Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 332. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

I'm running my S7 @ stock speed @ 2500rpm fans @ 30C ambient without issue. Its not inconceivable that one might be able to do the same after replacing fans given a lower ambient. Also worth remembering that both the ASICMiner Tube and Prisma cooled ~1KW through a longer heatsink using a single fan. And in the case of the ASICMiner Tube it was possible to replace the fan with 2x Corsair SP120s which are quite a way under the NF-F12s.

interesting...what is % setting and its boards temp? thanks
30% fans, 66C highest board.

doubly interesting, so you don't think that going this high is troublesome? I thought in S5 you wanted to stay lower than this (it least initially, AFAIR).
If i can go to 2500 and even 3000rpm, I can definitely host another S7

[Your quote is derped]. No I don't have any indication that going that high is troublesome. They wouldn't have chosen an 80C shutdown if 70, 80 or even 90C was the "turns to sludge" point.

fixed
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

I'm running my S7 @ stock speed @ 2500rpm fans @ 30C ambient without issue. Its not inconceivable that one might be able to do the same after replacing fans given a lower ambient. Also worth remembering that both the ASICMiner Tube and Prisma cooled ~1KW through a longer heatsink using a single fan. And in the case of the ASICMiner Tube it was possible to replace the fan with 2x Corsair SP120s which are quite a way under the NF-F12s.

doubly interesting, so you don't think that going this high is troublesome? I thought in S5 you wanted to stay lower than this (it least initially, AFAIR).

[Your quote is derped]. No I don't have any indication that going that high is troublesome. They wouldn't have chosen an 80C shutdown if 70, 80 or even 90C was the "turns to sludge" point.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Had another urge to buy a miner. A Batch 3 S7.

Decided to do this again, instead.

PACMiC v4 looks to be a loser.

Good luck everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Have one just shipped
Balance will be shipped from China October 9 or 12
Just got email about it

Whenever someone announces that they got the shipping email, please include your payment confirmation date.  It helps us to see where we stand.

GREAT POINT-----If you get shipping email, Provide Order Date-----GREAT POINT
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Paid 8/31 (one)

Was shipped 9/30 at 7pm

Any payments sept 1 and later will be shipped 10/9 or later.

This is where we stand.

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Hi, i've bought one s7 on first day and paid by wired on 4th day (or so), and until is unshiped. Is there more people like me? (Unshiped)
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I was contacted today about this issue.
They will allow me to do this order thus the coupon will not be wasted. Kudos to them. I will pay today.

I paid them for the s-7 coupon was allowed
here is payment.

https://blockchain.info/tx/7deb8e797e74e425805794decd7ef2ec69c0e5225797ff5fb461acb12024ddc7

@ bitmaintech thanks again.

Philipma1957

good going
it looks like you are going for batch #2(slow) instead of #3. May I ask why as i also consider ordering another one?
Are you planning to see if you can bump it up in speed somehow? Otherwise, i think that people might not favor it in the aftermarket.

I don't mind having one that will only do 4600gh as the one I have does 4820.

Well I ordered 2 and sent one out.  So I need a second. Must have two so you can have a spare controller.
When I run 2 I need a slight under clock due to heat. I also hope to run this gear until May before I sell. By then these will be a really bad or really good move.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Have one just shipped
Just got email about it

Whenever someone announces that they got the shipping email, please include your payment confirmation date.  It helps us to see where we stand.
legendary

legendary
They will allow me to do this order thus the coupon will not be wasted. Kudos to them. I will pay today.

here is payment.

https://blockchain.info/tx/7deb8e797e74e425805794decd7ef2ec69c0e5225797ff5fb461acb12024ddc7

Philipma1957

good going
it looks like you are going for batch #2(slow) instead of #3. May I ask why as i also consider ordering another one?
Are you planning to see if you can bump it up in speed somehow? Otherwise, i think that people might not favor it in the aftermarket.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

here is payment.

Philipma1957

all info below is old news

I was going to order a third unit but when I shipped off one of the two I had I started to underhash.

So after figuring out my under hash issue and posting the fix for it here :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-bitmaintech-s-7-underpreforms-at-freq-600-freq-550-not-freq-500-fixed-1196671

BTW the fix has helped more then a few people.
I went back to my order and it had expired and bitmaintech stripped me of the coupon.
So I now can't use the coupon. To do an order for a third machine.
So I spent a few days fixing the problem was nice enough to post how to fix it.
And I don't have use of my third coupon to donate it or to order.

Would be nice of them to give me  a replacement coupon. as their under hash issue caused me grief.  Which I fixed for them.

Screen shot here.  I did send a request but with holidays no reply

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I tested a bunch of different settings; I recommend:

Fan %    Freq     Watts     TH/s     Error %
 30         612      1237     4.85      0.025

Measured 76 dB at 30% fan speed; surprisingly quiet.
These run about 5C cooler than an S5+ 1/3 with the same power consumption.
This allows you to run the fan at a lower speed.

I used an EVGA 1300 G2 PSU so you should get slightly better w/GH with a server PSU.

0.255 w/GH with a Gold PSU  Cool

I have the new version of the controller.  S7 has been mining without issue since the 23rd. 

Maybe share the new version of the firmware ?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I tested a bunch of different settings; I recommend:

Fan %    Freq     Watts     TH/s     Error %
 30         612      1237     4.85      0.025

Measured 76 dB at 30% fan speed; surprisingly quiet.
These run about 5C cooler than an S5+ 1/3 with the same power consumption.
This allows you to run the fan at a lower speed.

I used an EVGA 1300 G2 PSU so you should get slightly better w/GH with a server PSU.

0.255 w/GH with a Gold PSU  Cool

I have the new version of the controller.  S7 has been mining without issue since the 23rd. 
legendary
Activity: 1736
Nicehash rocks
When I try to play with other pools I always come back within days.
Just better payout
On the s7 nicehash is showing extranonce installed for folks running s7
I'm sure they have stock firmware

you may want to recheck your stats..

nicehash is a very nice idea.. but the fees they charge ruins your profit.. you can literally make more btc on almost every other pool there is..
unless you really watch it and only set your miners to mine on the times they pay more then 100% + fees..

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Why the desire to replace the fans? If you expect to reduce noise by simply putting in a quieter fan, plan on substantially reducing the hash rate as well. Bitmain didn't put LOUD fans in on a whim. It takes serious airflow to cool a 1200W heater (i.e. the S7). The fans Bitmain chose push a lot of air, with enough pressure to get it through the dense heatsinks inside the enclosure.

Whether it's custom firmware or not, does the S7 Beagle-Bone have an SD card slot? Does Bitmain have an S7 "Rescue Firmware" image available yet? Not pressing for me, but some folks might be interested.
Mine did have an SD card slot, not sure about the "new" version of the controller.
Nicehash rocks
When I try to play with other pools I always come back within days.
Just better payout
On the s7 nicehash is showing extranonce installed for folks running s7
I'm sure they have stock firmware
Looks like I am getting just one shipped two days ago.
Have purchased piles of product from bitmain over the years.
And a pile of s7's
Official word: no s7 purchased sept 1 and after will be shipped until October 9
Got the one under the wire August 31
So I will be able to play and report.

So it looks like next Friday is the magic shipping day.
They probably have them ready to ship just didn't want to get crushed
.With support issues until after holiday

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Have one just shipped
Just got email about it

I thought they were shut down for the holiday? What was you pay date that you paid for your miners?
legendary
Activity: 885
NiceHash.com
I guess they could be waiting like most of us and they don't have one to test on.

Exactly, still waiting...

Any word on when they will release the firmware for it?

Bitmaintech decided to do another "not nice" thing with S7 - they did not release the source code for S7 cgminer driver. As far as I understood Yoshi, they even don't intend to do it (have no idea what are they hiding). That said, it is rather impossible to make any tweaks for their cgminer whatsoever. As you can see they are still using very very old cgminer version 4.8.0, but even so, extranonce.subscription should be included since they included it into firmwares for S5 .... try adding #xnsub when connecting to NiceHash (stratum+tcp://sha256.eu.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub, stratum+tcp://sha256.usa.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub) ... should be stable (but can't confirm since we still don't have test miners...).

Keep on hashing Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I think that their psu 1600w, is of poor quality, as the miner who produce, which is why only give 90 days warranty for the miner, and 365 to the power supply.
Jump to: