Pages:
Author

Topic: AntMinerS4 $1250 Bitmain's Official Partner - Official North America Distributor - page 18. (Read 68439 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

Are your others doing Diff 64 or Diff 256 ?

how do i know/change? haha

Your pool SHOULD do that automatically,Eligius does  Wink

If your on a pool that doesn't or your not sure....move & get to one that does...it's called PROGRESS  Cheesy

I still think that chain 2 isn't up to full speed,that temp (35C) looks like an indicator...at least to me  Wink
Activity: 759
Merit: 505
Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

how do i know/change? haha
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

There are threads for help and troubleshooting. Any reason you keep posting here?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s1-180ghs-miner-344970
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-bitmain-antminer-s1-setup-hd-355387

Greaterninja, any idea when you'll be getting stock in?

Oh, well, figured it out anyways and I've met a lot of great and real nice people on this thread too when I have small issues they can cover. Anyways, I figured one of my psu's to have more power leftover so I mixed and matched a few of the pci express's, and its straight now.

TY for links.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250

There are threads for help and troubleshooting. Any reason you keep posting here?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s1-180ghs-miner-344970
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-bitmain-antminer-s1-setup-hd-355387

Greaterninja, any idea when you'll be getting stock in?
^Sorry I never got up with you to teamview. You can setup dhcp on these but if the ethernet ports are physically disabled on your router it won't help.

I'm gonna bet that there is some sort of setting that either turns them on or that is not allowing you to connect with static IPs not entered into a table.

When you plug in an antminer into one of the ethernet ports do any lights turn on on the ant and do any lights turn on on the router? If so I think you should try setting up DHCP.

To do this, set the WAN up to a different subnet than the LAN... i.e. if your network that you are trying to connect to is 192.168.1.1 set the WAN to 192.168.5.1... Then set the lan to 192.168.1.1 and enable DHCP on it. This is important. If the WAN and LAN are set to the same subnet it will not work.

Let me know if this helps.

no lights on either end Sad if i could somehow get internet on my dd-wrt, i could use that? but for some reason, my dd-wrt won't get internet

I has been awhile but I remember somewhere in dd-wrt where you can turn off and on ethernet ports. Can you check this?

Also what exactly do you mean when you say dd-wrt does not get internet?

PS - I know I am considered a villain because of my low post count but I want neither btc nor to access your machine, just trying to help

I doubt you not and I appreciate your help. Today I downloaded the firmware for v2 for my dd-wrt and actually at one point was able to connect laptop to my dd-wrt with my laptops wireless off of course and get internet. but it lasted briefly and i was unable to locate the router settings and then it went downhill from there. Should anything be in the "internet" port ethernetwise of the dd-wrt, I have been using slot one for basically everything. But when my computer wasn't connected via ethernet to my dd-wrt, i could not locate the miner setup site or the dd-wrt site.

One more question, I have two miners on a 750w corsair, and one miner on a 520w dynex (temporary)   once in a while, the miner still, make second long beeps  3-4 seconds apart, green light blinkds, not flashes like when mining.  what does this mean? It does not sound like no internet so I do not know Sad

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrency Rules man!
Any idea on when you are getting more?Huh

Same here, when you getting more?
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Any idea on when you are getting more?Huh
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
^Sorry I never got up with you to teamview. You can setup dhcp on these but if the ethernet ports are physically disabled on your router it won't help.

I'm gonna bet that there is some sort of setting that either turns them on or that is not allowing you to connect with static IPs not entered into a table.

When you plug in an antminer into one of the ethernet ports do any lights turn on on the ant and do any lights turn on on the router? If so I think you should try setting up DHCP.

To do this, set the WAN up to a different subnet than the LAN... i.e. if your network that you are trying to connect to is 192.168.1.1 set the WAN to 192.168.5.1... Then set the lan to 192.168.1.1 and enable DHCP on it. This is important. If the WAN and LAN are set to the same subnet it will not work.

no lights on either end Sad if i could somehow get internet on my dd-wrt, i could use that? but for some reason, my dd-wrt won't get internet

I has been awhile but I remember somewhere in dd-wrt where you can turn off and on ethernet ports. Can you check this?

Also what exactly do you mean when you say dd-wrt does not get internet?

PS - I know I am considered a villain because of my low post count but I want neither btc nor to access your machine, just trying to help

Dynamic host configuration protocol.... hands out IP addresses dynamically instead of having to manage them all statically.

Ohhhh okay, just got back from bestbuy to replace the PSU and now miner is running but DUMB me, i left my motherboard custom switch by Cablez on the PSU and i had those wires so chopped up and messed up, otherwise I'd call back, guess cablez is gonna make me another Tongue.   paperclip and electrical tape is so yesterday.

I use a very small length of fairly thick (14 gauge) solid core copper wire. Long enough to, when bent in a "U", make good connection into the plug on the PSU Then using a small pair of diagonal cutting pliers to make a point on either end. Shove that in the proper pins and tape up. Safe, solid, and basically free (ok well .14 if you have to go to hardwware store and buy a foot of wire).
Dynamic host configuration protocol.... hands out IP addresses dynamically instead of having to manage them all statically.

Ohhhh okay, just got back from bestbuy to replace the PSU and now miner is running but DUMB me, i left my motherboard custom switch by Cablez on the PSU and i had those wires so chopped up and messed up, otherwise I'd call back, guess cablez is gonna make me another Tongue.   paperclip and electrical tape is so yesterday.
Activity: 819
Merit: 500

Out to buy a new power supply then will try that. sounds good thanks man . what does dhcp do specifically?
Mine hash at about 201 and draw around 380W (in the "sweet spot" on my psu) with these settings in /etc/config/asic-freq

option 'freq_value'     '5f05'  
        option 'chip_freq'      '393.75'
        option 'timeout'        '36'

if seen 2 different timeouts

36 and 38.  Which one?

My gut says it probably does not matter nearly as much as the other two settings but....

I have to give credit here to:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/366-how-to-overclock-your-bitmain-antminer-s1-to-200-ghs/
He does not say why and in  goxed overclocking thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmain-antminer-s1-support-and-overclocking-thread-348327

Just says change it with no explanation.

I have a recollection of seeing someone give an explanation but can't find it atm.
Activity: 819
Merit: 500

now my third miner won't turn on, i press the on switch and i get a feint red light then nothing. oijfpoweijfpoweijfpowifaf
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
You should get a Motorola docsis 3.0 modem.  

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/support/internet/article.cox?articleId=b2ec95d0-7ef9-11df-5590-000000000000

Feed it to the wireless wifi:   And im pretty sure almost any wireless router works like Cisco/Linksys 1000-6000 series. /Netgear/Asus/ etc

Antminer $1100

Power Supply $150

Modem $80-100

Router $60-120

Cable bill  $30-55

Mining is an investment   Grin

okay right on on th emotorola, will i be able to switch out teh current netgear they originally gave me or am i stuck with it to ebay it>

What netgear?

BTW   I had a problem with 2 of my ants on wi-fi out of 10.  They would run and disconnect, sometimes coudlnt scan the wi fi network.  I would up running back on Wan and set custom ip and used 8888 dns.
Wait so cox disabled the Ethernet ports on your router?Huh

Lol I know exactly what your problem is now you don't need ddrt ( if you don't understand dhcp how do you plan go flash firmware?)

I'm a bit new to DHCP, my ddrt is currently sitting in the corner of my room unplugged so it doesnt take any bandwidth away from my miners. I dont know whats up with my ethernet ports, but when I got my KnC, i had to get dd-wrt to make it work, through days of trying to get the saturn to work. I could not even plug ethernet cable from laptop to cable modem/router combination to get internet, so knc and I came to the conclusion my ethernets weren't workin and to get dd-wrt, now that these ant miners can run wirelessly, its a miracle.
Pages:
Jump to: