Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 335. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
It is out of order on main site?
Batch 1 is but you can get batch 2 or 3 for sale

Or you can buy my Batch 1 for what I paid as I am not sure I want it anymore.

I am starting to get that same feeling. We paid a premium for a product that has missed its original shipping window (not considering their additional 10 day window) just to have the company go on vacation and not respond to support tickets but yet they have the time to post two additional batches for sale at a lesser price...

Agree...we will see what happens after Oct 10th now.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

I am starting to get that same feeling. We paid a premium for a product that has missed its original shipping window (not considering their additional 10 day window) just to have the company go on vacation and not respond to support tickets but yet they have the time to post two additional batches for sale at a lesser price...

Yup.. agree with that. i think all don't brother the batch 2 and 3 until the batch 1 is shipment. Sad
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I wish we had that kind of holiday schedule in the US....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(China)

On December 16, 2007, China’s official news agency said the Chinese population is to have a further three national holidays and lose only one of its golden weeks, the May Day holiday, according to the calendar reform that the Government has approved. May Day itself has now become a one-day holiday. Three traditional festivals—Tomb-Sweeping Day (Qingming Festival), Dragon-boat Festival and Mid Autumn Festival—are added to the list of public holidays. With this revision of the labour calendar, the Chinese government aims to recover the customs associated with traditional festivals and balance tourist demand during the weeks of holidays, according to the Xinhua News Agency. In practice, the new calendar, which came into force on January 1, 2008, will increase national holidays from 10 to 11 days. A spokesperson for the National Commission for Development and Reform said that the new plan would ratify Chinese traditions, better distribute holidays and prevent the “overcrowding” of the “golden weeks” when more people travel during the new holidays and during the periods of paid holidays.

What an interesting culture from thousands of years of history.

Ufo
I believe I am going to have a beer and try and stop forum refreshing... Smiley
This might just be me projecting, but it sure feels like they baked the national holiday into their shipping schedule. They just didn't tell anyone about it up front.

It was only right before the golden week holiday that they indicated that there would be a company shut down, guaranteeing that those whose orders had not yet shipped would be delayed to the maximum period.

None of us knew that the actual possible shipping window was effectively a week shorter than the indicated dates. They did a terrible job of setting customer expectations in this regard.

Further, there's a bunch of us that feel screwed by what process they use to prioritize shipping. They say it's in the order of payment, but there's anecdotal evidence that they prefer bitcoin transactions over wire transfers and they prefer big customers like data centers over individuals. In the end, shipping order feels arbitrary and greed driven rather than consistent, reasonable, or fair.

I really miss Spondoolies. That's a company that knows how to communicate. I wish I kept that note that came with my SP20E. They made more of an effort to connect with me than Bitmain ever did. Unfortunately there's no real competition for Bitmain this time around...

What's really too bad is that S7 product seems very good on balance. The real problem here is process and communication. All they had to do was schedule things so that people didn't feel screwed by their holidays. Instead they padded their schedule and smugly tell us that they're not officially late yet. Wow.

I guess I need to stop bitching and find some whiskey. That was probably be best suggestion so far for dealing with this nonsense...

Heh, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Not a chance in hell they are going to hit their ship dates for batch one. Based on the thread I don't think they even made it to September orders yet, but large orders were filled ahead of individual orders.

My email thread about compensation....

5:27 PM (3 hours ago)

to [email protected]

You have a National Holiday all the way through the 8th, so if you don't ship it by the 10th how will we be compensated?

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 5:34 AM, info <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,
Our announced shipment date is as below, we'll be sure to arrange it ASAP once available.

Shipping may start between Sept. 21 ~ 30 (if shipped out 10 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay ).

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 30, 2015, at 10:00 PM, "ME" wrote:

Will we be compensated since it will be outside of the delay window before a good portion of us receive our miners?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:35 AM, info <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,
Sorry, we're having holiday now and miners will be shipped out after we're back to work around Oct. 9.
Please wait for update.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad

grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
Guess it's time for some Black Label and try to forget about the $$$ sitting at a chinese company.  Cry

I am a red wine guy, but if it is time for something stronger, then good vodka would be my first choice  Grin.

mmmmmm Vino Rosso
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Guess it's time for some Black Label and try to forget about the $$$ sitting at a chinese company.  Cry

I am a red wine guy, but if it is time for something stronger, then good vodka would be my first choice  Grin.

In.. muuthurrr rahhssha, voodkaah driinks yooo..
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Activity: 140
This might just be me projecting, but it sure feels like they baked the national holiday into their shipping schedule. They just didn't tell anyone about it up front.

It was only right before the golden week holiday that they indicated that there would be a company shut down, guaranteeing that those whose orders had not yet shipped would be delayed to the maximum period.

None of us knew that the actual possible shipping window was effectively a week shorter than the indicated dates. They did a terrible job of setting customer expectations in this regard.

Further, there's a bunch of us that feel screwed by what process they use to prioritize shipping. They say it's in the order of payment, but there's anecdotal evidence that they prefer bitcoin transactions over wire transfers and they prefer big customers like data centers over individuals. In the end, shipping order feels arbitrary and greed driven rather than consistent, reasonable, or fair.

I really miss Spondoolies. That's a company that knows how to communicate. I wish I kept that note that came with my SP20E. They made more of an effort to connect with me than Bitmain ever did. Unfortunately there's no real competition for Bitmain this time around...

What's really too bad is that S7 product seems very good on balance. The real problem here is process and communication. All they had to do was schedule things so that people didn't feel screwed by their holidays. Instead they padded their schedule and smugly tell us that they're not officially late yet. Wow.

I guess I need to stop bitching and find some whiskey. That was probably be best suggestion so far for dealing with this nonsense...

I'm sorry for the constant whining, but I really need to +1 this. My vocabulary is too limited to write something like this! ^^

And again: Ordered first day, wired money second. My order expired, and I contacted them to see if they actually got my money. Payment confirmed 09-06. <- This is all legit, I didn't have any problems with them taking some time to check payment because of holiday.

My problem however, is when the result is a delayed shipping date because of slow payment confirmation. On top of this it seems like I won't get my units until it's "considered late", and if I get them, I'm afraid it will be 4.66 units, which is not an option, as I don't want to pay 25% VAT on poor performing units that I can't resell. They also closed my support ticket without answering my questions.

The worst part is probably the lack of communication. I haven't heard a word from Bitmain. If they ship 4.86 units before the 10'th, they havent had a reason to contact me either, and if this is the case, I will apologize for the whine in this thread. But all I can do now is speculate, and it's not looking good.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
They might be able to improve on their "out of office" notifications, but it's not like that information can't easily be found; http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

SP also had their share of holidays, and plenty of people were unaware of the whole difference in 'weekend' definitions Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
seems like there is always some random holiday going on in china.. and they aren't just like one day things either
legendary
Activity: 1456
Well if they compensate "lost mining time" or some such, its fine i guess. Of course they need to compensate for the price difference in Batch 1 versus Batch 2 and 3. According to their own offer, anything more than 10 days after the shipping start date is "late".

And i don't remember Bitmain ever saying "screw you guys haha no compensation. In my experience.

On the one's that did not get machine till after the date.  I think it is pretty sure some sort of partial refund or coupon will come.   Them sending out coupons to all as far as price difference between batches not sure if they will be that nice.   

We won't really know anything likely till after "National Holiday from Oct. 1 to 7".  So I have a feeling this thread will be kinda a source of sour feelings till after the holiday.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

I agree. Big slap in the face for people that preordered. Pay topmoney for a miner that may or may not work at purchased specs and get it 3 or more weeks later than promised. Lose mining income AND they have the bollox to put up batch 2 and 3 at a lower price for sale.

Bad business practice and they can kiss any sort of $$ from me or anyone else I can influence and inform about them , goodbye.

That sound ultimately unlike Bitmain. Wouldn't Bitmain typically offer full refund or refund the difference to get on batch 3 back to the user? They always gave coupons or refunds whenever a batch was bad, i don't see why they would do a 180 now?

I think mostly coupons were used a lot sometimes refund difference or coupon.   Only one i think they did a full refund was L1 which they did not make in the end.  I'm willing to bet batch one that did not get it in time is a coupon but if it's worth the wait who knows on value.

I don't think I would hold my breath for a full refund.  But I always could be wrong.

Well if they compensate "lost mining time" or some such, its fine i guess. Of course they need to compensate for the price difference in Batch 1 versus Batch 2 and 3. According to their own offer, anything more than 10 days after the shipping start date is "late".

And i don't remember Bitmain ever saying "screw you guys haha no compensation. In my experience.
legendary
Activity: 1456

I agree. Big slap in the face for people that preordered. Pay topmoney for a miner that may or may not work at purchased specs and get it 3 or more weeks later than promised. Lose mining income AND they have the bollox to put up batch 2 and 3 at a lower price for sale.

Bad business practice and they can kiss any sort of $$ from me or anyone else I can influence and inform about them , goodbye.

That sound ultimately unlike Bitmain. Wouldn't Bitmain typically offer full refund or refund the difference to get on batch 3 back to the user? They always gave coupons or refunds whenever a batch was bad, i don't see why they would do a 180 now?

I think mostly coupons were used a lot sometimes refund difference or coupon.   Only one i think they did a full refund was L1 which they did not make in the end.  I'm willing to bet batch one that did not get it in time is a coupon but if it's worth the wait who knows on value.

I don't think I would hold my breath for a full refund.  But I always could be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
My S7 is not running anymore after 2 Days of working fine.
I have changed PSU(Bitmain Brand) from a working S7 already and also made reset.
I Don't get any reply from bitmain.
Any Ideas ?

http://schnaldi.myds.me/kernel_log.txt

In China there is Holidays till 8th, so you won't get a reply earlier. Forgot to tell you on the phone yesterday.

i had the same problem with one of my S5, the controller doesn`t see the asics, try swithing the controller with your other s7, my guess is that`s it`s your controller having problems.

Just managed to hold two S7 close together in a lateral way. So I plugged at least one Hashboard from the non-working device in the controller of the working and did the same with the fans.
The hashboard works like a charm on the external board.
This shows it is a solely controller Problem.
The first line that is different in the Kernel Log from the good S7 shows this:

[   32.449393] clear FPGA nonce buffer
[   32.459979] clear FPGA nonce buffer err

This is FPGA hash board count search algo BUG !
Bitmain new S5, s5+ and S7 devices have this algo but older versions has not. Because we cant plug another miner to same Controller PCB Board before.
we can see;
[   32.449393] clear FPGA nonce buffer
[   32.459979] clear FPGA nonce buffer err
[   33.462790] soft ctrl rst time
[   33.466086] reset hash asic
[   33.469020] clear FPGA nonce buffer
[   33.479226] clear FPGA nonce buffer err
[   34.581939] get chain0 reg0x0
[   34.585073] send BC data:
[   34.585073] 0x0000: 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x1a 0x84 0x00 0x00 0x11
[   34.691383] chain0 total asic:0
[   34.694695] get chain2 reg0x0
[   34.697802] send BC data:
[   34.697802] 0x0000: 0x03 0x02 0x00 0x1a 0x84 0x00 0x00 0x11
[   34.804652] chain2 total asic:0
[   34.807949] get chain5 reg0x0
[   34.811050] send BC data:
[   34.811050] 0x0000: 0x03 0x05 0x00 0x1a 0x84 0x00 0x00 0x11
[   34.917936] chain5 total asic:0
[   34.921242] total chain_num{3} <-------------FPGA chain seek sucsess but where is bmchips, answer :bmchips saved in old(previus boot)data
[   34.924435] FPGA detect asic addr err
-first reason is: your hashboard cables position is wrong on fpga board(ctrl board) look at chain numbers 0-2-5 (this pattern is confused)
-second and bad one: FPGA software has bug
now how can we correct this bug and work:
-put your chain cables into correct position (chinees workers maybe put wrong or you)
-if not work, look kernel log and take a picture of cables, close the miner, power it, reset factory defaults, close again(this is DANGEROUS!), power up again. now i think fpga registers knows your hash boards with a new id.

Note: i dont have any S7  Undecided , my solutions are totaly experimental from Kernel Logs and my electronic skills.
 Cool

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

Jump to: