Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 13. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 250
https://www.soar.earth/
I've never used phoenix but I downloaded and extracted it. Then I extracted this GUI into the same folder. I have an ID, username, password. I put in the ID and password along with server and port. I also found that my GPU is 0 and put that in accordingly.

Pretty much all that happens is I press run, a window opens very quickly and then goes away. GPU never goes past 0-1%

edit: looks like it's running now. I've got no real way of knowing what rate it's going at though, unfortunately.

And I now see where it shows the mh/s too. Sweet.

Now I just have to look for some information on the 4870 to get higher mh/s out of it. Right now I'm at about 70-75

I had the same problem, never quite found out what the problem was.
Care to share how did you solve it?

Thx.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Extra flags used: BFI_INT VECTORS WORKSIZE=128

HD5xxx+: checked means use BFI_INT, uncheck if your hardware doesn't support it (commonly, HD5k and HD6k series are supported).
You should also check pr.log and make sure that it's exactly what you want.
Activity: 434
I've never used phoenix but I downloaded and extracted it. Then I extracted this GUI into the same folder. I have an ID, username, password. I put in the ID and password along with server and port. I also found that my GPU is 0 and put that in accordingly.

Pretty much all that happens is I press run, a window opens very quickly and then goes away. GPU never goes past 0-1%

edit: looks like it's running now. I've got no real way of knowing what rate it's going at though, unfortunately.

And I now see where it shows the mh/s too. Sweet.

Now I just have to look for some information on the 4870 to get higher mh/s out of it. Right now I'm at about 70-75
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Mind posting a screenshot of the GUI, with ID/password blanked out, and post what Extra Flags you are using?
It happens to me too. As I have set the same option and extra flags from the 1.31 which works great. With 1.41 the OSD just doesn't appear. Any solution?
Activity: 140
I'm trying to run it and I can't get the OSD appers on the screen...

when I click run, the dos window popups and closes and nothing more happens...

That sometimes is fixed by restarting. It can be caused by a bad overclock or invalid WORKSIZE as well.

Is it your first time running a client or does the card work with other miners?
Activity: 262
Dubs Get
I'm trying to run it and I can't get the OSD appers on the screen...

when I click run, the dos window popups and closes and nothing more happens...
Activity: 174
Moving the GUI box seems to be unusually difficult if using the Windows 7 Basic Theme. There's only a tiny point on the box that actually allows you to drag it and the rest clicks through.

Yeah - that's a bit of a pain in the ass. My W7 boxes change to basic when the VNC server receives a connection. OSD can be dragged if you take the time to make sure the pointer is exactly on text of the OSD.

Unrelated -- Switched to BTCGuild today Smiley
It's one of the "features" of the Basic theme, don't think I can fix that Undecided.
What I can do is set an option to be able to save the places of the OSDs.

Another issue I found is the latest version (1.41) for some reason dropped the ability to set the color of the GUI text to none. Please add this back in.
It wasn't intended to allow anything other than those colors listed.

Can you add some way to disable the GUI then if you won't add a function to set colors to none?
Which extra flags option are supported? Can you list them please?. Thanks!
Moving the GUI box seems to be unusually difficult if using the Windows 7 Basic Theme. There's only a tiny point on the box that actually allows you to drag it and the rest clicks through.

Yeah - that's a bit of a pain in the ass. My W7 boxes change to basic when the VNC server receives a connection. OSD can be dragged if you take the time to make sure the pointer is exactly on text of the OSD.

It's one of the "features" of the Basic theme, don't think I can fix that Undecided.
What I can do is set an option to be able to save the places of the OSDs.

Another issue I found is the latest version (1.41) for some reason dropped the ability to set the color of the GUI text to none. Please add this back in.
It wasn't intended to allow anything other than those colors listed.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
NOW
This is great. But without fail it crashes my entire desktop after about 10-15 minutes.

I have a 5830 running 2.4 SDK @ around 85C. I've tried both the phatk and poclbm kernels, and they both crash.

Independently running phoenix with the same args I have no problems, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm running the GUI on 3 machines crossfired and am having no issues. Maybe you can update your flags?

Flags? I'm using the same settings as I was using with phoenix command-line: namely, in Rising I have 5xxx checked (which turns on BFI_INT), AGGRESSION set to 7, and I have VECTORS in the Extras.
legendary
Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001
Someone is also seeing a decline in some of hashrate GPUs in the new versions?
In my rig 2x5970, for example, the hashrate of two GPUs are constant at 388. But the other two are ranging between 340 and 370.
Do not understand why this is happening...
If I run the phoenix from the command line, all four GPUs running steady at 388.
Any ideas?  Huh

UPDATE:
This problem happens only in cards with two GPUs (5970 and 6990).
In version 1.3 this did not happen.
If I start mining in only one of GPUs, the hashrate is normal. When I start the second GPU, the problem starts.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

Activity: 9
Connecting over logmein to a slow connection it's difficult at times to click and drag. With that changed I don't need to do anything, turn the pc on, PR launches and puts the OSD in the correct places.
Activity: 9
Nice program, the only gripe I have atm is the OSD overlapping. I know I can click the "click through" button to make them movable, but when I do this the OSD goes to a solid colour, lets me move it and no matter how many times I press the click through button again it never actually gets any text or transparency back.

I've not looked into that at all, I'm at work and a bit busy atm. But I did edit the client so it offsets the clients down the side of the screen and adds a 5px gap between them.

Changed line 715 from:
Code:
$osd[$i]=guicreate("OSD #" & $i+1,200,64,0,0,-1,bitor($ws_ex_topmost,$ws_ex_layered,$ws_ex_toolwindow),$hidden)

To:
Code:
$osd[$i]=guicreate("OSD #" & $i+1,200,64,0, + $i * 90,-1,bitor($ws_ex_topmost,$ws_ex_layered,$ws_ex_toolwindow),$hidden)

Source + binary here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AXN0MYRP
http://www.mediafire.com/?qfau02x6fc8qa2c
Activity: 139
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
I am getting same speed 430+ Mhash/s for each 5870 card. No speed change.

Running 1.41 for past 4-5 hours. 3 clients running. & 2 shows 1700+ shares accepted.
When i woke up, i saw a Windows white error window saying, phoenix.exe gave problem something & asked to close it.
I clicked close then OSD showed up with 2 clients 1700+ accepted & another one 800+ accepted.
Seems one client crashed, but it restarted itself in background & was running. But in front widows showing crash error.
Once i closed the crash error window, it showed OSD.
So, seems working good.
Pages:
Jump to: