will not hash with only blade 1 but everything else looks ok.

I tried disconnecting blade 1 but learned it will not even start up without blade 1....  Not surprised.

I switched controller boards again but same result.

I will try to flash with latest firmware and see if that makes a difference.

If not, I guess I will try swapping out piece by piece until the entire unit is different.  Fun project to take up a Sunday.

Update:  Flashing firmware did not make any difference.

I offer you for 2 blades together 100USD + shipping costs US or EU. (depending on your location)
No need for radiators and cables, only the screws with springs and 2 x blades.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Below is a screenshot of one of my AntMiner S5's which does not seem to want to hash.

I replaced the fan because it was not running.  The replacement fan runs and the green light is flashing.

I replaced the controller and reset to default.

I have swapped ribbon cables with another unit.  It looks like the fact that I get a 0 temp on board 1 is keeping me from hashing.

Any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks,

Tom Travis

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylh7aunhjvuzo1m/AntminerScreen.jpg?dl=0

Does it work with only the second blade? It might be possible if one blade is completely wrecked that it messed up the controller.

I swapped blade 1 and 2 so that blade 1 would be the one showing the temperature reading.  Still not working

I disconnected the "now" blade 2 and will not hash with only blade 1 but everything else looks ok.

I tried disconnecting blade 1 but learned it will not even start up without blade 1....  Not surprised.

I switched controller boards again but same result.

I will try to flash with latest firmware and see if that makes a difference.

If not, I guess I will try swapping out piece by piece until the entire unit is different.  Fun project to take up a Sunday.

Update:  Flashing firmware did not make any difference.
legendary
6blades on 3 water blocks? or 6blades on 6 water blocks?

i have water input and output at the waterblock ~30C and reported temp on the blade is ~50C

looks like i have a bed contact between the s5 blade and wb or the s5 is giving off too much heat for this aluminium wb....

6 blades 4 water blocks, syscooling housing http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=51

Images from housing can be viewed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914354.40
Activity: 742
6blades on 3 water blocks? or 6blades on 6 water blocks?

i have water input and output at the waterblock ~30C and reported temp on the blade is ~50C

looks like i have a bed contact between the s5 blade and wb or the s5 is giving off too much heat for this aluminium wb....
legendary
what is your lowest s5 temperature on water?
can't get water cooled s5 under 50C! is this normal? in the same condition, i have under 30C temperature on c1!

I have not measured the temperature of the water. It may be 35-40 degrees Celsius.  Antminer shows 57-63 for
six blades at frequency 350 .I am using  SC-BC2  cooling kit  http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=46
what is your lowest s5 temperature on water?
can't get water cooled s5 under 50C! is this normal? in the same condition, i have under 30C temperature on c1!
legendary
testing atm with File System Version   Wed Jul 15 15:36:15 CST 2015

after 16m6s  i have ~2,286.79gh

temp on the 3*12cm original C1 radiator is hooooooooooooooot! ~70c!!!

This radiator is not for S5

If you put other and faster  fans, You can use it with 2x S5 blade.

With original fans You can use it with formula
1 radiator=1x S5 blade.
testing atm with File System Version   Wed Jul 15 15:36:15 CST 2015

after 16m6s  i have ~2,286.79gh

temp on the 3*12cm original C1 radiator is hooooooooooooooot! ~70c!!!
legendary
So is it safe to run 4 blades on 1 controller??
thx!

Yes. 4 blades and 2 x S5 original FAN.

My water-cooled S5 miners works for more than half a year with 3 or 4 blades.
So is it safe to run 4 blades on 1 controller??
thx!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

Pages:
Jump to: