Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 16. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Nope it didnt. tried it on two machines with two 6970's in each. just checked one box was going the other hung up

EDIT: if your having trouble reproducing the bug just hit stop on the console and alot of time the box will pop up and sometimes itll just stay there and hang. its something to do with how phoenix process is shut down
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I suppose that'll be enough as a temporary solution  Undecided.
legendary
Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001
Hmm, was a little difficult, because even with only one core working, the temperature of the stopped core closely followed the temperature of the core that was @ 100%.
But I saw that appear different temperatures for each core (about 2 Celsius), and "Device Finder" catch one of them.
Afterburner i am using to read temp now.

The order of device number is also different.
GPU1 temp in Afterburner = Device 6 temp
GPU2 temp in Afterburner = Device 0 temp
GPU3 temp in Afterburner = Device 3 temp

Still the same results in both rigs...  Sad

1x5970 just device 0
2x5970 devices 0 and 3
If you don't mind, can you mine on one core and have the other core sitting idle for the 5970, and monitor temperatures using Afterburner or GPUZ (open 2 instances of it, the drop down menu on the bottom left should list 2 5900 series, one for each core)? Do they show different temperatures?

Because of dishwara, I think I'll have to have the user figure out which device is which GPU with an external script Cry.

By the way, did this fix the restart bug?
About the restart bug thing, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?yy43ik6nr58a85t
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Afterburner i am using to read temp now.

The order of device number is also different.
GPU1 temp in Afterburner = Device 6 temp
GPU2 temp in Afterburner = Device 0 temp
GPU3 temp in Afterburner = Device 3 temp

Bleh.
By the way, does the 5970 happen to only show 1 temperature for both cores?
The 6990 shows 2 temperatures, 1 per core, right?

5970 - 1 temp. But I do not know if it is the average of the two cores or it's the temperature of just one core.
6990 - yes - 2 temps, 1 per core.
Hm, do you happen to have GPUZ/Afterburner? They should list 2 GPUs for the 5970. If you just mine on one core, do they show different temperatures for the cores?
I do not know, but is it essential to your plans to have the temperature information of the two GPUs?
Perhaps one measure is enough, because the card is the same and there is no big difference between the temperature of the two processors of a 5970 ...

There should be though, if you mine on 1 core and play games/idle on another, which is what I'm trying to avoid  Embarrassed (mining on one core with a preset shutdown temperature, but the monitor reads temperature for the "idle" core).
Does this list two temperatures for the 5970? http://www.mediafire.com/?2rdbd97anpia8iw
Ignore the 10 devices thing, I'm having it list everything.
If not, I give up for now and probably will just throw a hacky fix that forces people to find out which "slot" each of the devices are on.
legendary
I do not know, but is it essential to your plans to have the temperature information of the two GPUs?
Perhaps one measure is enough, because the card is the same and there is no big difference between the temperature of the two processors of a 5970 ...

Activity: 126
Then make the fields bigger lol. I am not some ant to try and read that. Also, why write 5Xxx+?? Just write BFI_INT so there are no misunderstandings then.
And also, if it stays on top of every program(the osd) then how the hell can i watch a movie without that thing??
Is that your complaint about GUIMiner as well? They're the same size.
5xxx+ because not everyone understand what BFI_INT means. And I did say that they're the same thing on the first post. Do you just hit "Download" and double click when finished?
Drag it off screen then.
Most of the time.

Guiminer unlike this one has very readable text, and phoenixminer is coming for the phoenix which should allow even smoother mining. My advice is to add the speed on the gui itself.
About the restart bug thing, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?yy43ik6nr58a85t

I need some feedback on how well my temperature monitor is working (AMD/ATI GPUs only).
http://www.mediafire.com/?oyd7tj6ezvebaiz
Does it list both the slot the GPUs are plugged in and the temperature correctly?
Also, is Device 0 the one in first slot, Device 1 the GPU in the next-filled slot, etc.?
What I mean is, for example, I'm using slot 0 and 3, and Device 0 is the one in slot 0, Device 1 is the one in slot 3. Is the Device Number always incremented like that?

It displays wrongly. I have 3 cards in pcie_1, pcie_2 & pcie_3 slot thats Device 0,1 & 2, but temperature monitor shows as Device 0 temperature, Device 3 temperature & Device 6 temperature.
Only device number is wrong. But shows temperature correctly for each device.
Does it at least list the device numbers' order correctly? As in, Device 0 is Device 0 on the monitor, Device 1 is 3 on monitor, 2 is 6, etc.
I need some feedback on how well my temperature monitor is working (AMD/ATI GPUs only).
Does it list both the slot the GPUs are plugged in and the temperature correctly?
Also, is Device 0 the one in first slot, Device 1 the GPU in the next-filled slot, etc.?
What I mean is, for example, I'm using slot 0 and 3, and Device 0 is the one in slot 0, Device 1 is the one in slot 3. Is the Device Number always incremented like that?

Tested in 3 rigs:

1x 6990 - ok - 2 devices detected - Device 0 and 1 worked properly;
1x 5970 - just onde device detected - Device 0
2x 5970 - just 2 devices detected - Device 0 and 3

Hm, mind trying this with the 5970s?
http://www.mediafire.com/?6fwbxckivpohml2

Same result, lvlrdka22.
Bleh.
By the way, does the 5970 happen to only show 1 temperature for both cores?
The 6990 shows 2 temperatures, 1 per core, right?
legendary

It displays wrongly. I have 3 cards in pcie_1, pcie_2 & pcie_3 slot thats Device 0,1 & 2, but temperature monitor shows as Device 0 temperature, Device 3 temperature & Device 6 temperature.
Only device number is wrong. But shows temperature correctly for each device.
legendary
Im noticing a bug where the miner doesnt always restart. it Just hangs with a blank command line window open and its stay hung until i close the window the the miner restarts. any body else seen this? i tested on 10 machines and 8 had the bug with in 8 hrs

I too have same problem in 1.32
legendary
Im noticing a bug where the miner doesnt always restart. it Just hangs with a blank command line window open and its stay hung until i close the window the the miner restarts. any body else seen this? i tested on 10 machines and 8 had the bug with in 8 hrs

Same here. But not in 80% of the miners, like FRanz33.

Its been a bug since the very first version. only hiccup about the miner other than that it would be flawlessly functional...the asthetics (osd text size)..who cares just need it to mine without me hovering over it
legendary
The OSD position can't be saved. Restart of phoenix rising causes OSD go back to top left corner & also OSD gets messed by displaying each card details in same place. I have 3 cards mining & all 3 at same place.

I also found a problem in version 1.32.
It just says restarting after phoenix crash in a cmd window but can't able to restart.
only way to restart, is to close that window manually & it automatically restarts miner then.
This problem is not with 1.31. In 1.31, it displays restarting & restarts in less than 10-20 seconds.

OSD overlapping & not saving last position is in both 1.31 & 1.32
Then make the fields bigger lol. I am not some ant to try and read that. Also, why write 5Xxx+?? Just write BFI_INT so there are no misunderstandings then.
And also, if it stays on top of every program(the osd) then how the hell can i watch a movie without that thing??
Is that your complaint about GUIMiner as well? They're the same size.
5xxx+ because not everyone understand what BFI_INT means. And I did say that they're the same thing on the first post. Do you just hit "Download" and double click when finished?
Drag it off screen then.
So what are the good and bad parts about this program?

+GUI

-An OSD that stays in the top right corner of my screen without the ability to move it.
-The OSD stays on top of EVERY program.
-The OSD has barely visible words(impossible to read the text at all)
-Small fields when entering arguments
-Checkbox for phatk, but not for vectors and BFI_INT

Basically, although i appreciate the try, you should've tried harder.
Yes, it can be moved. You aren't doing it correctly.
That's exactly what OSD means.
You can change colors of the text.
What?
Vectors, put in to Extra Fields, it's in the instructions. BFI_INT=5xxx+.

Basically, if you can't be bothered with figuring out how to use, don't use it.
So what are the good and bad parts about this program?

+GUI

-An OSD that stays in the top right corner of my screen without the ability to move it.
-The OSD stays on top of EVERY program.
-The OSD has barely visible words(impossible to read the text at all)
-Small fields when entering arguments
-Checkbox for phatk, but not for vectors and BFI_INT

Basically, although i appreciate the try, you should've tried harder.

Tested in 3 rigs:

1x 6990 - ok - 2 devices detected - Device 0 and 1 worked properly;
1x 5970 - just onde device detected - Device 0
2x 5970 - just 2 devices detected - Device 0 and 3

Hm, mind trying this with the 5970s?
http://www.mediafire.com/?6fwbxckivpohml2
Just a quick bug report:

The backup pool feature seems to work nicely on 1.3 and 1.31. The get back to primary-pool feature however does not. I waited for over an hour now (it's set to 2 minutes), but i had to restart the worker to get it back to the original pool.

Anyways, thanks for the tool, it helps my uptime quite a lot!
It tries to tell using ping. If main server isn't pingable and is idling, it switches to backup until the primary becomes pingable again.
Pages:
Jump to: