Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 384. (Read 527816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
[...]

Sounds like you have the security taken care of.  I will have similar security as well.  I only hope I don't have to do it at multiple sites.  My wife is staying home in Alabama for the first 4 to 6 months.  She's very supportive of our mining aspirations.  As it sounds like your wife is supportive as well.  It's good to have that support.

Yeah, having your wife be your best and foremost partner helps a lot! Especially because when sacrifices have to be done (think getting loans, late-hours miner configuration, etc) they are there to help and move things along!

Mine truly is my best friend and partner in life.  As for loans, we are trying to do this without loans.  Hence, only 50 to 55 rigs starting out when arriving in Washington State.  I may consider a loan after 6 months out there.  At the moment, I'm just hoping the difficulty doesn't go crazy between now and then with the price of bitcoin remaining the same.

I'll chill out now with the somewhat off topic communication.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
[...]

Sounds like you have the security taken care of.  I will have similar security as well.  I only hope I don't have to do it at multiple sites.  My wife is staying home in Alabama for the first 4 to 6 months.  She's very supportive of our mining aspirations.  As it sounds like your wife is supportive as well.  It's good to have that support.

Yeah, having your wife be your best and foremost partner helps a lot! Especially because when sacrifices have to be done (think getting loans, late-hours miner configuration, etc) they are there to help and move things along!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
[...]
Multi site i do not envy an outage like you mentioned.   Also on mine I have security system with cameras.  Would get expensive to add some things like that it seems if you spread through to many places.

Cameras and biometrics on each site (as my usual business line covers those two areas), except for the "home" site which i just have a camera and a good wife taking care of the miners hehehehe

Sounds like you have the security taken care of.  I will have similar security as well.  I only hope I don't have to do it at multiple sites.  My wife is staying home in Alabama for the first 4 to 6 months.  She's very supportive of our mining aspirations.  As it sounds like your wife is supportive as well.  It's good to have that support.
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
[...]
Multi site i do not envy an outage like you mentioned.   Also on mine I have security system with cameras.  Would get expensive to add some things like that it seems if you spread through to many places.

Cameras and biometrics on each site (as my usual business line covers those two areas), except for the "home" site which i just have a camera and a good wife taking care of the miners hehehehe
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
[...]

How are you hosting that many?  I felt like i was decent on mining with my 100 amp mining setup.... but dang 50+ of these things.   That is a lot of power.

I've gone the route of multisite mining... Having one dense spot of miners is overkill for most.... However, multisite is a PITA when you have outages and such.

That's what I might have to do in Washington State.  However, I'm hoping I'll be able to avoid this.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

How are you hosting that many?  I felt like i was decent on mining with my 100 amp mining setup.... but dang 50+ of these things.   That is a lot of power.

I was thinking about increasing the power here at the house to 400 amps service.  I had the power company come by to have a look at my feeder cable to see if it was large enough for the upgrade without replacing the feeder cable.  He said the existing cable was good enough for 500 amps max.

However, I decided I prefer to move to Washington State if the difficulty doesn't get out of hand with price of bitcoin still low.  If price of bitcoin gets higher to offset the difficulty rise, I'm fine with it.

Edit:  I'm actually running 150 amps during the winter when I had the other rigs going.  I couldn't do it during the summer when the AC wanted to come on.  The main breaker would trip...  lol

I could only do 120 amps during the summer.  Which meant I never had the dryer on at the same time as the cook top/oven while the AC was running.  The main breaker would trip.  Then I just got to the point where I would cut of one or two S4's if I absolutely had to cook and dry clothes at the same time.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Thank you for posting!  I do remember your setup man is it very very nice!   

Those amazing pictures jogged my memory.  Good luck on your last auctions!

Thank you, notlist3d.  Mighty kind of you to say.  Hopefully, these last 3 sell fine without another hick up.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Damn, I wish I had room for that many.. How about I buy into the 41-46 order? Aka. you host a couple for me? ^^

Sorry, I will not be hosting.  I will not have the power I desire when first starting out for hosting.  Maybe later on.

Also, if the difficulty is fine and I buy the other 41 to 46 S7's, I will be moving to Washington State.  Meaning, I will no longer have the same setup you see in the pics.  
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
[...]

How are you hosting that many?  I felt like i was decent on mining with my 100 amp mining setup.... but dang 50+ of these things.   That is a lot of power.

I've gone the route of multisite mining... Having one dense spot of miners is overkill for most.... However, multisite is a PITA when you have outages and such.

For me I have a high quality network equipment at one site.   With 100 amp for mining.   That has been more then enough for me for winter.

legendary
Cant wait to see your new setup dmwardjr  Grin

I WILL TAKE THE PICS DOWN IN A COUPLE OF HOURS MODERATOR...

There won't be much change other than gear.  I sold all of the S3's, S3+'s, S4's, S5's and SP20's.  Well, I still have two S5's and one S3+ remaining but their auctions end in 3 days.  I had to re-list them.  That was a bad number to re-list after 44 auctions.  Only 3 of them didn't pay because they were all zero feedback winners who did not pay.  Hopefully, I don't have zero feedback eBayer's win any of these last 3 auctions.

Here's a pic of what "was."  [The S5's were not available yet when this picture was taken].  That is NOT burn marks on the wall.  That is where I painted cast iron staircase spindles against the wall.

Thank you for posting!  I do remember your setup man is it very very nice!   

Those amazing pictures jogged my memory.  Good luck on your last auctions!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Cant wait to see your new setup dmwardjr  Grin

I WILL TAKE THE PICS DOWN IN A COUPLE OF HOURS MODERATOR...

There won't be much change other than gear.  I sold all of the S3's, S3+'s, S4's, S5's and SP20's.  Well, I still have two S5's and one S3+ remaining but their auctions end in 3 days.  I had to re-list them.  That was a bad number to re-list after 44 auctions.  Only 3 of them didn't pay because they were all zero feedback winners who did not pay.  Hopefully, I don't have zero feedback eBayer's win any of these last 3 auctions.

Here's a pic of what "was."  [The S5's were not available yet when this picture was taken].  That is NOT burn marks on the wall.  That is where I painted cast iron staircase spindles against the wall.

Here it is now with my last two S5's and one S3+.  This mining closet is itching for some new HW.  You might notice the grilles installed in the door on the side where I had most of my rigs.  It worked out quite well with the 14,400 CFM exhaust fan suck air through those grilles into the rigs.

Here is a pic of the outside of it:

legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
[...]

legendary

I actually think the other companies will hit the network hard with a lot of hash at less than 0.12 per GH/s to push out a lot of miners.  It will be rough in the beginning for them but they will ultimately push everyone out.  The chances of them doing this during the winter is not as good as this coming spring.  So, if people are going to continue mining, this winter may be their final opportunity to do it at this low of difficulty.  I can see 90+ billion in difficulty quite easily by spring time with the new rigs about to hit the network.  The only thing home miners have to hope for is an equivalent rise in price of bitcoin to offset it.  That means price of bitcoin would have to be at least $420 if difficulty was 90 billion.

I'm just thankful I have sold all of my rigs.  I had 44 rigs.  I have two S5's and one S3+ remaining.  Their auction is almost over on eBay now.  I had a couple of S4's sell for over $600.  The other S4's were around the $550 to $570 range.  I sold many of the SP20's for more and/or for the same that I paid for them in the 15 package with free shipping.  S5's have been going for around $365 on eBay lately.

I don't agree that we will see a huge spike in hashrate because that would affect the price of BTC too much. Rather they will switch out older hardware for new giving a slight bump in hashrate but the real difference is in their fixed costs - they will make much more profit with the savings in power.

Thank you for your input as well, alienesb!!!

I like hearing from both sides.  I believe I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge.  It's a gamble... but what the hell.  I'm a gambler at heart!  I'm ordering 9 right now and another 41 to 46 the end of December if the difficulty hasn't gone crazy.

By the way, does anyone have S7 coupons they are willing to let go of?

Damn, I wish I had room for that many.. How about I buy into the 41-46 order? Aka. you host a couple for me? ^^

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

I actually think the other companies will hit the network hard with a lot of hash at less than 0.12 per GH/s to push out a lot of miners.  It will be rough in the beginning for them but they will ultimately push everyone out.  The chances of them doing this during the winter is not as good as this coming spring.  So, if people are going to continue mining, this winter may be their final opportunity to do it at this low of difficulty.  I can see 90+ billion in difficulty quite easily by spring time with the new rigs about to hit the network.  The only thing home miners have to hope for is an equivalent rise in price of bitcoin to offset it.  That means price of bitcoin would have to be at least $420 if difficulty was 90 billion.

I'm just thankful I have sold all of my rigs.  I had 44 rigs.  I have two S5's and one S3+ remaining.  Their auction is almost over on eBay now.  I had a couple of S4's sell for over $600.  The other S4's were around the $550 to $570 range.  I sold many of the SP20's for more and/or for the same that I paid for them in the 15 package with free shipping.  S5's have been going for around $365 on eBay lately.

I don't agree that we will see a huge spike in hashrate because that would affect the price of BTC too much. Rather they will switch out older hardware for new giving a slight bump in hashrate but the real difference is in their fixed costs - they will make much more profit with the savings in power.

I like hearing from both sides.  I believe I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge.  It's a gamble... but what the hell.  I'm a gambler at heart!  I'm ordering 9 right now and another 41 to 46 the end of December if the difficulty hasn't gone crazy.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Cant wait to see your new setup dmwardjr  Grin
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
Anyone know approximately how loud the S7 fans are? S3 loud or S5 loud? Big difference there. I'm about to sell my two Avalon 4.1's to upgrade. ............

The correct answer is   S5+ loud.

My wife likes to call them all the "Jet Engines" when starting up, then when they spin down they are just "Vacuum cleaners" hehehehe
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Anyone know approximately how loud the S7 fans are? S3 loud or S5 loud? Big difference there. I'm about to sell my two Avalon 4.1's to upgrade. ............

The correct answer is   S5+ loud.

............ Free cookies to anyone in the continental US with a couple extra S7 coupons willing to send'em my way. :3 Bart's Bakery cookies btw. cookie bribe usually works on me.  Cheesy

bitmain ID:Kidkaboom

3 coupon giving a discount today
24.546 BTC  3x S7 with shipping
23.227 BTC
1.319BTC
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Anyone know approximately how loud the S7 fans are? S3 loud or S5 loud? Big difference there. I'm about to sell my two Avalon 4.1's to upgrade. Free cookies to anyone in the continental US with a couple extra S7 coupons willing to send'em my way. :3 Bart's Bakery cookies btw. cookie bribe usually works on me.  Cheesy

bitmain ID:Kidkaboom
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
I heard that they are some discount coupons even more than 100USD. Is it true?
Jump to: