Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 9. (Read 149094 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I was under the impression that they were sufficiently cooled

2x120mm 12V fans blowing air up under the base of the bottom one's.
airflow created by the fans of the U3 to cool the base on the middle and top ones.

They're in my garage, so temperature is between 5<25C (and changes gradually) over the year.

I would think the cooling depends ambient and how hard you push them.  Look at batch 1's they thought they were..... and they had lots of issues.

But you did have batch 2's.   25 c does not sound to bad.  If you might use the IR temperature gun if you have one.    I thought the metal bottom could get a bit hot when running, but I could be wrong.
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
I was under the impression that they were sufficiently cooled

2x120mm 12V fans blowing air up under the base of the bottom one's.
airflow created by the fans of the U3 to cool the base on the middle and top ones.

They're in my garage, so temperature is between 5<25C (and changes gradually) over the year.
legendary
middle left and top right.

The previous one was the top left.

Well I guess there goes my theory on being up getting more heat with middle left.   I ran a lot more fans then I needed to when I was using U3's.   I was OCing compacs so the U3's got the fan's from them.   I set up a overkill 5 or 6 fan through a fan controller was for fun as much as anything.... and I like leds Smiley

Mine were pretty constant in that after using my R1 I didn't baby sit for at least 2 months or so.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
middle left and top right.

The previous one was the top left.
legendary
it looks like 2 of my remaing 5 U3 are dying too...

AU3 1 seems to have 2 dead chips
AU3 4 has a LOT of HW errors...

I really feel ripped off....

And no, they've never ran past 63Ghs. (and maybe 30/40% of the time, they were at base freq most of the time)

And yes, they were appropriately cooled...

(clic to enlarge)

Out of curosity the one's that seem to be dying are they both at top? Or bottom? Or kinda mix.

Was just curious if there was a trend with your setup on which ones are dying.   Probley not but worth asking.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
it looks like 2 of my remaing 5 U3 are dying too...

AU3 1 seems to have 2 dead chips
AU3 4 has a LOT of HW errors...

I really feel ripped off....

And no, they've never ran past 63Ghs. (and maybe 30/40% of the time, they were at base freq most of the time)

And yes, they were appropriately cooled...

(clic to enlarge)
legendary
Activity: 1274
PM sent, let me know if you're interested or not.

If not I'll keep the dead U3 around for a little longer before sending it to the e-recycle bin.

User jlauzon has not got back to me yet.  I'll keep the dead U3 for another week then it's off to the e-recycle bin.  If anyone else wants it, let me know. 0.03btc to cover shipping to lower 48 and it's yours.

One more week has passed and never heard back from jlauzon or any other user so the offer is withdrawn and the unit is off to e-waste.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Plug them and mine using cgminer 4.9.2 or bfgminer 5.4.1
No drivers req Smiley
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I have 6 u3 miners and would like to switch them over to my ubuntu laptop. Is there a guide on how to get these working with ubuntu?

I'm using 14.04.
Activity: 39
USB implementation on the U3 seems to be a bit flaky anyway. That's quite obvious if you read this thread. I have two U3 connected to my GNU/Linux Box and that works without too much problems (they do zombie from time to time though). There was no need to install any additional drivers. Maybe that's an option for those who can't make it work under Windows.
zOU
★ these are stars ★
legendary
what is that a picture for ants? I can't see that.

the picture is for antminer u3. it's make me confused.

He was joking on ant's.  But your image is far to small to see anything.  Pull it up and it is tiny... unreadable.

Try uploading to different site or something as that will not help.  Below is size you have it at...

try this.

What is the exact command you are using to start cgminer? Also have you updated to the latest version of cgminer?

Are you running cgminer from a .bat file or are you using the command line?

You should really be creating a .bat file in your cgminer directory and adding this line to it:

cgminer.exe -o -u -p

THen once cgminer starts, if the u3 doesn't show up, unplug the USB cable and Plug it back in.

Also you are power these with a PCI-E cable correct?

I suggested a basic one a bit ago - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13546056 don't think it was tested.  It is a good way just to see if cgminer sees it.  And use latest cgminer I believe.

I am thinking about selling a R1 possibly... if anyone is looking for one to control a U3. 
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

He was joking on ant's.  But your image is far to small to see anything.  Pull it up and it is tiny... unreadable.

Try uploading to different site or something as that will not help.  Below is size you have it at...

try this.

What is the exact command you are using to start cgminer? Also have you updated to the latest version of cgminer?

Are you running cgminer from a .bat file or are you using the command line?

You should really be creating a .bat file in your cgminer directory and adding this line to it:

cgminer.exe -o -u -p

THen once cgminer starts, if the u3 doesn't show up, unplug the USB cable and Plug it back in.

Also you are power these with a PCI-E cable correct?

Activity: 11

try this. http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv121/moronoid/pool.png
legendary

So if you go into your Device Manager do you see the device?

I'm thinking devices and printers shows them to.  If set up properly they should show up in there ( I believe it tells com port in that view aswell).

I think he might look at Zadig if not working still. I think it was most common problem.

i will try to reinstall zadig..here is picture from my pc.http://img61.imagetwist.com/th/10687/cz90gl8hu0uv.jpg
legendary

I'm thinking devices and printers shows them to.  If set up properly they should show up in there ( I believe it tells com port in that view aswell).

I think he might look at Zadig if not working still. I think it was most common problem.

Pages:
Jump to: