Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 383. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Can someone tell me if Bitmain Tech is reliable ... will i receive my shipment
We are worried to order because of the payment methods ...

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks !
they have a really good record of shipping gear that you paid for.

Phillip, is telling you right.  Look at his stats on his reputation.
Bitmain, is the best in the business and fulfilling orders and backing up their warranty.  You're in good hands!!!

Signed.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
It is all relative to btc price. If you start your investment with $$, then you would not mind 20% diff increase as long as the price increased 30-300% in the same time period, right?
What we have, on the other hand, is stable (last 7 mo) or declining (last 20 mo) btc price, while difficulty is still rising.
We have a distorted market because market participants don't have equal free excess to mining equpment as many manufactureres don't even make such equipment available at any price.

In other words, the stakes are against home miners, this is clear.

Not necessarily. 

If you buy a miner for 2 bitcoins when bitcoin is at $200 your total cost is $400.  The difficulty increases until it is no longer profitable to mine. You end up mining 1.5 bitcoin but the price is now $400.  You say, hey I now have $600 when I started with $400, so I made money.  But if you look at the return of bitcoins, you just lost money because you started with 2 and now have 1.5.

On the flip side, if price is stagnant or decreasing slightly, and as a result difficulty remains stagnant or even decreases some, that miner may run profitably for a long while, and you may end up with 4 bitcoins at $150 by the time the miner isn't profitable. In this case you've essentially purchased 4 bitcoins for $100 each and you started with $400 and ended with $600. But if you had bought 2 bitcoins instead you'd  have spent $400 and ended with $300.

Obviously there's other variables at play, but mining could be a way to protect against a drop in price at the expense of some upside if the price increases. 
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Well, I ordered 9 x S7's.  Wish I could have ordered 10.  I might still order another in a few days.  Hard to say...  I feel like a young boy counting down the days to Christmas again.   Cheesy

must...have...S7...
mining bitcoin-one of more pleasant addictions
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Well, I ordered 9 x S7's.  Wish I could have ordered 10.  I might still order another in a few days.  Hard to say...  I feel like a young boy counting down the days to Christmas again.   Cheesy
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Thanks !

Phillip, is telling you right.  Look at his stats on his reputation.
Bitmain, is the best in the business and fulfilling orders and backing up their warranty.  You're in good hands!!!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Good rigs,but i am in need of s5+ as i don't have costly electricity,i prefer s5+ with more Th and less price.

S5+ will be few and far between to find anywhere other than China.  Those who were able to get them will probably hold on to them for a while.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Thanks !
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Love the colored power cables.

LOL   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I love them myself.  Makes it easier to identify easier as well if I need to.

My thoughts exactly.  I'm going to have to get me some sets.  Pain to trace a spaghetti monster of black cables.

Thumbs up!!!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I actually think the other companies will hit the network hard with a lot of hash at less than 0.12 per GH/s to push out a lot of miners.  It will be rough in the beginning for them but they will ultimately push everyone out.  The chances of them doing this during the winter is not as good as this coming spring.  So, if people are going to continue mining, this winter may be their final opportunity to do it at this low of difficulty.  I can see 90+ billion in difficulty quite easily by spring time with the new rigs about to hit the network.  

Oh how the the times have changed. 90+ billion difficulty is only a 90% increase and this is in more than 6 months. We used to have 100% increases every month back in the good days Smiley

I agree.  In the fall of 2013, the difficulty was increasing 35% each time.  And so was the price so it was all good around.  Sadly, those days are long gone.

Agreed, those days are gone.  If one compares the difficulty to what we had a year ago, one will see it has increased by 100% (doubled).  That is decreasing.  By December, we may see it's only 40% to 70% if the price of bitcoin remains between $225 and $300.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

My thoughts exactly.  I'm going to have to get me some sets.  Pain to trace a spaghetti monster of black cables.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Thanks !

It is very reliable. just make sure you use the correct website https://www.bitmaintech.com/
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

Thanks !
legendary
It is all relative to btc price. If you start your investment with $$, then you would not mind 20% diff increase as long as the price increased 30-300% in the same time period, right?
What we have, on the other hand, is stable (last 7 mo) or declining (last 20 mo) btc price, while difficulty is still rising.
We have a distorted market because market participants don't have equal free excess to mining equpment as many manufactureres don't even make such equipment available at any price.

Not necessarily.  

If you buy a miner for 2 bitcoins when bitcoin is at $200 your total cost is $400.  The difficulty increases until it is no longer profitable to mine. You end up mining 1.5 bitcoin but the price is now $400.  You say, hey I now have $600 when I started with $400, so I made money.  But if you look at the return of bitcoins, you just lost money because you started with 2 and now have 1.5.

I always start with $$, for example I use Coinbase instant purchase to buy bitcoin, then immediately buy miner.
In such case I think of that purchase as if it was made in $$, although technically I used bitcoin as an intermediary between $$ and purchasing of the miner.
I agree that it does not work this way, for example, if you used previously mined bitcoin (say, those 2 bitcoins in your example), unless you re-filled your bitcoin stash using cash as soon as you spent it on miner, as previous poster said.
You can say: why don't you simply buy bitcoin and then make profit when it rises?
the advantage of mining is that you are basically purchasing bitcoin slowly, therefore averaging out all ups and downs.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

Not necessarily. 

If you buy a miner for 2 bitcoins when bitcoin is at $200 your total cost is $400.  The difficulty increases until it is no longer profitable to mine. You end up mining 1.5 bitcoin but the price is now $400.  You say, hey I now have $600 when I started with $400, so I made money.  But if you look at the return of bitcoins, you just lost money because you started with 2 and now have 1.5.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Good rigs,but i am in need of s5+ as i don't have costly electricity,i prefer s5+ with more Th and less price.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I actually think the other companies will hit the network hard with a lot of hash at less than 0.12 per GH/s to push out a lot of miners.  It will be rough in the beginning for them but they will ultimately push everyone out.  The chances of them doing this during the winter is not as good as this coming spring.  So, if people are going to continue mining, this winter may be their final opportunity to do it at this low of difficulty.  I can see 90+ billion in difficulty quite easily by spring time with the new rigs about to hit the network.  

Oh how the the times have changed. 90+ billion difficulty is only a 90% increase and this is in more than 6 months. We used to have 100% increases every month back in the good days Smiley

I agree.  In the fall of 2013, the difficulty was increasing 35% each time.  And so was the price so it was all good around.  Sadly, those days are long gone.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Jump to: