Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 2. (Read 149069 times)

Activity: 667
Merit: 500
just pulled my 2 antminer u3's rev 2 out of storage to mine a new sha256 coin..working like a beauty...all accepted shares non-stop..man I miss seeing these things work..to bad they are totally useless at mining bitcoin...just not enough hash...they are only about 50 - 60 GH's each..still a great piece of hardware
Activity: 3
Merit: 1
Nothing a good refrigerator can't do, by keeping the thing cold :-)
still. Everyone here has a valid opinion on the U3.
I agree, i have for about 72h now, and the first 12h were very troublesome.
Cleaned the thermal paste (like every other device that comes into my hands)
Didn't mess with the circuitboard though. just the BM1382 chips.
Maybe should do that.
Finally, after some hardship, got it to running. Read up on what others wrote in posts or "how-to's".

As said prior, everone here has a valid opinion.
That makes me supprised no one mentioned a way or ways to fysically adjust the circuit.
Would have been nice some here has done this.
And likes to share his/her experiences.

Don't mind doing it myself (if possible)
But would like to learn from those that came before me.
Before i wreck my only device i have.
Not like i have the money to buy a new one either.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1622
Ruu \o/
Consider yourself lucky it even works at 250, given what a steaming pile of shit these devices are. You haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting them running at 400.
Activity: 3
Merit: 1
Off all my fellow Antminer U3'rs,

has anyone tried to get the damn thing up and running around 400Mhz?
either by modifying the driver-icarus.c file from cgminer or any other way?
According to the datasheet, the BM1382 chips inside are able to do this.

Also, i have tried a couple of things from this long, long, very long conversation. (read this in an afternoon/evening)
All those with experience in BFGminer.
I can't get anywhere near 100Gh/s. Even with the settings you provided, i get around 5-7Gh/s (which i found weird)
And from what i recall (did it a couple of houres ago) i found that only 2 of the 4 chips reacted.

see my current settings below.

it's running for a day at around 63.11Gh/s with 3HW errors.
settings are 250Mhz 850mV
before i ran a day on 250Mhz 800mV, which gave me around 57Gh/s, and also 3HW errors.
ow, maybe need to mention it, but i'm cooling it from below as well.
that blue aluminum plate gets really hot.

Any new pointers for fine tuning are very welcome.
And for those who rigged that U3, please advice.
If i could get this running at 400Mhz, i would be so happy :-)

kind regards

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
My U3 with Bfgminer 5.4.2 have once a day a problem, the bfgminer runs but the U3 have no share (Gh/s) on the pool? (The Bitfury sticks are OK) Huh Huh

After a restart from the Pi the U3 is OK???

My settings:

"set-device" : [
   "antminer:chip=BM1382",
   "antminer:voltage=x760",
   "antminer:clock=225"
]

regards

Is it having trouble with going into zombie?   That is what it sounds like where a U3 stops working and a restart fixes it.   This is why CrazyGuy's R1 custom firmware is so popular as it detects zombies and fixes it.

But yes they do stop randomly for a lot op people.  This is why automation on fixing it is so nice to have.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2453
My U3 with Bfgminer 5.4.2 have once a day a problem, the bfgminer runs but the U3 have no share (Gh/s) on the pool? (The Bitfury sticks are OK) Huh Huh

After a restart from the Pi the U3 is OK???

My settings:

"antminer:voltage=x760",
   "antminer:clock=225"
]

regards
legendary
I want a U4 to come out with a few S9 chips on it or something along that line, anyone else think that would be cool?

These were S3 chips with the "BM1382 chips".   I am not sure we will see a new U series as the big miners are kinda stealing the show.  And I don't know how sales were on U3's it seemed the full sized S3 at the time sold a TON more then U3's.  But again speculation there I have no numbers just guesses.

If they do decide to make it though they have a great platform for a controller already with the R1.  All those running into issues should really give it a try as it is low power and gives you the GUI your familiar with.   And if you use crazyguy's modded firmware on them the auto restart is awsome.   But I highly recommend R1 for those running U3's.

i think a U4 come, but it's the old chip Wink 1385 from the S7
legendary
I want a U4 to come out with a few S9 chips on it or something along that line, anyone else think that would be cool?

These were S3 chips with the "BM1382 chips".   I am not sure we will see a new U series as the big miners are kinda stealing the show.  And I don't know how sales were on U3's it seemed the full sized S3 at the time sold a TON more then U3's.  But again speculation there I have no numbers just guesses.

If they do decide to make it though they have a great platform for a controller already with the R1.  All those running into issues should really give it a try as it is low power and gives you the GUI your familiar with.   And if you use crazyguy's modded firmware on them the auto restart is awsome.   But I highly recommend R1 for those running U3's.
Activity: 630
legendary
Hello,

so i will test my U3 for the efficient for performance settings, anyone have experience?

At time the U3 runs at these settings:

"antminer:voltage=x780",
   "antminer:clock=237.5",
   "antminer:timing=0.022421"
]

bfgminer version 5.4.2 - Started: [2016-06-14 11:08:25] - [  0 days 10:45:03]
 [M]anage devices [P]ool management Settings Display options             [H]elp [Q]uit
 Pools: 2 (0,2)              Diff:128  +  LU:[21:53:55]
 Block: ...4d5a001ffe217759  Diff:107k (763.6G)  Started: [21:54:25]  I:?
 ST:7  F:2  NB:2007  AS:0  BW:[ 44/ 11 B/s]  E:398.13  BS:455k
 1/4          | 42.81/42.88/46.03Gh/s | A:3147 R:5+1(.18%) HW:2/.00%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 AMU 0:       | 42.76/42.88/46.03Gh/s | A:3147 R:5+1(.18%) HW:2/.00%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regards
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Hi guys,,

Bought a U3 as a little hobby to underdtand the cgminer aspect of mining. I also have 2 S3's but they are obviously easier to set up and maintain.

Im having trouble overclocking it though. Currently runs at 225mhz and 775mv even though I have the bat file set up as follows:-

cgminer -o  -u  -p x --au3-freq 237.5 --au3-volt 800

(obviously with pool data and uswrname data in there.

Can anyone point me to where ive gone wrong?

Thanks.

I am with cgminer version 4.8.0 and my comand line is as (with ANT Pool):
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65 -o stratum.antpool.com:3333 -u MyWorker --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306
reaches +- 53 Gh/s
legendary
Well I changed the thermal goo and still behaving the same. It will hash at expected levels for 5mins then drop down. I've got it cranked right up and just about managing 40ghs. Aslong as its still going I'll keep it plugged into the r1, at least it will be restarted if she stops.

That is the best thing you can do is a R1 with crazyguys custom firmware.  It really will make your life MUCH easier no more babysitting.  Some U3's hang in the 40 ghs area so I would not be to caught up with it. 

I would hook it to custom firmware R1 and just let it go.... and check back in a few years Smiley.

Yep the R1 I have already has crazyguys firmware and is currently running in the antrun.de aswell, although I always hover around the 10-12 position  Cheesy (my R1 must have a dodgy leg or something lol)

It's still on my to do project to get mine up and running again.   I really do like the R1 once you put crazyguy's firmware on it.   I have a list of projects to get to.... and been slower then I had hoped for.

But I will eventually get my R1 back up and running Smiley.   
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Well I changed the thermal goo and still behaving the same. It will hash at expected levels for 5mins then drop down. I've got it cranked right up and just about managing 40ghs. Aslong as its still going I'll keep it plugged into the r1, at least it will be restarted if she stops.

That is the best thing you can do is a R1 with crazyguys custom firmware.  It really will make your life MUCH easier no more babysitting.  Some U3's hang in the 40 ghs area so I would not be to caught up with it. 

I would hook it to custom firmware R1 and just let it go.... and check back in a few years Smiley.

Yep the R1 I have already has crazyguys firmware and is currently running in the antrun.de aswell, although I always hover around the 10-12 position  Cheesy (my R1 must have a dodgy leg or something lol)
legendary

legendary
It could be bad chips, I forgot where I saw it, may have been a command in bfgminer, but you can look at the hash each chip is producing.

Also, my last U3 went from 60GH to one day it wouldn't go higher than 45GH no matter what I did (all the chips were working just fine), to one day it wouldn't hash at all.  So you could just be experiencing business as usual with the U3.

I had one that seemed to like the mid 40 range.   I did not push it and it seemed to work fine. just slower then some who push theirs and get high 50's etc.   I just considered it usual business as you mentioned.

It worked fine (besides zombie) and ran it for months until I sold my U3's.  So might not be the fastest one out ther.... but I think decent chance it's still a working U3.
legendary
Activity: 1274
It could be bad chips, I forgot where I saw it, may have been a command in bfgminer, but you can look at the hash each chip is producing.

Also, my last U3 went from 60GH to one day it wouldn't go higher than 45GH no matter what I did (all the chips were working just fine), to one day it wouldn't hash at all.  So you could just be experiencing business as usual with the U3.
So one of my U3's (which is set at 225m and 725v) has decided to only hash at about 20-22ghs. What would be the cause? A couple of bad chips? thermal paste that's lost its conductivity?

Anyone have any ideas? It was working fine this morning, got home from work and its down on hash.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
Is there a pool that pays when you use a low hashrate miner? Like Antpool PPS,  do they payout when you reach 0.0001 ?
Eclipse offers PPS, but im not sure what the payout threshold is for them. Should be quite low as I tested an Antminer S1 on there (underclocked ofc) and I got paid with their PPS. They aren't a big pool, but they do have pretty good rates.

an S1 is still >4 times faster than a U3 Smiley
My S1 was underclocked to 100gh/s, so the results were pretty close, still near 2x faster but still you get the idea.I'm pretty sure nobody runs s1s at full speed anymore because even in places like amazon and ebay, S1s and S3s cost the same and use about the same amount of power, but the S3 has much more hashrate.
zOU
Activity: 728
★ these are stars ★
I'd mine on bravo mining if I hadn't buy so many S3/S5.
Pages:
Jump to: