Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 50. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
selling the "used" s5s at full price is really shady..

It's not shady, it's blatantly deceptive and a lie.

Call them used and price them appropriately.  I hope no one buys a single one, you'd be an idiot to pay full price for a used item.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
It would make it where the hobby miner is one who is cheated.  
This has, arguably, already happened over the last six months or so.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Looks like S5b7 shipping was pushed back a week, from July 29th to August 5th.

Biggest suprise reading it "[Second Hand] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7"  ....  I just wonder what second hand really means. 

When they ran a miner during a batch it was still described as new.   Second hand... think it's coming from data centers wanting to unload whall it's still top product there?   

What's everyone's guess?

im guessing its data centers that got first shot on the s7s and they had some trade in

That would do a good amount of gain of difficulty.  Old gear goes to home user and data center got new gear, no gear comes offline.

Honestly this scenario scares the crap out of me.  If they let the big customers with entire data centers sell back gear.   It would make it where the hobby miner is one who is cheated.   

Would also mean what ever is next the first X amount (huge amount) goes to the data centers they get these S5's from. 

I just want this scenario to be wrong... but I'm afraid.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Biggest suprise reading it "[Second Hand] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7"  ....  I just wonder what second hand really means. 

When they ran a miner during a batch it was still described as new.   Second hand... think it's coming from data centers wanting to unload whall it's still top product there?   

What's everyone's guess?

Second hand mean the burnt ones.
 Tongue Grin
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

What's everyone's guess?

im guessing its data centers that got first shot on the s7s and they had some trade in

legendary
Activity: 1456

What's everyone's guess?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
legendary
Activity: 1274
Is anyone really going to be dumb enough to buy used miners at new prices right before new hardware is supposed to come out?  I hope they don't sell a single unit of "batch 7".

Hi,

If anyone is interested, there is a 4 BTC AntMiner firmware job posted: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/5-btc-antminer-firmware-job-1134751

Kind regards,
NiceHash

um kano is doing it.. he already released a s3 firmware that makes the cpu down to .5 and a lot more stable
i think he is working on s4 now, then on to s5.

you should send some btc his way.

Kano is doing his own S5 work, he is not doing the NH 4BTC bounty one linked.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Hi,

If anyone is interested, there is a 4 BTC AntMiner firmware job posted: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/5-btc-antminer-firmware-job-1134751

Kind regards,
NiceHash

um kano is doing it.. he already released a s3 firmware that makes the cpu down to .5 and a lot more stable
i think he is working on s4 now, then on to s5.

you should send some btc his way.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
S5 been out of stock all day. Wonder if they finally REALLY ran out this time?

last two days Smiley !! next one is coming .

Wrong !  not again  https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150725135246063Xsvs9J9J06AE

BITMAIN ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7: The New Standard

Second hand of Antminer S5 are available. Miners are in good status, only with some scratches or dust in appearance. This minor defect is cosmetic only and won't affect the performance of the miner.

Shipping out no later than July 29 after full payment. 

Note:

The price of bitcoin mining rigs has to be adjusted very often according to lots of factors, including the BTC/USD exchange rate, the network difficulty and its expectation. No refund request based on price change will be honored.

So they're going to sell as many of their current mining farm miners they can as used, for new prices, then announce next gen.

Damn, that's cold.

There not going to announce anything there selling out because they either going all cloud or there broke and there going to disappear off radar once there sold out ! they run !

Activity: 544
Merit: 507
The batch 7 new price is outrageous ... they acted bad and the should feel bad..

so. NO WAY JOSE
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
in my opinion s5 it was not a good product, too many problems, so far the best product I've seen were s3 +, those miners were the armed wagon, hopefully in s6 / s7 something powerful and low noise Embarrassed

In my opinion, it has some issues.  Loud fans, and a firmware issue.  However, I also think it's been a good product.

Swapping fans was an easy fix.  The firmware needed repair, but that is a firmware issue and the hardware has worked well.  Overall, I've been pleased with the S5 as a miner.  (that doesn't negate some of the other issues we've seen this year surrounding the S5).
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
antminer S5 lotto 7, USD 394 = btc 1.417.  miner used? crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

they are almost (seemingly) in a monopoly position, hence the price.
However, to compare-check ebay with SP20 somewhere above 600 in final price. There are a couple auctions ending in 4-5 days, so we will see what the price would be.
SP30 is bidding at $2333 right now, which is equal ~$520/S5 ($596 by GH minus ~$76 for PSU)
Broken SP20 for parts or repair is bidding $307 right now.
It is what it is.

I conclude that right now there is misbalance of supply/demand=sellers market.
In January there was a severe buyers market, hence Bitmain price-"killed" SP20, which was sold for a loss for the final batch at $400.

Ebay: SP35 highest bid 3050$ right now! I bought a couple of days ago SP31 for 790€  Grin. That 394 usd for used S5 is really crazy. But what can you do if you want mine(r) at home. I sold my rigs in May but when I was offered that SP31 I had to buy it.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
antminer S5 lotto 7, USD 394 = btc 1.417.  miner used? crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

they are almost (seemingly) in a monopoly position, hence the price.
However, to compare-check ebay with SP20 somewhere above 600 in final price. There are a couple auctions ending in 4-5 days, so we will see what the price would be.
SP30 is bidding at $2333 right now, which is equal ~$520/S5 ($596 by GH minus ~$76 for PSU)
Broken SP20 for parts or repair has the bid at $307 right now.
It is what it is.

I conclude that right now there is misbalance of supply/demand=sellers market.
In January there was a severe buyers market, hence Bitmain price-"killed" SP20, which was sold for a loss for the final batch at $400.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Current USD rate is over $288 yet they have their's set at $278

Good catch.  I will have to make a point of paying attention to that if I wind up buying anything from them again.
Activity: 798
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Now here is the proof, if any was needed, that bitmain do NOT care about the bitcoin eco-system, let alone the home miner (and not that they have / need to).
Without any question, the S:Next-one is already in production and being deployed in their own mining operation. And the suggestion by some that bitmain's strategy includes playing their part to limit network diff growth through limiting rig's sales to the home miner for the benefit of us all is all but wishful thinking. They are in it for themselves (and I don't blame them for that), but price gouging home miners is a despicable act on their part. Current USD rate is over $288 yet they have their's set at $278, and that for overpriced, used equipement ... well, they are the only game in town so why not?
An absolute disgrace!
to know the characteristics of the new hardware must wait selling everything antminer s5, but I think the price is very high, even if works are always miner who worked a lot, so they have little life, and the price is too high,
Option 1: lower the price to $ 200
Option 2: leave the price $ 394 with free shipping.
we must consider that we have to pay the customs, and in my country (Italy) ask me 89 € to customs fees.

therefore 394 + 50 + 89 Shipping customs fees = $ 533 for a miner used.

for me can remain in their factory. Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
If they really are selling their pool hardware so they can upgrade what is already the largest pool then these things are way over priced.  The difficulty is going to go up a lot and these things will see diminished returns quickly.  I am interested to know what the specs are on their 4th gen asics if they really exist.
antminer S5 lotto 7, USD 394 = btc 1.417.  miner used? crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Pages:
Jump to: