Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 334. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Technically, if someone could turn the antminer s7 into a cmputer, what would the clock speed in hz be?
I assume it would be high!

Its impossible, but that aside, an ASIC is many cpu-like chips that only does one thing, thus it does it more efficiently. As such, we already know the clock speed of those chips. At stock speed they go for 600hz or 575hz for the lower quality batch.
You're welcome to read up on ASIC's; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit

They are just completely different entity.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Technically, if someone could turn the antminer s7 into a cmputer, what would the clock speed in hz be?
I assume it would be high!
legendary
Bitmain has updated their site. The AntRouter test is gone, and they've added batch 2 and 3 of the S7.

Interesting that batch 2 is 4.66TH/s for $1585 and batch 2 is 4.86TH/s for $1658. Both ship in the same date range.

So I guess you pay a little more for better performance? Have they ever done that before?

In the past separate batches would have separate ship date ranges, not slightly different specs.

I just wish they'd ship the rest of batch 1. Still waiting for my second order from Sept 5.

I also noticed that and am going through the pages to try to find an explanation...
Maybe it will just come clocked higher? Or its a "v1.1" that has more efficient hardware/software support?

I noticed a separate part of this, both miners were added around the same date and are both shipped on exactly the same date. (Assumeably not a coincidence!). I also noticed that the previous s7 was 8.something btc and the new one is 7.01 btc! WHY THE DIFFERENCE FOR THE SAME ENERGY.

I SEE THEY ARE ALSO STILL SELLING THE POWER SUPPLY SEPARATELY (why are they doing this).

For people, like me that already have a PSU or for people that can't run 240v, since their PSU does not run on 120v.

For the price difference, the difference between batch 1 and 2/3 is big, but Bitmain will probably reply "such is the nature of the Bitcoin industry" if you received your miner on time or "Here's a little something for the delay." if not.

For the difference between Batch 2 and 3. I think batch 2 is the lesser unit that didn't pass the QC as they can't run 600 hz stable. They have been downclocked to 575hz.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Bitmain has updated their site. The AntRouter test is gone, and they've added batch 2 and 3 of the S7.

Interesting that batch 2 is 4.66TH/s for $1585 and batch 2 is 4.86TH/s for $1658. Both ship in the same date range.

So I guess you pay a little more for better performance? Have they ever done that before?

In the past separate batches would have separate ship date ranges, not slightly different specs.

I just wish they'd ship the rest of batch 1. Still waiting for my second order from Sept 5.

I also noticed that and am going through the pages to try to find an explanation...
Maybe it will just come clocked higher? Or its a "v1.1" that has more efficient hardware/software support?

I noticed a separate part of this, both miners were added around the same date and are both shipped on exactly the same date. (Assumeably not a coincidence!). I also noticed that the previous s7 was 8.something btc and the new one is 7.01 btc! WHY THE DIFFERENCE FOR THE SAME ENERGY.

I SEE THEY ARE ALSO STILL SELLING THE POWER SUPPLY SEPARATELY (why are they doing this).
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
Hello my friends.
Im new in mining and im waiing for my S7. I did my own math and since i've got free electricity (i'm lucky... i know) the business is good.

One doubt about the S7 Fans, anyone has the specs?
Im thinking in changing the fans for example NOCTUA NF-F12 PWM 120mm Focused Flow PWM Cooling Fan.
Do you think is good idea?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Why the desire to replace the fans? If you expect to reduce noise by simply putting in a quieter fan, plan on substantially reducing the hash rate as well. Bitmain didn't put LOUD fans in on a whim. It takes serious airflow to cool a 1200W heater (i.e. the S7). The fans Bitmain chose push a lot of air, with enough pressure to get it through the dense heatsinks inside the enclosure.
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
Hello my friends.
Im new in mining and im waiing for my S7. I did my own math and since i've got free electricity (i'm lucky... i know) the business is good.

Im thinking in changing the fans for example NOCTUA NF-F12 PWM 120mm Focused Flow PWM Cooling Fan.

That is a 100 CFM fan. Seems a little too small for a 1.2 kW miner.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
I have the same problem with s5's with a power on.
After powering on half the asics are out. After a soft reboot they come back.

Going against nicehash the coin switching causes the s5's to lose hashing on one board or completely lock up.
If it locks up a power cycle is the only first remedy.

Sometimes I can reapply the configuration  settings (just click the apply button on configuration page, restarts cgminer)
and that fixes it.
Sometimes after the apply button when cgminer restarts it just shows half the chips are not working so I have to do a power cycle.
If that power cycle does not work I do another soft reboot.

So there are three ways to restart things:

1. Apply button on configuration page.
2. Soft reboot
3. Power cycle.

This has been consistently successful, using one or some combination of these steps.
Unless your hash board is really dead. Have 3 of those.
Most of the time the little red light on the hash board will let you know the hash board is working.
I have seen it work with NO red light on a few.

I believe this will be the same with the s7's. When I get mine I'll test and post.

I use teamviewer for remote control of monitoring computer, Excellent. Also M's Ant Monitor for API monitoring.

Also, APC7911 pdu's are great for remote power cycle, about $100 on ebay. ($1000 new)
Sometimes you have to connect to the serial port with putty.exe on the APC7911 to get past the password and/or security.

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Hello my friends.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I was going to order a third unit but when I shipped off one of the two I had I started to underhash.

So after figuring out my under hash issue and posting the fix for it here :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-bitmaintech-s-7-underpreforms-at-freq-600-freq-550-not-freq-500-fixed-1196671

BTW the fix has helped more then a few people.
I went back to my order and it had expired and bitmaintech stripped me of the coupon.
So I now can't use the coupon. To do an order for a third machine.
So I spent a few days fixing the problem was nice enough to post how to fix it.
And I don't have use of my third coupon to donate it or to order.

Would be nice of them to give me  a replacement coupon. as their under hash issue caused me grief.  Which I fixed for them.

Screen shot here.  I did send a request but with holidays no reply

Thank you so much for posting this information!  Although this is still providing many people a solution, for me it did not cure my situation.  I am hoping that after the holiday I will be able to resolve my low hash rate. 

Thanks Again for your sharing!!!!

yeah the problem fix works for some of us not all.  I sometimes had issue with my s-3's

Annoying as it delayed my order for the third unit so long I am now short the coupon.

Maybe they will send me a coupon after the holiday.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I was going to order a third unit but when I shipped off one of the two I had I started to underhash.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-bitmaintech-s-7-underpreforms-at-freq-600-freq-550-not-freq-500-fixed-1196671

I went back to my order and it had expired and bitmaintech stripped me of the coupon.

Would be nice of them to give me  a replacement coupon. as their under hash issue caused me grief.  Which I fixed for them.

Thank you so much for posting this information!  Although this is still providing many people a solution, for me it did not cure my situation.  I am hoping that after the holiday I will be able to resolve my low hash rate. 

Thanks Again for your sharing!!!!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Will be using 3 RM1000 PSU's for two s7's.
Each board is 400 watts, so each PSU will supply 800 watts providing power for two boards each.
Have a pair of s3's in my basement running with one RM1000, each s3 pulls 400 watts.
800 watts is enough to spin the RM1000 fan slowly. Nice and quiet.
Also have a few Bitmain 1600 watt PSU's to test with.
Will be nice to get some s7's when they decide to ship.

Interesting to watch someone else's s7's running on nicehash USA
Get a good feel for poolside hashrate.
I'm sure they will not be as stable as s5's with the amount of chips
on the s7 and the larger amount of power and cables.
A bit of variance to be expected.

Half the power for the same hashrate.
One quarter the space.

I see it.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=1&addr=3M2NFXfJ75UqB4pka17gyJfG9zztKBKNFt&l=1

Looks like hashrate is tapering off.
Number 8 is down (towards the bottom)
Appears to be a mix of s4 and s5 miners as well.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
have orders starting Sept 3 and then sprinkled through Sept
No miners yet
Guy on nicehash westhash running nine s7's, look smooth. He is at 120Ths now. Good job.

That 120Th must be augmented with other hardware?

must be, at least ~76 Th worth of other hardware I would assume
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
No miners yet
Guy on nicehash westhash running nine s7's, look smooth. He is at 120Ths now. Good job.

That 120Th must be augmented with other hardware?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
No miners yet
legendary
Yup.. agree with that. i think all don't brother the batch 2 and 3 until the batch 1 is shipment. Sad

Screw that, they should price adjust batch 1 for screwing us up against a one week holiday!!

They will most likely address this issue with coupon or a small refund to cover the delay. Bitmain always has respected their written engagement and i don't think its necessary to doubt them at the moment. Still i understand the frustration, i personally experienced not so fast delay before what i bought was shipped as well.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yup.. agree with that. i think all don't brother the batch 2 and 3 until the batch 1 is shipment. Sad

Screw that, they should price adjust batch 1 for screwing us up against a one week holiday!!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Did anyone who order on the 3rd day of sales (or later) and paid in BTC get their miners?

I don't remember seeing anyone in September getting their orders, but some large orders from data centers got their September orders filled first. Several people got there August orders, which stopped right around the last day of August. No one that got theirs mentioned if they wired or btc'ed,

Ufo
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Did anyone who order on the 3rd day of sales (or later) and paid in BTC get their miners?
Jump to: