Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 314. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I keep getting happier I decided to skip the S7.

8-)

was not such a big temptation for me at 13.5c kwh and 100 amp service (2 titans at 2500w already) ie poof goes the panel in a puddle if I'd plug one of them S7's in Smiley

also the RMA to china w/o a pay and swap components option (ie you pay for say controller board to be shipped soonest and you get credit when it arrives off credit card)

also not thrilled by 90 day warranty

so yeah ...would be an evil temptress thou .if they had like a 'store front' of them like too blocks over thou (I've done dumber stuff impulse buying)

but alas home mining is all over for me

(sits in bleachers watches the asic parade go buy)

Wait for the price rally. If/when bitcoin price is rising faster than difficulty, hardware prices drop significantly (ie: <0.8btc/TH) and mining is profitable almost anywhere
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

Update:
Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 10/12/2015, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Departed - Shenzhen, China, Thursday, 10/08/2015

Im thinking that if you ordered 1 day ahead of me your order will be shipped tomorrow? Good luck. And never buy batch 1 from Bitmain again : )

I got a weird call from someone identifying themselves as DHL Saturday night.  They indicated I had a shipment from China worth over $2500 in customs and they needed my SSN to process it.   Is this a new US Government action?  This is the first time I've exceeded that value in a single order.

I have not heard anything from BitMain, but I did get two text from DHL yesterday.  The first one came in the morning and had a bad tracking number.  The second came last night and is the same as above.  FYI - my order date was 9/2/2015.  Now just hoping I don't miss the doorbell ringing.

I would call DHL direct before ever providing my ssn to someone on the phone. Just to make sure.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Like everyone else, my order has now been marked as shipped in the Bitmain system without an email or tracking number.

Whether it's actually shipped or not I don't know. I'm not currently in a position to search FedEx for the Bitmain order number as a reference.

Since I have very little trust remaining for Bitmain, I suspect they are simply changing the orders in their system to prevent paying their meager compensation. Also, they can use it as a further argument against those of us who have asked for a full refund. Can't refund if the order is "shipped", right?

I hate to think the worst of them, but it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt with this mess...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Update:
Scheduled Delivery:

Last Location:

Im thinking that if you ordered 1 day ahead of me your order will be shipped tomorrow? Good luck. And never buy batch 1 from Bitmain again : )

I got a weird call from someone identifying themselves as DHL Saturday night.  They indicated I had a shipment from China worth over $2500 in customs and they needed my SSN to process it.   Is this a new US Government action?  This is the first time I've exceeded that value in a single order.

I have not heard anything from BitMain, but I did get two text from DHL yesterday.  The first one came in the morning and had a bad tracking number.  The second came last night and is the same as above.  FYI - my order date was 9/2/2015.  Now just hoping I don't miss the doorbell ringing.

I'm pretty sure this is normal. I don't know what a "SSN" is (Norwegian). But I got similar request from UPS. They would not ship the packages from China before I had pre-paid the 25% VAT (import tax basically). They also explained this would not have happend if Bitmain had supplied them with a proper invoice with the package. Instead they use a form (don't remember what it's called), that the Norwegian customs don't approve. UPS actually just sent me a text "Please transfer 3100$ to this account number to continue the shipping process" They also provided me with a tracking number.

Still haven't heard a word from Bitmain since they got my money.
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

Update:
Scheduled Delivery:

Last Location:

I got a weird call from someone identifying themselves as DHL Saturday night.  They indicated I had a shipment from China worth over $2500 in customs and they needed my SSN to process it.   Is this a new US Government action?  This is the first time I've exceeded that value in a single order.

I have not heard anything from BitMain, but I did get two text from DHL yesterday.  The first one came in the morning and had a bad tracking number.  The second came last night and is the same as above.  FYI - my order date was 9/2/2015.  Now just hoping I don't miss the doorbell ringing.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Mine is marked shipped since this morning, with tracking number included...  Wink
legendary
I just checked mine.  I ordered 09/03/15 at 06:05am.  It is marked "shipped."

I too have a UPS account but nothing is shown as being shipped.

Curious, does it have a date marked for shipped date?

I just checked my account and it says my order is shipped, but with no tracking number.
There is a date placed in the send details of:          Date   2015-09-28 00:00:00
No, it just changed to shipped in the past 8 hours - definitely NOT 9-28 and where is the tracking?
I hope they don't attempt to compensate based upon this supposed ship date.

Same for me as well. Order placed 9/1 but date shipped shows 9/28 but that date was just added around 3am eastern time this morning. Maybe their way of saying they beat the shipping deadline?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

I just checked my account and it says my order is shipped, but with no tracking number.
There is a date placed in the send details of:          Date   2015-09-28 00:00:00
No, it just changed to shipped in the past 8 hours - definitely 9-28 and where is the tracking?

Same here. The email arrived 7 hrs ago and says it has shipped, no tracking info and also based on 9-28 ship date. Most odd...  Huh
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

There is a date placed in the send details of:          Date   2015-09-28 00:00:00
No, it just changed to shipped in the past 8 hours - definitely NOT 9-28 and where is the tracking?

legendary
I planned on ordering a second unit but definitely not happening until the one I paid for already arrives and some sort of compensation is provided whether it be coupons or whatever. The lack of communication is the most frustrating part.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Lol, they did the same thing to me. I have a UPS account as well and I show no tracking number or record using my order number.

Send Details
Carrier   
Tracking No.   

Ufo

Same here...showing as shipped but no info...
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

We're running them with brand new EVGA 1600 Golds each with a dedicated 20amp circuit from the panel, and it makes me wonder if these units are not particularly power sensitive and voltage issues are mainly causing some peoples underhashing problems, especially with all the talk of running them on two, maybe three power supplies, some different brands and many used and possibly worn out.

Perhaps, but getting new PSU every time you get new miner could eat into your ROI. Granted, if two EVGA 750 are worse than one Evga 1600, than OK, but I don't think that you or someone else knows it yet for sure. Regarding running 2 S5 on one EVGA 1300-haven't done this, but I did run two S3 on one EVGA 1300 for months, so maybe the problem was with those machines and not PSU, but I digress.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

8-)

was not such a big temptation for me at 13.5c kwh and 100 amp service (2 titans at 2500w already) ie poof goes the panel in a puddle if I'd plug one of them S7's in Smiley

also the RMA to china w/o a pay and swap components option (ie you pay for say controller board to be shipped soonest and you get credit when it arrives off credit card)

also not thrilled by 90 day warranty

so yeah ...would be an evil temptress thou .if they had like a 'store front' of them like too blocks over thou (I've done dumber stuff impulse buying)

but alas home mining is all over for me

(sits in bleachers watches the asic parade go buy)
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Lol, they did the same thing to me. I have a UPS account as well and I show no tracking number or record using my order number.

Send Details
Carrier   
Tracking No.   

Ufo
Activity: 61
Merit: 23

My 9/4 and 9/6 batch also now show shipped, however, UPS does not show them scanned inbound yet. We create shipments out of our warehouse all day, but none of the UPS trackers will show up in thier system until we close end of day and upload those shipments from our terminal, so it ulikely any of the shipments Bitmain is doing today will show up on UPS until close of business Monday China time. If I were them Id be marking those orders shipped as fast as possible in their system even if they were not going to physically leave the warehouse for half a day. I imagine we'll have trackers by Monday afternoon EST. If we don't, we'll know what they did.

By the way, all 4 of my batch one rigs are running 4.86 at 600 two weks solid now. I do have to softboot them after powerup to get them to run at100%. We're running them with brand new EVGA 1600 Golds each with a dedicated 20amp circuit from the panel, and it makes me wonder if these units are not particularly power sensitive and voltage issues are mainly causing some peoples underhashing problems, especially with all the talk of running them on two, maybe three power supplies, some different brands and many used and possibly worn out. Check those voltages at each lead as per what some of the other users are posting here as good voltage levels.

Finally, I cannot fathom why anyone would buy a $2000 miner and try to cobble together some cheap power solution out of what they have laying around. A brand new EVGA 1600 is around $320 and will be consistant, rock solid, and will allow a desirable 25% power overhead for 100% uptime. After a year it will still be worth $200, so what is anyone really gaining by trying to run a smaller PSU up against the wall or powering the unit from multiple smaller units. I'm just saying this because I run 32 S5's and have all but 6 of them on their own EVGA 750's. Those we do run 2x each 20amp circuit, and have had zero iasues even when it was 80 frigin degrees in the warehouse all summer. The other 6 run split off of 3 EVGA 1300's, and those 6 are the only ones that have had hash boards go bad (2) running about 9 months now. I  think there has to be something to that so when we ordered our S7's I made sure to get each one a new 1600 PSU rather then try to recycle our old ones or run them off of 2 smaller units. Time will tell, but just a thought.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

8-)
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Just checked my Bitmain account and my order from 9/8 is marked shipped but UPS shows no such item in their system.

EDIT: wondering since they are talking compensation  for being late if they have done just what someone else said about just printing labels. will watch my UPS account closely to see when the package enters their system.

Sounds as it very well may be another week before they ship.

Dear loyal customers,

We're sorry to inform you that we didn't make the shipment of some orders today as promised. When we did the last spot check, we found some issues which cannot be delivered to you directly, engineers are working on it now and shipment should be arranged before end of next week.

Due to this trouble, we'd like to offer you the compensation following 97.5%*PPS payment according to the total hash rate of miners in order, starting from Oct. 11 Hong Kong Time, till the real shipping out date(which is not included), with electricity cost deducted at the price of $0.098/KWH.

The accounting unit is Bitcoin in the calculating, while USD is considered as a foreign currency. The day to day exchange rate will be get from Bitstamp daily average.

The final payment will be after we have collected your payment address, and we will inform you the way to confirm your receiving address with us.

After collect all the necessary info, we'll process the refund by batches, please wait for update patiently.

Apologize again!

Dear loyal customers,

We are sorry that the deliver of some of our orders has been delayed. We will give a form notice here regarding to this issue tomorrow morning, Hong Kong Time.
Jump to: