Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 53. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Thanks alot guys I was trying really hard to block the BFL part of my life from memory.

I would rather buy an S5 at current prices than to have the memories of BFL come back.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Wait,wasn't he with Technobit Huh  They screwed over folks almost as bad as BFL
Yep. Dude sure does love to troll and shitpost.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
0.2 w/gh is a big step! If they can do this, there will change the market for sure!  Grin
No shit Grin
They will do nothing until next bubble  Grin
And do remember to remove 30% from advertised hash rate and double w/GH in order to face real world from China specs Grin
Finaly be prepared for a battle with bright and shiny Chinese web and closed source shitty software...
How nice a?

Agreed. You [only this guy] should stick to good old american Butterfly Labs. MUUURICAAAAH!!!!

Wait,wasn't he with Technobit Huh  They screwed over folks almost as bad as BFL...............  Roll Eyes

I don't know if they did BFL level.  I mean BFL was to level US government got involved.  So not just personal lawsuits but agencies.

We really don't need to throw this topic off much more though this is a S5 thread Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
0.2 w/gh is a big step! If they can do this, there will change the market for sure!  Grin
No shit Grin
And do remember to remove 30% from advertised hash rate and double w/GH in order to face real world from China specs Grin
Finaly be prepared for a battle with bright and shiny Chinese web and closed source shitty software...
How nice a?

Agreed. You [only this guy] should stick to good old american Butterfly Labs. MUUURICAAAAH!!!!

Wait,wasn't he with Technobit Huh  They screwed over folks almost as bad as BFL...............  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
No shit Grin
How nice a?

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
At the moment, there is no discount on the miner.  (This is per the GREED Team)

I rather go with these guys here is a little competition BITMAIN.

http://lketc.com/enindex.aspx

That looks VERY good ....I wonder how well the S:Next-one compares .... I make that 0.2J/GH if my numbers are right.

14nm? That's GlobalFoundries. Might be legit. Anyone with any experience with these? Can Bitmain smack us over the head with some impressive specs on their S7?
legendary
Activity: 1610
No shit Grin
How nice a?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
0.2 w/gh is a big step! If they can do this, there will change the market for sure!  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
At the moment, there is no discount on the miner.  (This is per the GREED Team)

That looks VERY good ....I wonder how well the S:Next-one compares .... I make that 0.2J/GH if my numbers are right.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

They are not little competition they are huge.  They have shown what they can do with the A1 and A2 chips.   But that is really for another thread.

Lucky you seem like an alt what is your original accounts name?

That's what I meant BIG competition as said little as a joke.

What do you mean ALT this is the only account I have I am new to this forum why did you ask that ?
legendary

They are not little competition they are huge.  They have shown what they can do with the A1 and A2 chips.   But that is really for another thread.

Lucky you seem like an alt what is your original accounts name?

At the moment, there is no discount on the miner.  (This is per the Greed Team)

They are taking everybody for everything they got. Do you think they are really going to lower it no way as long as suckers are buying it will probably go up more.

legendary
At the moment, there is no discount on the miner.  (This is per the Sales Team)

Thanks for official response.

Not what I was expecting but nice to have an official anwser.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
At the moment, there is no discount on the miner.  (This is per the Sales Team)
legendary
I was going to buy 500 S5's, they wont drop a single dollar on a 500 unit bulk buy... Roll Eyes

Talk to one of their seling contacts.   I could be wrong but if  you talk direct with bitmain I would think they do something with 500 unless they don't have 500 in stock, or your asking for two much off.
Activity: 18
I was going to buy 500 S5's, they wont drop a single dollar on a 500 unit bulk buy... Roll Eyes
The actual connectors (per MOLEX datasheets) commonly used on PCi-E power connections are specified for 8 amps per contact (the contacts themselve are seperately rated for 11 amps but that is an OPEN AIR rating, you have to derate for using them in a multi-contact connector due to heat retention). This works out to the +12 connectors on either a 6-pin OR an 8-pin PCi-E connector maxxing out at 288 watts (which is where that maximum "Max PSU Power Unit" figure per connector/loop on the SP20 comes FROM).

You're have to be overclocking a S5 to exceed that rating on one connector - but it's STILL a bad idea, as the boards aren't designed to be run from a single connector and you're likely to be overstressing some of the +12V traces ON the boards a lot by misconnecting the power leads.

This is the reason Titans have so MANY power connector issues - they DID exceed the rating of the connector even at their STOCK clock, pulling over 300 watts per connector (the extra 2 pins on a PCi-E 8-pin connector are both GROUND leads, IMO a rather dumb thing for the PCi-E spec to have done - sure, the ground leads run cooler, but that doesn't appreciably help the +12 leads).

Keeping the bottom of an S5 on a flat surface helps cooling overall a LOT - raising it up lets a LOT of the airflow escape without cooling anything. It's even a good idea to try to close off the open parts of the top to help cooling some, but that's less importans as the controller board blocks quite a bit of the top airflow excape route.

its not the pci-e connector you should worry about..
i would NEVER run a miner with only 1 pci-e on each side... even tho its "in spec" this will probably happen.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8805/17064397165_e629aa0744_c.jpg

That's why it requires 4 connectors.

Sadly people try to be cheap and try 2.  Two will work on a S3 it simply does not use as much electricity.

With the S5 you have to have 4 lines of power.  Not 4 connectors, but 4 lines coming from psu.  PCIe was not meant to run sub 600 watts on two wires, so it needs 4.

That's what I meant but I said 4 connectors by mistake sorry.
legendary
The actual connectors (per MOLEX datasheets) commonly used on PCi-E power connections are specified for 8 amps per contact (the contacts themselve are seperately rated for 11 amps but that is an OPEN AIR rating, you have to derate for using them in a multi-contact connector due to heat retention). This works out to the +12 connectors on either a 6-pin OR an 8-pin PCi-E connector maxxing out at 288 watts (which is where that maximum "Max PSU Power Unit" figure per connector/loop on the SP20 comes FROM).

You're have to be overclocking a S5 to exceed that rating on one connector - but it's STILL a bad idea, as the boards aren't designed to be run from a single connector and you're likely to be overstressing some of the +12V traces ON the boards a lot by misconnecting the power leads.

This is the reason Titans have so MANY power connector issues - they DID exceed the rating of the connector even at their STOCK clock, pulling over 300 watts per connector (the extra 2 pins on a PCi-E 8-pin connector are both GROUND leads, IMO a rather dumb thing for the PCi-E spec to have done - sure, the ground leads run cooler, but that doesn't appreciably help the +12 leads).

Keeping the bottom of an S5 on a flat surface helps cooling overall a LOT - raising it up lets a LOT of the airflow escape without cooling anything. It's even a good idea to try to close off the open parts of the top to help cooling some, but that's less importans as the controller board blocks quite a bit of the top airflow excape route.

i would NEVER run a miner with only 1 pci-e on each side... even tho its "in spec" this will probably happen.

Sadly people try to be cheap and try 2.  Two will work on a S3 it simply does not use as much electricity.

With the S5 you have to have 4 lines of power.  Not 4 connectors, but 4 lines coming from psu.  PCIe was not meant to run sub 600 watts on two wires, so it needs 4.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8805/17064397165_e629aa0744_c.jpg

Pages:
Jump to: