Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 15. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
So will 64bit binaries return in future versions past 1.4 or has that ship sailed?

I prefer to use 64bit apps, though I know there really isn't any kind of performance gain in this small of a program it still is a peeve of mine.
Activity: 154
It's pretty obvious all my feature request are already in afterburner, but my suggestion was that it would be very efficient if we only launch 1 program to monitor, OC, run the miners, etc. I think they wouldn't be too much bloatware either as they are all useful. How I wish I know how to code but ideas are the least I can contribute. And testing =).
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Hi! It's been a while since I've started using PR! Just having issues with my ISP's IP addresses being banned from the forum, I had to use proxy servers just to read threads here. =)

I think we should have a feature request, would that be asking a lot? =)
The whole idea is that the only thing that we'll launch is you're GUI.

Here's the list:
1. Temperature display (VRM, Core, Memory) OSD (since you were already able to tap into the temp control)
    -addendum: Clock throttling to a certain profile when a temp is reached like for example, at night temps are cold, we could OC to like 911/300 5850 stock volts, but during daytime noontime when temps reach like 85-90C on core, it would throttle down to like 860/300.
2. Overclocking tool (like set the clocks at start/when the Run button is pressed)
3. Fan Speed display
4. GPU Core, Memory, VRM Clocks display
5. Maybe the Withdraw button for pools that support it (Same as with GUIminer)
6. Maybe the Miner Stats reporting (like the Widget) where in we enter the API Json from the pool and we get stats like current exchange rate, pool has rate, miner hash rate, BTC earned, workers, etc.

I would say a lot of us here is going to support you (donations, mine at you're suggested pools, bounty etc.)

We couldn't be even more thankful for all your work. =)

I would happily beta test your app!

Most of the things u asked already in Afterburner.
Adding all these things to MINER will make it BLOAT-WARE & can cause severe performance decrease & mining efficiency.
Also, Its always good to use more than one tool, which will give space to work easily.
Hi! It's been a while since I've started using PR! Just having issues with my ISP's IP addresses being banned from the forum, I had to use proxy servers just to read threads here. =)

I think we should have a feature request, would that be asking a lot? =)
The whole idea is that the only thing that we'll launch is you're GUI.

Here's the list:
1. Temperature display (VRM, Core, Memory) OSD (since you were already able to tap into the temp control)
    -addendum: Clock throttling to a certain profile when a temp is reached like for example, at night temps are cold, we could OC to like 911/300 5850 stock volts, but during daytime noontime when temps reach like 85-90C on core, it would throttle down to like 860/300.
2. Overclocking tool (like set the clocks at start/when the Run button is pressed)
3. Fan Speed display
4. GPU Core, Memory, VRM Clocks display
5. Maybe the Withdraw button for pools that support it (Same as with GUIminer)
6. Maybe the Miner Stats reporting (like the Widget) where in we enter the API Json from the pool and we get stats like current exchange rate, pool has rate, miner hash rate, BTC earned, workers, etc.

I would say a lot of us here is going to support you (donations, mine at you're suggested pools, bounty etc.)

We couldn't be even more thankful for all your work. =)

I would happily beta test your app!
legendary
1.4a also gives same problem.

1.31 working fine.

legendary
Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001
Tried again downloading 1.4. Same error, no mining.
Also the pr.log shows everything correctly.
I don't know why not mining at all. hope some one will try & reply.

Same error here.
Hm, if you have Process Explorer, mind opening that up, run PR, scroll down so that PR is visible in Process Explorer, and hit run?
Try to see if phoenix is created as a child process (should be a tree under PR.exe). It may disappear quickly, so as soon as you hit run, look on Process Explorer.

Also, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?3qhx6ke2lpx0g29
All the that changed between the launching process in 1.31 and 1.4 is that I added logging (which I removed in this).
legendary
Tried again downloading 1.4. Same error, no mining.
Also the pr.log shows everything correctly.
I don't know why not mining at all. hope some one will try & reply.
Eh, don't know what to say. I didn't change the launch function at all, and the OSD even shows up on my XP 32-bit laptop with only integrated (along with phoenix, which exits as soon as it launches since it couldn't find a GPU to run on).
I just downloaded from the link to test, works...
Try opening pr.log and check that the launch parameters are correct?
legendary
I ran PR1.4. It does nothing. It says it starts miners by showing cmd windows & closing, but NO PHONEIX.EXE runs in task manager & no OSD & NO MINING AT ALL.
It shows everything as mining , but without mining actually.
Check it. Again going back to 1.31

Please, add tabbed interface SOOOOOOOOON.
With 6 clients, i actually can't able to see last client, due to now added pause, temp....
Only way to see, is to delete last 3 clients which i don't use now from phoenix.ini after taking backup of phoenix.ini.
1.4! Let me know any and all bugs, as usual.

I have windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit only. I tested & ran with this file, Phoenix Rising 1.32 x32.exe.
The other file, Phoenix Rising 1.32.exe, gives me the following error,
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your Computer's information..............................."

Did that version above your post still have the hang bug?
legendary
I have windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit only. I tested & ran with this file, Phoenix Rising 1.32 x32.exe.
The other file, Phoenix Rising 1.32.exe, gives me the following error,
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your Computer's information..............................."
I tired with 1.32 new now for hang testing.
I killed one phoenix.exe in task manager & it was restarted correctly, but with 4-5 retries of showing cmd windows restarting.
I did it only one time, so not sure.

Besides, yesterday night, i got strange problem.
I used 1.32 which u gave before, i never used your GUI, actually i was not aware a GUI for phoenix with phatk exists.
1.32 gave restart hang. So, i tried with 1.31 & at the same time i updated windows 7 32 bit to sp1.
After installing sp1, even 1.31 gave hang problem. So i uninstalled sp1 & then 1.31 worked fine by correctly restarting.

I think the new sp1 interfering with PR.
So, ask others also to uninstall sp1, if they have upgraded to sp1 & try with 1.32

EDIT:

Just know one miner crashed itself & after 4-5 restarts it restarted.
But it seems miner crashes itself with new version.
Within 10 minutes, 2 miners crashed.

So going back to 1.31 as my SH won't happy if i mine less.

Did you try the 32-bit in this version? I've had it running for 4 hours now, no hangs so far. Only a few restarts, but that's because of my flaky net (need to replace router and modem).
Only one rig, and using only W7 Ultimate with no SP, so can't really test anything for bugs, sorry Embarrassed.

Hm, try this (temperature monitor is still not implemented yet, ignore it for now): http://www.mediafire.com/?u1tmtamjekr8b9a
DO NOT USE THE 64-BIT. It doesn't kill phoenix processes correctly.
Switched from using ctrl+break to directly killing the process. Should not have the hanging bug anymore. Let me know if there are any side effects.
legendary
I tired with 1.32 new now for hang testing.
I killed one phoenix.exe in task manager & it was restarted correctly, but with 4-5 retries of showing cmd windows restarting.
I did it only one time, so not sure.

Besides, yesterday night, i got strange problem.
I used 1.32 which u gave before, i never used your GUI, actually i was not aware a GUI for phoenix with phatk exists.
1.32 gave restart hang. So, i tried with 1.31 & at the same time i updated windows 7 32 bit to sp1.
After installing sp1, even 1.31 gave hang problem. So i uninstalled sp1 & then 1.31 worked fine by correctly restarting.

I think the new sp1 interfering with PR.
So, ask others also to uninstall sp1, if they have upgraded to sp1 & try with 1.32

EDIT:

Just know one miner crashed itself & after 4-5 restarts it restarted.
But it seems miner crashes itself with new version.
Within 10 minutes, 2 miners crashed.

So going back to 1.31 as my SH won't happy if i mine less.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
NEVERMIND, apparently the new kill process function I stole has broken compatibility with 64-bit.
From now on, only 32-bit binaries  Cry.
Besides, AMD's DLLs for monitoring GPU temperature is 32-bit.

If the hang is finally fixed, I might be able to get temperature monitoring up (but that requires a bit of extra work on the user side, to figure out which devices are which).

ur right. 32bit works...im going to try all my unit tonight. Ill report back in the morning
NEVERMIND, apparently the new kill process function I stole has broken compatibility with 64-bit.
From now on, only 32-bit binaries  Cry.
Besides, AMD's DLLs for monitoring GPU temperature is 32-bit.

If the hang is finally fixed, I might be able to get temperature monitoring up (but that requires a bit of extra work on the user side, to figure out which devices are which).
Maybe theres away to just kill phoenix then kill the window that pops up automatically?
ooo yea that kill is much cleaner than the last version...lets see how it does overnight

Edit: nope. Now when i hit the stop button it doesn't kill the process it just run in background. I dont know if it affects the auto restart but the manual stop and start is botched now. i have to go into task man. to kill it myself

Editx2: i can now confirm even on restart the process doent kill at all.. ever 30 sec another phoenix instance and piles up until computer crashes. take this version down asap
OK will try. ur pretty quick on this man
Hm, try this (temperature monitor is still not implemented yet, ignore it for now): http://www.mediafire.com/?u1tmtamjekr8b9a
DO NOT USE THE 64-BIT. It doesn't kill phoenix processes correctly.
Switched from using ctrl+break to directly killing the process. Should not have the hanging bug anymore. Let me know if there are any side effects.
Pages:
Jump to: