Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 6. (Read 149094 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
February 26, 2016, 06:58:42 AM
So all depends on your situation and controller you use.  I personally liked my U3's after I got crazy guy's firmware on a R1.

What is this? Is this a firmware update for the antminer U3?

Not an upgrade for the U3 but an upgrade for the R1 Antminer firmware, which is then used to control the U3's

Rich
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 26, 2016, 06:49:28 AM
So all depends on your situation and controller you use.  I personally liked my U3's after I got crazy guy's firmware on a R1.

What is this? Is this a firmware update for the antminer U3?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2016, 05:25:01 PM
And what do they mean by gridseed miner?

What does who mean?  Can you point to a link of this?

I just am not seeing gridseed being referenced.
February 25, 2016, 06:08:40 AM
And what do they mean by gridseed miner?
February 25, 2016, 05:51:11 AM
is a real U3 antminer or a fake one?

Looks like someone is trying to sell "cloud mining" via a U3 that they host somewhere else?  Looks sketchy as hell to me.  U3 hash isn't worth anything unless you have one for fun, and even then they are not much fun because they always have problems and you basically have to buy an R1 an install custom firmware to get them to work reliably.

I could not tell they mention virtual... I could not tell if virtual miner or saying BTC is virtual.  I tried my best through google translate.  They do mention shipping ... so part of it sounds like shipping a miner.  Other part virtual... it is either sketchy or my inability to read that language.

I think it's just a sale of the U3. The "Virtual" word is I think just misleading.

Price is about right, and remember unless you have very cheap electricity it will loose money.

Rich
February 25, 2016, 05:30:41 AM
price looks also so cheap.
legendary
February 24, 2016, 04:15:41 PM

Looks like someone is trying to sell "cloud mining" via a U3 that they host somewhere else?  Looks sketchy as hell to me.  U3 hash isn't worth anything unless you have one for fun, and even then they are not much fun because they always have problems and you basically have to buy an R1 an install custom firmware to get them to work reliably.

I could not tell they mention virtual... I could not tell if virtual miner or saying BTC is virtual.  I tried my best through google translate.  They do mention shipping ... so part of it sounds like shipping a miner.  Other part virtual... it is either sketchy or my inability to read that language.
legendary
Activity: 1274
February 24, 2016, 01:30:01 PM

legendary
February 24, 2016, 12:45:42 PM

I don't think anyone has made a fake U3 that I know of.  If someone knocked it off that would be new.  The thing I don't understand is if the "Virtual" part of the auction as long as they are shipping you a U3 you should be good.   But other language + virtual needs someone else besides me to look at it.

Also before U3 read about zombies, and good methods to control them or it's going to be a pain.
legendary
February 20, 2016, 05:24:21 AM
U3s really that bad? I was going to get one or two before I heard about the zombie problem with these miners. Friends say the same thing as well.. suggestion? Huh

If you have automation to help with zombies no for the money they are not  bad miners.   If you don't have automation on fixing... .it becomes a huge pain reseting zombies.

So all depends on your situation and controller you use.  I personally liked my U3's after I got crazy guy's firmware on a R1.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
February 19, 2016, 04:39:35 PM
U3s really that bad? I was going to get one or two before I heard about the zombie problem with these miners. Friends say the same thing as well.. suggestion? Huh
legendary
February 19, 2016, 03:52:37 PM
But at least with the gekko sticks they are fun to tinker with!  They all respond the same, too, which isn't something you can say about the U3.

After getting a R1 with cray guy's firmwareI enjoyed my U3's they worked very solid with that setup.  Now talk about windows I ran for a few weeks or so.... horrible experience. So it  can very greatly.

I suggest everyone getting something  with automation on fixing zombies or you will be babysitting your U3's.
legendary
February 19, 2016, 02:46:03 PM
But at least with the gekko sticks they are fun to tinker with!  They all respond the same, too, which isn't something you can say about the U3.
February 19, 2016, 02:13:36 PM
Pages and pages and pages of problems with U3s and people are still buying them?  I don't get it.

Everyone, save yourself endless headaches and buy some gekko compac sticks!  Get 3 of them and they will equal a U3 in hash power but they don't "need" and R1 to control them and keep them running and they never zombie or have any other issues!

The only headache you are left with unfortunately is the more you own the more money you loose when mining.  Smiley

Rich
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:14:17 PM
Pages and pages and pages of problems with U3s and people are still buying them?  I don't get it.

Everyone, save yourself endless headaches and buy some gekko compac sticks!  Get 3 of them and they will equal a U3 in hash power but they don't "need" and R1 to control them and keep them running and they never zombie or have any other issues!
legendary
February 19, 2016, 02:13:10 AM
I am normally a big hash guy but have recently started getting into the "fun" stuff and have ordered some Compac's, U3 and R1's to play with.

I was wondering if there is a good guide to running these from an Rpi?  Is Minera the way to go?

Thanks in advance

Best way with the U3's is a R1 with crazy guy's custom firmware.  I think it is the most solid controller out there.  A lot babysit U3's which is no fun on such a small miner.

If you don't go with the R1 and crazy guy, you will need a way to automate restarting of zombies as they are a pain.

I have a couple of Compac's and CrazyGuys Rpi for those but not his R1's, he was/is out.  I do have a couple coming though and wonder if would make it available to me

The great thing is he released his custom firmware to public.  So no longer is it just his customers, he kept his word once he sold out he posted it.

Bitmain does have batch 2 up it has been going up in price though... which kinda stinks.  But it was a game changer for me going from having to restart the U3's to the R1 taking care of all of it with the custom firmware. Link to firmware - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13385790
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
February 19, 2016, 01:55:53 AM
I am normally a big hash guy but have recently started getting into the "fun" stuff and have ordered some Compac's, U3 and R1's to play with.

I was wondering if there is a good guide to running these from an Rpi?  Is Minera the way to go?

Thanks in advance

Best way with the U3's is a R1 with crazy guy's custom firmware.  I think it is the most solid controller out there.  A lot babysit U3's which is no fun on such a small miner.

If you don't go with the R1 and crazy guy, you will need a way to automate restarting of zombies as they are a pain.

I have a couple of Compac's and CrazyGuys Rpi for those but not his R1's, he was/is out.  I do have a couple coming though and wonder if would make it available to me
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:20:44 AM

I was wondering if there is a good guide to running these from an Rpi?  Is Minera the way to go?

Thanks in advance

Best way with the U3's is a R1 with crazy guy's custom firmware.  I think it is the most solid controller out there.  A lot babysit U3's which is no fun on such a small miner.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
February 19, 2016, 01:06:54 AM

Thanks in advance
Pages:
Jump to: