Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 253. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I worry about pumping 800 Watts through a PSU that's rated 850 Watts.

In theory, you should have no issues with pumping 800W sustained out of an 850W power supply. 50W is a decent margin.

In practice, Corsair RM 850 for example.

So an HX850 should be fine, the only difference I see is that the RM850 is fully modular while the HX850 is partially modular.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

In theory, you should have no issues with pumping 800W sustained out of an 850W power supply. 50W is a decent margin.

In practice, Corsair RM 850 for example.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Well if I can run one of these bad boys off of 2 HX850's, I am going to have to sell my last S5 and S1-S3+ upgrade (OC'd and hashing at 500 which is sweet and reliable) just to get one out of the next batch so my 4 HX850's can be used.  Guess I'll have to test it first to see if I can reliably do that.  I worry about pumping 800 Watts through a PSU that's rated 850 Watts.

It would probably work, but the S7 I'm running of 2x PSU's are a lot more unstable than the ones I run on 1 PSU. 100 GH/s lower as well, and can't handle overclock at all.
100 GH/s more on the ones I run of Bitmain's PSU and an EVGA 1600W G2.

Multi-meter readings show a 0.1V difference on the dual PSU setup, compared to 1x PSU. So the problem might actually be that the PSU's themselves. Running 2x boards on XFX1250 and 1x board + controller of a cheap ass Corsair 650W.

Hmm, well I'll definitely have to do some testing with my 4 PSU's on my B3 that's coming tomorrow.  I was originally planning running 3 PSU's with it, 1 for each board +controller.  I know they can handle that.  But if I can squeeze out enough juice to power a second S7, I'd rather do that than my S5+S3 combined mostly for the energy efficiency when it comes down to it.  If I have to consider a new PSU, I'll have to evaluate that cost with the next S7 batch to determine if ROI is possible.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Here is the difference between stock firmware and oct 23 600 firmware running 15 s7's against nicehash.
If you look at the start on the left for about an inch that is the stock firmware running.
After that all oct 23 firmware. The downward spikes are rebooting on my end for naming configuration.
Two more s7's from oct 12 order will arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the image tip dmwardjr.

https://i.imgur.com/Ei7K1vH.jpg

thanks
not familiar with their interface.
what's green and what's blue? are we comparing first inch of green with the rest of the green or first inch of blue with the rest of blue?
First inch of blue histogram with the rest.

sorry, but first inch of blue is essentially at zero.
First inch of blue mass where the new miners are running.
First inch is just below 75TH, after that pretty much right on it.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

I just received a shipping notice from UPS for delivery tomorrow for an order from 10/18; although, it is still showing Unshipped in Bitmain.    Cheesy  I still have more orders on 10/24 and 10/25.

was it b2 or b3? it would be helpful to know.
my 10/16 b2 order is still nowhere to be seen.

Why did they make batch 2 available anyway if they don't deliver it at least on par with b3, without even considering that one might expect b2 to be delivered BEFORE b3 as the common logic suggests.

The order was for Batch 3.  
Here is the difference between stock firmware and oct 23 600 firmware running 15 s7's against nicehash.
If you look at the start on the left for about an inch that is the stock firmware running.
After that all oct 23 firmware. The downward spikes are rebooting on my end for naming configuration.

Very interesting. I assume everything was set the same, Frequency extranonce etc? Would be instructive if Bitmain would let us know what the differences were?

Rich
Everything identical, extranonce of course.
Would be nice for a blurb from bitmain but "works better" comes to mind.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

thanks
what's green and what's blue? are we comparing first inch of green with the rest of the green or first inch of blue with the rest of blue?

sorry, but first inch of blue is essentially at zero-so, it did not work with previous software, but works with current or you are talking about a second inch compared with the rest. i see some increase there (maybe 5% or so).
Activity: 140
Well if I can run one of these bad boys off of 2 HX850's, I am going to have to sell my last S5 and S1-S3+ upgrade (OC'd and hashing at 500 which is sweet and reliable) just to get one out of the next batch so my 4 HX850's can be used.  Guess I'll have to test it first to see if I can reliably do that.  I worry about pumping 800 Watts through a PSU that's rated 850 Watts.

It would probably work, but the S7 I'm running of 2x PSU's are a lot more unstable than the ones I run on 1 PSU. 100 GH/s lower as well, and can't handle overclock at all.
100 GH/s more on the ones I run of Bitmain's PSU and an EVGA 1600W G2.

Multi-meter readings show a 0.1V difference on the dual PSU setup, compared to 1x PSU. So the problem might actually be that the PSU's themselves. Running 2x boards on XFX1250 and 1x board + controller of a cheap ass Corsair 650W.

thanks

thanks

The green is the pay rate which you can't see in the graph.  The blue is the average hash of the miners, show in Th on the right.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Very interesting. I assume everything was set the same, Frequency extranonce etc? Would be instructive if Bitmain would let us know what the differences were?

Rich
legendary

thanks

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I just received a shipping notice from UPS for delivery tomorrow for an order from 10/18; although, it is still showing Unshipped in Bitmain.    Cheesy  I still have more orders on 10/24 and 10/25.

So I ordered my batch 2 on the 29th of sept I paid on October 5 and mine will arrive on the same day as you.

Plus you paid with btc that rose in value so I am sure you paid less btc then me.

I figure the early batch 2 buyers were overcharged about a btc compared to some one like yourself.

Not hating bitmaintech but poorly handled by them.

Well when mine comes today hopefully it works well.
legendary

I just received a shipping notice from UPS for delivery tomorrow for an order from 10/18; although, it is still showing Unshipped in Bitmain.    Cheesy  I still have more orders on 10/24 and 10/25.

was it b2 or b3? it would be helpful to know.
my 10/16 b2 order is still nowhere to be seen.

Why did they make batch 2 available anyway if they don't deliver it at least on par with b3, without even considering that one might expect b2 to be delivered BEFORE b3 as the common logic suggests.
legendary
Mine for a Bit

I just received a shipping notice from UPS for delivery tomorrow for an order from 10/18; although, it is still showing Unshipped in Bitmain.    Cheesy  I still have more orders on 10/24 and 10/25.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Hello to you all.
Received my ANT7 Batch 1 yesterday.
Also received the PSU from Bitmain.

Yesterday i pluged everything, configured and "voilá"... it was mining...

Everything OK by 2 hours... after that the unit started to beep.. i needed to poert it off.
Connected again... and once again it was mining.

After 2 hours the some problem... the mining decrese to almost 0, the unit started gain to beeb.
Power off and power down again
The unit beeps again and again... works for 3 to 4 minuts until it stops mining

From 21PM yesterday the unit is producing ZERO... its beeping almost shure (i'm in home, and the unit in in my office).
The ANT7 is connected to a swhitch and then the switch is connected to a router.

Im a newbie, and i thought this was power on and let go... i see its more complicated for a 2500€ machine. Angry
Is there any troubleshotting guide?
Help is needed.

Dogie, would be a good one to talk to at the following thread specifically for the S7:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-bitmain-antminer-s7-setup-hd-1194785

There are many others in THIS thread who are quite capable of helping as well.  The chances of many of us being awake at this hour is not very good.  It may be that I can help...

You can start by posting a screenshot of the "miner status" in this thread and the other thread I gave you a link to so you can see who answers the quickest.  We also need the manufacturer of your Power Supply Unit (PSU), model, watts, etc...

If you don't know how to post a screenshot on here, follow directions below:

Go to imgur.com

Click "upload images" at the top of the page.

Drag your image(s) to the page for upload.

Once you have dragged all the images you want uploaded to the window, Click "Start Upload."

The image I have posted below will provide instructions in text bubbles for which "link" to copy and paste in the forum.  So, look at the image below for further instructions:

{If you drag multiple images into the window for upload, it will only provide a link to the image and no option to post the images themselves in the forum.  Either way is fine though}

dmwardjr-------I have to say that you are a very good person!!!!   You have helped me in the past and are continuing to help other to the best of your ability.  Just from me, Thank You!
Activity: 182
Hello to you all.
Received my ANT7 Batch 1 yesterday.
Also received the PSU from Bitmain.

Yesterday i pluged everything, configured and "voilá"... it was mining...

Everything OK by 2 hours... after that the unit started to beep.. i needed to poert it off.
Connected again... and once again it was mining.

After 2 hours the some problem... the mining decrese to almost 0, the unit started gain to beeb.
Power off and power down again
The unit beeps again and again... works for 3 to 4 minuts until it stops mining

From 21PM yesterday the unit is producing ZERO... its beeping almost shure (i'm in home, and the unit in in my office).
The ANT7 is connected to a swhitch and then the switch is connected to a router.

Im a newbie, and i thought this was power on and let go... i see its more complicated for a 2500€ machine. Angry
Is there any troubleshotting guide?
Help is needed.

Did you login to the miner and configure it or simply plug it in?

Ufo
Jump to: