Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 10. (Read 149094 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Try going here: http://hakedev.com/wp/2016/01/06/setting-up-your-antminer-u3-in-windows-8-1-updated-2016/

A guide I've used before, pretty straight forward.

Also for overclocking definitely use --au3

--au3-freq    Set AntminerU3 frequency in MHz, range 100-250 (default: 225.0)
--au3-volt    Set AntminerU3 voltage in mv, range 725-850, 0 to not set (default: 775)

And last, use the latest cgminer.

i try everything and still not detected devices. Status Pool 0 difficulty and athen rejected.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Try going here: http://hakedev.com/wp/2016/01/06/setting-up-your-antminer-u3-in-windows-8-1-updated-2016/

A guide I've used before, pretty straight forward.

Also for overclocking definitely use --au3

--au3-freq    Set AntminerU3 frequency in MHz, range 100-250 (default: 225.0)
--au3-volt    Set AntminerU3 voltage in mv, range 725-850, 0 to not set (default: 775)

And last, use the latest cgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Hi guys, need your help. i have antminer u3 installation with zadig done and i have problem with this miner. No detected USB Devices.

With cgminer started unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and wait a bit. ==> i try and still not working

You also might look into devices and see if you see it.   Make sure it is not detected by pc and cgminer problem.

What version of Windows are you using?

it's detected by pc. cgminer using 4.8.0. cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65 -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u a.1 -p X --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306.

using windows 7 64bit

When detected by the pc does it show the proper driver, i.e. did Zadig work?  Run Zadig a few times, unplugging and replugging the U3 between each time.

Also, try cgminer 4.9.2 and use the updated --au3 tags.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Hi guys, need your help. i have antminer u3 installation with zadig done and i have problem with this miner. No detected USB Devices.

With cgminer started unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and wait a bit. ==> i try and still not working

You also might look into devices and see if you see it.   Make sure it is not detected by pc and cgminer problem.

it's detected by pc. cgminer using 4.8.0. cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65 -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u a.1 -p X --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306.

using windows 7 64bit

Might try with less and see what it does, then go deeper into commands to fine tune after detection.  It's been a while since I ran my U3's on windows so this could be right or wrong.

But for detecting see what this does:

cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u a.1 -p x --suggest-diff 144

See what that does for you if you then have U3's showing up or still nothing.  Been a while since I used Windows with them R1 with CrazyGuy's firmware mod is honestly one of best controllers.

using windows 7 64bit
legendary

With cgminer started unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and wait a bit.

With cgminer started unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and wait a bit.
legendary

Zadig can be a pain for some.  Did it say successful on install?  You might try again.

Also long term a RPI or R1 is best to control it as does not take a big computer to run.  So might look into that longterm.
legendary
PM sent, let me know if you're interested or not.

If not I'll keep the dead U3 around for a little longer before sending it to the e-recycle bin.

User jlauzon has not got back to me yet.  I'll keep the dead U3 for another week then it's off to the e-recycle bin.  If anyone else wants it, let me know. 0.03btc to cover shipping to lower 48 and it's yours.
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
HI

Sorry ,but all the U3 have out of warranty  .

If the miner still canto work well after the troubleshooting step provide to you .

That means the miner is dead .

Thank you (not) Bitmain....
Activity: 39
Just an update on my undervolted and underclocked U3. One of them (I got two) seems to have died. If I can connect it at all it's shown as ZOMBIE (cgminer) and only hashes with 3-4 Gh/s. So even underclocking and undervolting doesn't seem to prevent this little bugger from dying eventually. Anyway, I knew before that this might happen so I got two as the price was quite low.

No Blocks solved, best share was 154M. So far no ROI, of course Wink

PS: Ok, seems I was a bit too quick with my conclusion that one of the U3 died. After unpowering the USB2-Hub the "broken one" came back to life.
legendary
PM sent, let me know if you're interested or not.

If not I'll keep the dead U3 around for a little longer before sending it to the e-recycle bin.
legendary
Anyone have any use for a U3 that no longer hashes?  Fan spins, usb led comes on, but it won't hash.  If you pay shipping I'll send it to you.

Hey Mike, is this offer still open? If it is, I'll take it (if it's not too much$$)...they have heat sinks in them that I can use for project.

Can you check shipping cost to zip 12937 and PM me cost, etc? I'll add a little more on top for your trouble.

Sure thing, I'll have to climb up in the garage tomorrow and get the box down, I can get you a cost on Friday.  It will be much cheaper than Austria.  Smiley
Activity: 108
Anyone have any use for a U3 that no longer hashes?  Fan spins, usb led comes on, but it won't hash.  If you pay shipping I'll send it to you.

Hey Mike, is this offer still open? If it is, I'll take it (if it's not too much$$)...they have heat sinks in them that I can use for project.

Can you check shipping cost to zip 12937 and PM me cost, etc? I'll add a little more on top for your trouble.
Activity: 39
After running it about 20 hours I have nothing to complain about the U3 so far. I will keep it underclocked because it seems to run quite stable that way. And it doesn't matter anyway 50 Gh/s or 67 Gh/s is way too little in any case these days.

It will halt, believe me Smiley

This was my statement actually but posted by someone else again. And yes, the U3 did eventually zombie after about 24 hours.
Activity: 690
I've run 3x U3 powered via PCI-E cable for weeks now with no issues using latest CGMiner.

What controller do you use for them?
I've run 3x U3 powered via PCI-E cable for weeks now with no issues using latest CGMiner.
Activity: 690
After running it about 20 hours I have nothing to complain about the U3 so far. I will keep it underclocked because it seems to run quite stable that way. And it doesn't matter anyway 50 Gh/s or 67 Gh/s is way too little in any case these days.

It will halt, believe me Smiley
Activity: 588

They told me no when I asked if there was a U4 coming. I think the mining environment would have to change for the worst before Bitmain considers making another low hashrate device. The margin is just too low for their effort, considering how much they make on an s7 type device.

It's up to sidehack and other capable members of the community to take care of the entry-level market.

My feeling is that there is a place for "Low Hash" Miners. Miners to Mine & Miners for play. However if it's going to be Low Hash it might as well just be a single chip. I actually think that the R1 particularly with your firmware enhancements is the best there is and fills the Low Hash bill very well.

Which begs the question as to if Bitmain is going to produce any more, and if there might be an R2 with the BM1385?

Rich  
Pages:
Jump to: